Unironically, even if I'm not Indian, why should I learn Java Jow Forums?

Unironically, even if I'm not Indian, why should I learn Java Jow Forums?

Give me some solid good reasons why I should learn the literal language of the Pajeets

Attached: Java.png (512x512, 33K)

employment

>why I should learn the literal language of the Pajeets

so you can meet a cute pajeeta

Attached: cute couple.jpg (720x960, 99K)

Yeah this

It's either C# or Java and Java has the advantage of not being locked into Windows. Obviously there is Mono but if you apply for C# job it will 99.9999% be on Windows and Windows server.

This is neither a sexy nor a popular fact. But it's truth nonetheless.

Your mileage may vary. in some parts C# is the main enterprise contender.

>Give me some solid good reasons why I should learn the literal language of the Pajeets

You simply don't know enough about
languages and their use. If you are asking a question like this, there is just so, so much you don't know in all the fields of programming applications. To say Java is Pajeet's is so massively wrong, it's not even humor.

I cringe at this type of post, I reluctantly post to it just so you hopefully won't believe in your own misguided thinking

...degaS
>*cringe*
>*ugh*
>*barf*

Attached: 15229571jhjhjh.gif (280x210, 372K)

I'm reading a Java tutorial and every time a coding example with a string of a person's name comes up, the name is Soonoo. I chuckle every time cause I keep hearing the Java=Indian meme on Jow Forums. Especially since it rhymes with poopoo.

Also chuckle when I come across grammatical errors.

>Also chuckle when I come across grammatical errors.
Errors which are unironically made by
"brown people who eat curry and defecate in streets"
aka most of Java Developers

Learn C. Java is for ADHD faggots who can't handle segfaults or compilation times and want their shit to werk with thousands of runtime errors

Java is pretty easy to learn if you already know something else like C++ or C#.
As for the "should I learn java Jow Forums?" you should ask that yourself if you believe it will be useful for you in any way, asking random people if you should dedicate some time off your life for something is dumb, I can tell you to learn pascal and fortran and I doubt it would be useful for you other than wasting a lot of your time.

Jobs.
Lots of good algorithms and data structures books use Java.
You can use Spring or make Android apps.
The JVM is great, and learning Java will open the doors to Clojure and Scala jobs (two of the best languages imo).
Also Java is easy as hell.

The good thing is that Java and C# are really similar, if you know one it takes very little effort to jump to the other.

Sadly true

A real compiled portable lang. I really like jar files, they are small and just werks.

Attached: 1523929441853.jpg (643x720, 154K)

/thread

This. It's a great language to learn. Once you have a solid foundation in software engineering you can select a language out of the bazillion out there which is optimized for you specific goal.

>widely used
>just works for most applications
>not a nightmare of new and bad ideas every quarter like javascript
>not a walled garden like C# or Swift
>virtually garunteed employment if you grok it on an intermediate level
>literal and not theoretical portability and platform agnostic development
>an actually performant and resilient backend
>verbosity and other drawbacks of the language are heavily mitigated by the quality of development tools avaliable
There is no reason not to learn Java and become proficient with it. The alternatives are much worse.

Java is unironically a good language
Don't believe the memes

lol

Whats with people learning languages? You just learn programming and read the docs of whatever syntax you have to use

fpbp

this. the OO and generics implementation is somewhat clunky but at least they didn't YOLO async methods into the standard library

Good post
I already knew that clojure was awesome
But scala seems really special
Thanks

9 in 10 Jow Forumsents don't know the first thing about software development and just meme about what they read here. It's a sad thing to watch, but every now and again you get a good enough string of posts to make the shitpost norm bearable.

>Your mileage may vary. in some parts C# is the main enterprise contender.
Where? Like one square mile somewhere in NJ? I mean sure you can probably find plenty of .net jobs anywhere with tech companies but java is overwhelmingly dominant for corporate

Because unlike what jobless retards tell you the industry is almost entirely dependent on language specific frameworks. I've heard enough of this "you dont need to know a language" meme to understand why americans are having a hard time finding jobs.

>java is unbelievably slow due to the fact that it has to run through a second language during execution
This is why it'll never be a good language.

Denmark, specifically the capital region. C# for dayz.

Mate it's not always about using the best tools for the job. It's also about making sure that there are enough other people who can continue and contribute to your work.
Yeah I know it pains your autistic soul to be seen using a meme language. But really there's a reason why it's a meme in the first place. It's about how easily you can be replaced.
For someone who manages little codemonkeys like you(sorry I was also once one), I now only approve run of the mill, straight forward, non creative work. Just so I'm not entirely dependant on just one Dev.

You fucking kidding me right? Let's say for a minute that even if it is true, do you know how cheap is good hardware as opposed to good devs?

you shouldn't, you should learn .NET instead

It's the fastest of the managed languages and can best "low level" languages in run of the mill implementation of certain workloads thanks to the amazing jvm

Ye OP, learn C

C++ is way faster. It may not be a pretty language but it's functional.
Functionality >>> aesthetics.

>functional
>you can find maybe 1 out of 20 devs who can actually write working code

start with C or Python

Atlanta probably had more C# than Java shops when I was there (moved to DC this spring). I assume other major but not apex metro areas are similar.

Attached: indeedcom.png (517x302, 21K)

I don't see any reasons there, Rajeesh.

>bullshit aggregator stats
Yeah nah. Those aren't the least bit accurate as most companies worth working for don't do listings in the general retard public boards.

keep being deluded then

Attached: java-csharp-python-cpp-banking.png (767x747, 121K)

>C++ is way faster memes
At best it is easier to get lower latency.
>the industry is almost entirely dependent on language specific frameworks
Your point? That aint rocket science either. Unless you're a brainlet it isn't a problem.

I work for one of the largest HFT firms in the world and we predominantly use Java. If it's fast enough for us, it's fast enough for whatever irrelevant CRUD app you're shitting out.

>Your point? That aint rocket science either. Unless you're a brainlet it isn't a problem.
Point is people look for experience measured by time using specific frameworks and libraries.

And then they come cry to me that they don't find qualified personal for [meme framework here] and then hire me to learn on-job instead and pay me the double. And all because corporations can't see that nobody wants to be the Spring/Hadoop/Akka guy and nothing else.

Hasn't been true for a year or two, .NET core exists and is gaining momentum. Best reason to pick c# or Java is one tends to dominate the other in a geographic region, so pick the one most used where you want to live.

Deprecated thanks to the popularity of Python.

Python is displacing all other scripting languages, it's not displacing java/c# from LOB apps and enterprise services.

>LOB apps
Deprecated
>Enterprise Services
meme

>Deprecated thanks to the popularity of Python.

Django pls go.

>implying a segfault isnt at runtime

>java is unbelievably slow

Attached: ss-2018-06-08-00-12-00.png (975x847, 58K)

describe them however you want, there is a metric shit-tonne of java apps and services out there that are the backbone of many businesses. i don't like java, i'm not an expert, but its pretty obvious it's going nowhere, and python is not cutting into it's core uses.

It's actually one of the fastest languages...
Because the JIT compiler can do profile-guided optimization, aggressive inlining, and target the exact instruction set of your CPU.
Also, the garbage collector makes memory allocation virtually free (it's a bunch of instructions, basically incrementing a pointer), and de-allocation is amortized because it's done as a batch.

There is a reason why Java is at the top of most benchmarks.

C++ is not faster because people use "modern C++" with RAII where you spend half your time allocating and freeing crap.
It's reference counting memory management, just like Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.

Not faster than what? java? C++ has no GC which makes it faster than any VM lang and only slightly slower if not on par with C.
RAII is not costy at all and is not any different than calling the constructor and the destructor yourself when you leave the scope

This. I code in whatever language I can achieve my objective faster.

If I want to shit my pants and go for speed and size I stick to ASM (not raw ASM unless absolutely necessary, MASM is usually enough)

If I'm bored and feel like coding something for shits and giggles I'll go with VB for Windows or Purebasic if I need multi platform.

If I want to code some random shitty algorithm or something resembling a pajeet tutorial in a kind of like RAD environment I'll stick to interpreted languages.

If I'm doing serious work I stick with C++.

As long as you have the basics program in whatever language you feel like programming in. Frameworks are easy as fug to learn.

Attached: 907.gif (499x499, 747K)

lol gay, relax pajeet