Best linux distro for laptops?

mostly from the performance standpoint

Attached: linux_copy.jpg?itok=fellptYe.jpg (620x349, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

csoonline.com/article/3250653/open-source-tools/is-the-bsd-os-dying-some-security-researchers-think-so.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo pajeet fag

Xubuntu

Lubuntu 270MB RAM footprint , fully fledged DE

>nuff said

What you are looking for is FreeBSD. Linux is bloated.

I heard it's Xebian.

microwatt - minimal Ubuntu with i3wm and power optimization out of the box

debian netinstall + lightweight DE like xfce or lxde

just a minimalist selection of packets and you can add yours + you have the stability of a debian

kek
csoonline.com/article/3250653/open-source-tools/is-the-bsd-os-dying-some-security-researchers-think-so.html

they're all the same
some are just outdated

The desktop environment impacts more than which distro.

Openbox (LXDE, LXQt) or i3 > Xfce > KDE, Mate, Cinnamon > Gnome.

Among the distros. I recommend Antergos since it's:
(1) easy to install
like Mint, Ubuntu or Manjaro
unlike Gentoo or Arch
(2) cutting edge
like Arch & Fedora
unlike Debian & CentOS
(3) secure enough
way more secure than Mint or Ubuntu
however less secure than Alpine, BSD or Qubes

Void, gentoo or pretty much any minimal and highly customisable distro.

Lubuntu + i3

Why Ubuntu?
Stable, common, it's easy to look for resources and help online, best support

Why Lubuntu?
LXDE is the lightest desktop environment and it's highly customizable, it has a very intuitive GUI and it has a great set of pre-installed apps

Why i3?
One of the lightest windows manager out there, highly and easily customizable, it's a tiling windows manager so it's great for laptops because you don't have to use the touchpad

debian + lightweight de like xfce

or if you are too lazy to set up stuff then you can go mint xfce version what works out of the box.

install gentoo

I do that on my 10 year old laptop. Works fine.

Attached: 1518450078956.png (1280x1280, 391K)

Attached: ABtIF4sl.jpg (530x320, 31K)

What's the absolute smallest and most stable distro sufficient for hosting VMs that I will actually use instead?

Gentoo if you have a modern CPU and don't mind compiling, otherwise a lightweight distro like debian/arch with any desktop that isn't kde or gnome

Attached: 1507568018761.png (600x472, 120K)

Lubuntu

GNU/Linux is a good choice for laptops.

install source mage

Ubuntu Mate

This.

If you can handle command line get either Debian or CentOS, they're fastest for most benchmarks I've run.

Linux From Scratch with only required packages

Running a server kernel on a laptop ?
You stupid ?

I installed Manjaro kde on my x230 and it works like a charm. Dual booted win 10 but will ditch it most likely.

>linux distro
>laptops
Enjoy your 1hr 22mins battery life.

You goddamn dumb anime posting faggot, go fuck yourself.

>what is power management

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1459786321564.png (359x678, 120K)

Void was the fastest in my tests, but is a little more demanding of its user than xubuntu.
You could try antix? It was fast too...Debian base.