In two months all legacy Firefox extensions will be unlisted and deleted from AMO

In two months all legacy Firefox extensions will be unlisted and deleted from AMO.
Is there a current archival process?

Attached: Firefox-on-Fire-TV-announcement-1400x770.png (1400x770, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18998
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1219353
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/GCLI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

archival of poo?

That's how jenkem is made.

Why the fuck is mozilla so retarded? I wish the waterfox devs would have their own archives and extenstions

whats firefox? some chrome extension? lole

I WON'T UPDATE, LONG LIVE RIKAICHAN

But seriously has nobody started an archival effort?

use yomichan you sperg

and I should care, why?

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18998

Can't vouch for it. Seems some already have been lost due self-withdrawals by developers since October 2017

Code a new extension that isn't deprecated legacy shit.

>why the fuck isn't Mozilla keeping this shitty extension model that gives extensions full access to your PC including, but not limited to, reading/writing any file in your mounted drives, executing programs and scripts, full access to the networks? Fuck, XUL extensions breaks any time they make a modification to the engine, and they are in the middle of revamping the JS, CSS and HTML engines; why aren't they keeping XUL extensions?
I dunno man. It must be a SJW dindu nuffin cuck onions jew communist conspiracy against the White© Straight ® Men™ of the world.

Attached: 1492122678227.png (374x312, 110K)

They won't even implement UI api fag.

I use Downthemall. Fuck Mozilla.

Why do you need those outdated addons?

>inb4 muh autism

99% of extensions are not maintained and will never get rewritten. Mass deleting extensions will only push firefox down into single digit market share

i know for sure now, FF 60 ssuxxass on win 10, yeah, liked it better than Edge, and hate to say goodbye to my Asuka theme extension.
but this thing is the source of my freeze-ups.

what's the deal? IDK, but IDC...

on this win 7 box I'm going this on, runs great, so IDK.

on the whole, I've said goodbye to a few crap softwares lately, last few Win 10 updates have turned it into a Nazi OS, ...I guess Logitech's setpoint.exe looked a little too hooknosed for MS' new standards, caused system slowdowns w new updates, had to go..

MEIN FUROR!

Attached: blonde-people-happy-and-winning.jpg (640x480, 67K)

Decide which deprecated version(s) of Firefox you plan on using.
Then use an archive site to obtain the extensions for the given version(s) of Firefox you intend to use.

Back them up to external storage.

There you go.

Attached: 654.png (425x404, 120K)

I don't understand. So Mozilla needs to approve every single addon from now on?

>*e10 teleports behind you*
>uh nothing personnel kid
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1219353
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/GCLI
>e10 breaks GCLI
>after a few months they still didn't manage to fix it
>better deprecate that feature, who needed it anyway right?

Attached: ScreenShot_20180607115608.png (671x159, 17K)

This is just retarded. Can't you just hide the extensions or make them harder to access? I bet this some new blue haired intern who wants to do something with his time

So you want Mozilla to stop developing Firefox altogether? That's your solution? All those (unmaintained) extensions are either broken or will break with the extensive revamps Mozilla is making to the rendering and JS engines. Hell, even Palemoon has had to patch their shit just so the extensions don't break. XUL extensions are stupid and beyond retarded. Mozilla fucked up by not deprecating it earlier.

>we're becoming so irrelevant people won't maintain their extensions anymore
>better bend over and adopt Google® WebExtensions™ so we can at least steal Chrome addons
also
>xul addons should somehow break by revamping JS engine
k

Doesn't explain refusal to add more web extension apis.

y duz fox leik piza?