Technophobia thread

I just got raped in the ass by a bootkit and after countless weeks of trying to kill it without success, I have no choice but to start a new build from scratch and trash my old one altogether. Now I'm scared shitless whether or not I should continue being the master race but still live in fear, I still don't even know how I got infected or how that fucker bypassed my security. It had to have been a zero-day drive-by attack, since I don't download or open random shit. Eitherway, fuck Windows for being an exploitive piece of shit and fuck Linux too for exploiting said pieces of shit. I'm just going to buy an Xbone and be happy. But before I do that, I want to know how do you faggots deal with this shit?

>Inb4 install gentoo
>Inb4 OP can't inb4

Attached: 03_shipping_malware-100694090-large.jpg (700x525, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hRguZr0xCOc
youtu.be/46kAzBMJpEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install gentoo

Not being a retard helps.

>I want to know how do you faggots deal with this shit?
by not opening pajeeta_nudes.jpg.exe

>fuck Linux too for exploiting said pieces of shit

Attached: 1378345634900.jpg (360x296, 65K)

>Technophobia
> how do you faggots deal with this shit?
technological degrowth is a thing. Can't fuck up technology if there is no technology

I have no idea what you are talking about

Are you drunk?

>What is Kali

if you can't format the hdd just buy a new one?
why trash the entire build? are you retarded my friend?

Wait you got stuck by what?

I got isos from random people and all they do is having backdoor to my computer, why the fuck they would sabotage me?

Well, I must repeat some bullshit after them, but maybe it's what they want...

Like ... installing and configuring some bullshit that doesn't have defaults.

I'm not following. What does a pentesting distro have to do with all this?

Attached: 1392132380662.png (1280x720, 676K)

All true hackers hack with assembly on scientific calculators, don't pretend people use linux to do bad shit sometimes. Linux is mostly harmless.

are you sure you're not just paranoid?

The motherboard is fucked, you dunce. Plugging in a device instantly infects the newly recognised device, even with autorun disabled.

buy a new motherboard?

I am even more confused now. Did you quote the wrong post?

Attached: 1f6b406f9005d39ee9441dbe0655238d.jpg (345x396, 119K)

maybe flash a clean BIOS image? some boards have a read only failsafe bios that you can switch to for this purpose, therwise buy a programmer. cheaper than a new build

>raped in the ass by a bootkit
How did it happen? How did you find out? Are you sure you aren't just trolling?
this

Backtrack looked cooler.

bootkits are hdd based not motherboard based.
diskpart/ clean will kill the mbr

Reset the motherboard, then.

Will updating the BIOS help?

not if you have hardware that was created after 2008.

if you have a BIOS virus, sure. if you have a bootkit, not so much.
bootkits are in the MBR or EFI section of a hard disk, you'll have to boot a windows recovery/install disk and use the diskpart clean command or boot a linux live disk and use whatever the linux equvalent is.

>I want to know how do you faggots deal with this shit?

Follow these instructions to the letter

youtube.com/watch?v=hRguZr0xCOc

Wipe the hard drive and reset bios, problem solved.

Pray with me, brother. The Bogs are benevolent, they will hear your call, they will make the call, "unhack it".
youtu.be/46kAzBMJpEk

Attached: activate it.jpg (581x581, 40K)

How the fuck did you even get infected by a bootkit?
Anyway, unironically install Gentoo.

UEFI protects from bootkits yes?

Not if it's hacked by a 1337 h4xx0r

Malwaretisement redirected me to an EK landing page using a zero-day exploit which inturn gave me the bootkit payload, my AV didn't seem to care and neither did the latest patches.

Sucks to hear. Well, you should have at least learned a few things from this:
>"antivirus" software is useless
>block ALL ADS, with no exceptions. don't listen to marketing faggots who insinuate they have the moral high ground
>block ALL THIRD PARTY SCRIPTS, preferably ALL SCRIPTS by default, and only enable them page-by-page if the website doesn't work properly without them
All this stuff can be easily accomplished via uBlock Origin + uMatrix, no need to be a technical genius.
Although installing Gentoo would be better.

This is what you get from using proprietary software, hardware and solutions.
>Acting like a good goyim and rushing to buy goyim supervision/entertainment-system.

Didn't 4chin users get hit my malware that affected uBlock users last December?

Get an EEPROM flasher and rewrite your Bios flash. EZ.

Use killdisk

The issue was slightly more complicated.
Basically, Hiroshimoot added some shady domains to be loaded with Jow Forums (likely bitcoin miners) which caused the CSS to be fucked up if blocked via uBlock Origin. You could clearly tell it was intentional since it showed up correctly for half a second, then it fucked itself up.
A script blocking the script detecting if the botnet domains were blocked was however provided shortly after.
The uBlock Origin developer luckily managed to fix the issue in less than 24 hours. A true Jow Forumsentooman.

Unpopular Opinion: People shouldnt use ublock on sites that explicitly try to disable it. The site is a service, service owner gets to choose terms of access

How would you even figure out this happened?...

I'm not saying you're not a schizo but I'm not saying otherwise either

What's a bootkit

Enjoy you're malware

OP confirmed for using Windows 10. Should have stayed with xp or 7, chum.

Look at this faggot