Why haven't you fallen for the Audio-Technica M40x meme Jow Forums?

Why haven't you fallen for the Audio-Technica M40x meme Jow Forums?

Attached: 1391077781-48043000[1].jpg (1600x1600, 154K)

Because they use dynamic drivers.

i skipped to more expensive stuff

Is z reviews /ourguy/?

Because my very first phones, SRH840 are still probably better

Too much bass, hurts to wear after only 30 minutes, and isn't openback. Just buy HD 598 and pay a little more.

I got the takstar pro 82 instead

Honestly SRH840 guy here i have a few other phones,; Superlux 668B (for gaming not music), AKG K701, when they were Austrian made, and Ety ER-4S IEM, plus hd598, and I really havent been impressed with the 598, imaging and soundstage sure, but the sound just seems muffled and far too laid back. Not sure if its just taste though

I don't know shit about this, but I thought they were monitor headphones so not supposed to be bassy?

What was your first pair of "high end" headphones?

I did. they were bass bloated and hurt my ears after 10min even though I'm just 6' tall. Also the cable made false contact with my phone.
>absolutely pathetic
so I sent them back.
Even MDR-7506 with that shitty long cable is better, at least you can trust the cable will work, are light and don't fdestroy your ears. I will mod the cable layer an tada'. Fucking rekts.
Stay away of non flagship headphones, if they are 5ish years new probably they are shit unless is the flagship model.

sennheiser meme sound signature is retarded.
some retards think laid back is soundstage lmfao

I thought that too but after trying a freinds pair it sounds pretty bassy and muffled feeling. Maybe after years of hearing HD 598's and Etymotic HF5's I'm just not used to that kind of sound and don't really like it.

But what actually makes these headphones horrible is how they feel after a few hours. It hurts pretty bad and clamps onto your head way too tight.

Yeah I find it relaxing If I wan the image of what I'm listening to, but holy crap I am not impressed by them, The shures blow them away in clarity, the k701's in everything the the er4's in insane detail and signature. I do want HD800 at some point but I want to be damn sure this veil shit is long and gone before I but them.

>muh clamp

That's interesting. Do you recommend the HD 598's for a first time high end buyer?

If you could go for it, I'd recommend DT880 over them. Similar price range but I know what the 598 sound like and I can just tolerate it,.--- That is only my personal opinion though, maybe another could chime in

I very well might have, but I fell for too many a headphone before that...

I tried many headphones and they all sound pretty much the same, enjoy spending thousands for placebo

No.

Because I don't like falling for shit memes.

hd598 and k701's are completely different league of headphones. There is no point in comparing them.

Enjoy being deaf. Objective frequency response measurements prove that you are a fucking retard.

why does every second tick on my 7s26 has a mettalic clang? Could it be that a pallet jewel has fell off? Rate is complete shit too, will probably use this as practice for changing a movement

I've fallen to the SHP 9500s meme

But I did.

Attached: M40x2.jpg (4608x3456, 982K)

whoops wrong thread

Twice? Why many ears do you have, user?

Outdoor and indoor use.

because I fell for the DT770 meme with detachable cable mod

About to buy them as well. How are they?

I found that all of them tended to blow them away for quality, the shures even had more detail, not quite the same imaging though, the er-4s is lightyears ahead in accuracy and detail

Because I'm using the Philips A5-Pro, prefer it over Sennheiser HD650 and others I tried.

Attached: A5PRO_00-IMS-en_HK.png (494x435, 114K)

I need some studio headphones for producing and mixing. the ATH-M40x are my only real option right now for under 100€ so I might snag em soon

try krk kns8400 if you can afford where you are, even Shure SRh840

They are uncomfortable as shit so keep that in mind.

I'm not a fan of HD5xx series too. HD600 are exceptional but I don't really care much about other Sennheiser headphones.
HD5xx are very nice headphones for non-audiophiles looking for "nicer" headphones though. They are easy to drive, cheap and those kind of people don't really give a shit about sound signature or headphones sounding muddy, since everything they used before was complete crap.

How do you keep track which pair is which, by smell?

It's strange I heard so much hype about the 598, that they have better soundstage and clarity than the 600 even, I saw it as no question due to the price, I'd prefer the clarity of the 600/650 but holy crap the "sennheiser veil" was a disappointment. I have Etymotic ER-4s for amped detail listening and just got the hf5 for the etymotic kind of signature, but from mobile, at 16 opposed to 100 ohms. I'm hoping the day I do go for ther HD800 it will be a world of different, if they are comparable to and far exceed the K701 aNDer-4s that i love

they are both around 130€. are those the best for that price range?

Just holding them I could tell them apart. The newer one is a bit stiffer and headband stitches is not as good as the old one.

For closed backs that I know of yes, it's quite possible there are others for sure. There will always be betters, but well out of that range

M50

but i did
they're great and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be able to tell the sound they produce from M50X

What kind of question is that? How dare you not using one of pic relateds.

Attached: 1449444489121.jpg (1200x942, 163K)

I love my HD598s but sometimes I need closed headphones. I fell for the M50x meme but they were uncomfortable and too bassy (switching to velour pads helped a bit but not enough) so I swapped them for the 80ohm version of

Takstar Pro82's = Superlux hd-330s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audio-Technica

>clamps your path

i have them, the only con is lack of comfort,but they sound amazing

>Hd598
My nibba
I have the 599's and they are so goddamn comfortable it's insane. Bad the m50's but they were the most heat producing uncomfortable pieces of headphones I've ever had. Overall good for the price but the pleather ruined the initial experience.

I recently fell for the T1 meme. Its like fapping with your ears. They are also very comfy.

Attached: DSC_0003.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

Mine don't clamp because the little plastic parts on the hinges broke on BOTH SIDES.

Attached: SHIT.jpg (1920x1440, 521K)

I don't actually like using headphones and noise isn't a major concern for me, so I only have cheap IEMs.

because i got the original 50's for $80 8 years ago

I don't know about the M50x, but I don't understand the Sennheiser HD hype. They are extremely expensive and have questionable features like surround sound. The DT770 might not be the most flashy ones around but they are dirt cheap and you can be almost certain that every mix around went through these at one point. How do you think they compare to the HD598?

>Sennheiser HD
Which one exactly? Those go from HD 201 to HD 1000

Because I use M50's. Can't be assed to spend much more than $100 on a pair of headphones, so these work well for me.

I can't really tell you for sure, but these HD590 - HD600 get mentioned quite often around here. I personally don't like the shape and the cushioning of these Sennheiser headphones altogether, so I never really looked into them.

Agree totally with you, i'll never understand how can people pay so much for some headphones that look like total shit even if the sound quality is good.

It's not only the look. Those oval shape seems to be designed, so that the earpads sit directly on your ears, which is extremely uncomfortable to me. I think the earpads should go completely over the ears and don't touch them at all.

My father has the Sennheiser MB 660, which are an absolute joke. For around 450$ you get some shitty wireless quality combined with extremely uncomfortable fake leather earpads. I guess Sennheiser is good at marketing, but their products are a complete joke to me.

>Sennheiser MB 660
I don't understand how big the sound quality is between something let's say 100 dollars and something 4 times that price, why do people pay so much for them, is it really worth it, I don't think I would ever pay so much for some headphones.

Attached: 1528239446370.png (1524x3312, 683K)

Because I’m a cheapass and have a fetish for old funky looking headphones from Goodwill.

Attached: A25F5C6F-4C61-40E8-BED8-CCB2A2810AEB.jpg (722x800, 123K)

lol I fell for the noise canceling meme and took the bose qc pill friend. i love overpaying for nonsense i dont need and the feeling of guilt afterwards because i cant bring myself to return it.

because the m50x exists

meh. open headphones have no bass. sound flat.
I have senheisser HD 580s, they're nice for classical; for any other genre they sound like shit. Upgraded to DT-770 and upgraded again to fostex th-x00. No regrets.

I already gave my ATH-M50 to the 16yo I lost my virginity to

I like how they put the most established studio reference headphones, almost every studio and radio station on this planet owns, under "scam".

There are things that are up to taste and then there are industry standards that you can't argue with.

It's like someone went to /hpg/ and made a compilation of the most shilled headphones in every price range. Very convincing.

Attached: 1477896269882.jpg (473x324, 38K)

user i can feel the edge from over here

Hope he treated you well.

Are the pro 250 ohm the ones to get? Amp is a JDS O2. I hear there's a 600 ohm version out there as well.

yeah had that on my m50

glue and tape only lasted so much longer, m50x didn't change the design so i held off

no hes another generic otaku
>muh cables
>muh foobar

hello I am the guy who made that list nad that's actually how I made it

but I've also listened to every headphone listed on there except the HD650, HD800S and SHP9500S along with most of the scam phones and I can vouch for the /hpg/ shills, sorry you was scammed retard, sell your memephones and try again

Attached: 1525974653919.png (650x750, 409K)

Just get the 598 CS if you want a closed back headphone from a reputable brand. Or if you want V shape get the DT 770. There is no other option unless you want to own multiple headphones.

Kinda depends what you want to do with them. As far as I know more ohm means mostly just that you have a thicker cable and less potential for interference. Especially like when your cable slaps around your dick, it might give little clapping noises with lesser ohm. But on the other hand more ohm is harder to drive and needs more energy. So if you only need them on solid amps you can easily go with the 250 ohm or even more (I didn't know that there is a 600 ohm of the DT 770). But if you consider using them on mobile devices I would pick the 80 or even 30 ohm version. I have the 80 ohm version and need a firebug DAC on my cellphone and laptop, or some recordings are not loud enough for my taste.

Got a pretty good deal on HyperX Cloud II which is basically rebadged Takstar Pro 80 with a mic and I swapped pads to Brainwavz, feels fucking comfy, my fav closed headphones I've owned

But I did?

I bought into the MSR7 meme instead

Good choice, I own HD600s but spent a full day auditioning everything except for stax and a few other exotics when I was in Japan and MSR7s really sounded great to my ears. If the HD600s ever die (doubtful) I'll replace them with those.

i fell for it. got m50x's. im going back to sennheissers as soon as i can.

fucking things dont even cover over ears all the way, gets uncomfortable after like 30 mins. sound isnt as good as sennheisers i had.

Because I fell for the ATH-WS1100 meme

Yes, mine are 5-6 years old now and still work great.

get out

Love my ATH-M50x for normal listening, for mowing I use the ATH-ANC7

HD 598 with tube amplifier, fixes the cold sounding 598's makes em sound like 600$ pair of headphones

I'm kinda impressed, I've had my pair for 6 years now and have just needed to replace the pads a few times.

I'm poor

Attached: zx110.jpg (466x466, 18K)

Because I liked the way the Sennheiser 598c sounded more.

Attached: D89B3308-58B8-4FDF-90F0-7096509C552F.jpg (1147x1500, 154K)

IMO HD598 arevar from cold sounding, I disliked the bass levels when I first tried the, that combined with the sound of listening through a wool glove.

Really goes to show, there are very few truth in the audio world, it's 90% personal opinion

happen to me
i used coat hanger wire to keep them stable

>"Who are you gonna believe? This objective graph or your lying ears?"
I decided a while ago to go with my lying ears and have been happy with my choices. I don't knock anyone else if they prefer different speakers or heaphones though, because their ears are not my ears!

Ok is this just b8 or what?

Attached: 4669482+_4c7bb7af121849a29941253502ba0d37.png (688x558, 31K)