I JUST PAID $100 FOR A FUCKING STYLUS

I JUST PAID $100 FOR A FUCKING STYLUS

I WANT TO DIE

Attached: apple pencil.png (1200x1200, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7_dMXToZ2c
fastcompany.com/40435064/what-alan-kay-thinks-about-the-iphone-and-technology-now
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

return it

why did you buy an iPad Pro?
not going to make fun of you, just wonder why an iPad pro and not something else

I bought the new 6th gen $300 iPad that came out a couple months ago

It's the first non-pro iPad to have Apple Pencil support

I bought it for college so I don't have to carry around a bunch of notebooks and shit all the time

Not using actual paper and pens/pencils is stupid.

ipad pro + apple pencil + procreate is by far the best setup available for digital artists and blows the competion away so far it's not even funny
buying it for any other purpose is questionable

Works good

Attached: IMG_0919.jpg (750x958, 84K)

>ms paint

Attached: 37478014-7F27-4ADF-85C0-72B34C4BA434.jpg (1125x1096, 241K)

This. The pencil is for drawling.
Imagine this:
>you are studying from 5 sheets. They are laid out at your desk. You look and see what you need on a sheet (as long as there is light) and continue.
>you reach for your iPad, navigate to app x, find sheet 1. You look and see what you need, but look again, iPad is sleep. Now you need sheet 3. Back out of sheet 1, display sheet 3, oh no my battery is dead because I spent all day writing notes. Also my pencil is dead.

Attached: 4L_M1210HvO.jpg (1492x2048, 338K)

does the pencil work on iphones? i only ask because ill buy it for my gf eventually if it does... and you think spend it 100$ on it is bad, just wait for when i spend 200$ because region with markup and excessive shipping costs.

Pencil only works with iPad Pros or iPad 6th gen (the one that came out this year)

>$100 for a fruit dildo that can't even detect tilt properly

Attached: 1497901262395.webm (640x360, 1.63M)

>clearly a childs hand
you need to be 18+ to post here, summer

You seem to start the strokes of each letter backwards from what is conventionally taught.
Have you ever had a major bone break in your writing hand?

>is by far the best setup available
the same shit says every applenigger.
>Doh, fagbook plus firewire plus overheating components are by far the best setup to drink coffee at starbucks.
>iCrap is by far the most convinient product and the OS just works.
only digital idiots buy ipads to work on.
Even me, who doesn't do any serious work on drawing, I have a fucking $300 wacom tablet.
If the "pro" artist doesn't have the brain to get atleast a wacom cintiq, they are not "pro" artists, they are just professional iDiots.

Samshit Galaxy Tab S3 doesn't have this problem

Attached: IMG_1210.jpg (4032x3024, 1.46M)

artists with brains stay the fuck away from wacom

Wacom remains the best option even with loosening quality and poor software. The ipad pro lacks power for serious illustrations, photo editing, and 3d work isn't even an option. Maybe with the pro 3rd gen things will get better.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the classic combination of a Thinkpad, a pen and paper is shilled so hard
>It just werks

Imagine how stupid you will feel when you inevitably drop $50 to lose your virginity.

>i love kike dick up my ass

>Also my pencil is dead.
This part is easily solved.

Attached: how-to-charge-apple-pencil-3.jpg (1280x800, 169K)

No. That's just the Apple Pencil being crappy.

Holy shit.

>ishit
>work
Pick one.

Attached: 1528389886857.jpg (750x958, 78K)

Why isn't she going all spastic with the other stylus?

mactoddler

dont listen to the old farts who cant embrace technology.

I got through my engineering degree using an ipad mini + stylus for the math/physics.

Stored all my notes + books on it,

Jailbreak might be a requirement though (being able to screenshot and have that be always show on top + adjustable in size is pretty much a requirement), I dont know how easy that is to do these days since this was like 5+ years ago.

Reminder that Apple literally pays Pajeets to shill their fruit garbage.

Attached: F5431166-D8DE-4056-BA89-24ABBE589972.png (1536x2048, 256K)

moar clicks

Curry break is over, Raj. Get back to your workstation.

w/e, hate on apple all day, but that gif alone is bs. it's like infomercials were they show people acting like retards unable to do basic mundane shit that no one has an issue with to try to sell you some shit product.

WHATS A COMPUTER
HUHHUHHUHUHUUHHU

>it's like infomercials were they show people acting like retards unable to do basic mundane shit that no one has an issue with to try to sell you some shit product.
This. It's seriously cringey how iToddlers try so hard to make up bullshit to try to shill their fruity toddler toys.

>iPad
>select the "charcoal" pencil

>Photoshop
>gorillions of brush settings, even down to how wet or dry the medium is, and if colors can smear and blend

Also the tilt is being captured properly in photoshop, you can even see it rendering the brush tip angle on the bottom left of the righthand screen. They just have no idea how to properly use the brush tools in photoshop.

One is an 800 pound gorilla used by the photography, design, and marketing business world, and the other is an iPad app that lets you doodle. Wow. So brave.

>Have money
>Buy whatever the fuck I want
>Bought an ipad 12.9 with apple pen while just browsing around Best Buy because I am bored.
>Get apple pen
>Works great! it was a fun toy for an hour
>Lost it the same day I got it and never gave much thought about it.

Wacom pens are expensive too, big whoop

Imagine being this fucking bad with your personal belongings. I hope no one you love ever gets kidnapped, or they'll have to come to terms with the fact that you are a worthless shithead.

now tell us what its like being a raging homosexual

Imagine what it would be like if you invested this money instead of throwing it away. You might be able to afford a nice car, yacht, or even a mansion that isn't your dad's.

Dumbfuck

I can already afford a mansion, documented in my name only.

>I can lie on the internet

Attached: fattrollsmile.gif (192x180, 4K)

Which app?

yeah, but the point is fucker the iPad Pro is expensive as fuck and you are getting little in return with the pen dynamics. it is has always been marketed towards artists as a portable apple-brand sketchbook/workdesk. they like to show off the stuff people can make on an iPad with the pencil. you can make good stuff on an ipad, but the wacom cintiq companions just blow them out of the water when it comes to actual pen dynamics, and it comes with much more powerful internals to power real-world art programs like Corel or Photoshop. the only downside is it's not apple and runs windows. is sacrificing the most sophisticated pen-digitizer in the world worth getting an iPad thats basically just an XL sized Galaxy Note?

Hating on Apple products is red meat to the young youtube technology audience.

Also rajeets's t. Jow Forums poo in loo posters

Oh don't worry, we agree. It's just shitty because you're comparing (pardon the Jow Forums-tier joke) Apples to Oranges. One is for vapid blue-haired insta girls to pretend they can "do art" and the other is to get actual work done.

Don't get me wrong, I love my wacom (wish I could afford a cintiq).

learn how to hold a pencil the correct way

>t. autist

its works 'well' inbred. go back to middle school.

And the other setup (Cintiq?) is cheaper and standalone and lets me shitpost here?

>people buy this shit when wacoms and cheap drawing tablets exist
you have noone to blame but yourself

Attached: fake-magic-card-memes-006-Red-Forman.jpg (250x343, 75K)

Are you looking for a device to do color-correct art and photo editing work on at a workstation where external light won't fuck up your calibrated color reproduction, or a device for general web? Cintiq is for the former. A cheap Android tablet is enough for the latter.

Literally nothing on the market comes close to an iPad when talking about the sub $500 range

Lagdroid cant compete

He is right faggot, learn how to write

didnt mention android retard

ITT: People who literally have no idea how much the ipad pro with the stylus is an improvement over the chink shit bamboo anal garbage.
most wacoom shit that goes for 1 grand is big clunky and slow 60hz garbage, the ipad for draw fags and people in the industry is the only best choice at the moment
if you fags think your 30-60hz garbage bamboo shit is any better then this you should really ask someone who works in the animation or drawing industry, oh wait most of you fags dont even go outside

I will too, if Applel ever gets off their ass with the patent bullshit so it'll work with the touchpad on my macbook to turn it into a built in wacom tablet. I refuse to buy it prior to that, though, because I don't own any other Apple products to use it with.

I think someone doing anything that justifies this sort of stylus would agree that properly functioning tilt is far more important than whether than screen is 60 or 120 Hz.

This.
iToddlers soigasm over their toddler toys while professional users laugh at them.

This. There's absolutely nothing else on the market that's as absolutely fucking shit as the lagPad "Pro."

Wow, seriously? You mean all these projects doing video editing, animation that use Wacom are somehow willingly enduring torture because they can't buy a $100 pen from fucking Apple?
Or is it because you're a fucking brand-loyal drone that must get what someone tells them to instead of what works for their own person?
It might be better, as new products usually tend to be. So superior people will ditch their current $200+ equipment just to suck Apple dick? No fucking way, get a clue.

the tilting argument is retarded because no one who properly draws tilts their hand in and angle like a nigger tilting a gun in a detroit burger king

>video editing
>animations

for art school majors sure

but people who work in the industry like the automotive or architecture all use ipad pros

*teleports behind you*
*updates your lagPad*
Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Attached: 1515361672615.webm (1280x546, 2.79M)

Literally fucking nobody uses ishit for any seious work. Your desperation is hilarious iToddler.

Tilt can be mapped to different things, and is typically used for things like line width on a marker or pencil tool.

go see for yourself fucking retard, oh wait you're probably too busy ricing your i3 on your chinkpad so you could impress people in the desktop threads while sending out resumes for junior level jobs

>t. itoddler that's never picked up an art pencil or brush in his life
Just kill yourself now you worthless fruit zombie. You will never amount to anything in life and will die alone in your mom's basement surrounded by your fruit toys in front of your cum encrusted St. Steve shrine.

>don’t understand things, declare it to be stupid and wrong

You faggots are fucking tea partiers of tech.

Two different sectors of the industry then! And I'm still skeptical, working in the film industry. I can't vouch for architecture myself, obviously, but some friends in the business do use Wacom still. Some also use iPad Pros as well, but they do so because they never had a Wacom in the first place. But that's not my area of expertise; the film industry is, and I call bullshit on your argument. People with Wacoms stick with them; people that have theirs broke or had none SOMETIMES contemplate an iPad Pro over a Wacom, but it's always a dilemma on what to choose, and those with experience with a Wacom tend to buy another because they're more familiar with it.

hello Greece

ITODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

ITODDLERS BTFO

pencil sucks for writing. To justify my $100 purchase I downloaded some manga apps so I can learn to draw hentai of my waifu though.

Why didn't you buy the Microsoft Stylus Pen?
Only US$99.99

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 10.09.17 am.png (1346x559, 100K)

Oh look, another idiot, that FAKE MEME has been cut down a billion times now.

Because it doesn't work at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7_dMXToZ2c

Unironically i liked the Microshit pen better than the apple one but i'm not an artist.

This works, but you missed the part where the battery is dead. As a user of the product, I can say that I don’t really like to have it plugged in without an extension cord.

shhh.... begin prostate stimulator.

>he fell for the applel meme

Attached: lelpad.jpg (1500x1180, 289K)

Get off the channel, mom

That Apple pen is actually pretty good when it comes to drawing.
I have very limited experience with it, but it did feel better than any of the Wacom pens I've used. It feels closer to an actual pencil.
Though this Apple thing is basically an expensive as fuck sketchpad and you should only consider it if you have a ton of extra money.
For real work get a Cintiq.

Yes. If the battery is dead, plug it in. That will make the battery not dead.

If you want something that feels even more like a pencil, try an actual pencil and a pad of paper. It's way cheaper, considerably higher DPI, doesn't need to be charged, your drawings are automatically saved, and the screen never times out.

not defending wacom but

a grip pen is actually better.
it has tilt basic tilt function.
4000 something levels of pressure and thats enough
2 buttons and eraser.
it doesnt need batteries

cost about $80

also theres a little more parallax dye the screen but you can actually see where the pencil is without touch the screen with it.

looking at the damn cursor in digital art is very important. and this is the biggest flaw for surface and appke pens.

as an artfag. surface\apple pen were insteresting but not that good for real work.

also the minimum level of pressure you need yo make it work. is faaaaar more optimal in wacom pens.

tablet shit are good for fun but if you want to work better buy a monitor tablet. and it doesnt matter if is wacom jinovva or any other wacom wannabe

Sorry, but that hasn't been my experience with my pro for the past year that I've used it. Not only does it allow me to instantly find any point in my notes in an easy way, but I can use the onedrive that my uni gives me to allow me to pull up my notes wherever I am.

procreate

PS2 have much lower lag then usb and much more less lag then display touchscreen
There was relly nice article about modern system latency

Shove it up your ass and then return it... duh

And get which alternative instead?

A decent interview with Alan Kay where he gives some insight to Apple's original aversion to styluses

fastcompany.com/40435064/what-alan-kay-thinks-about-the-iphone-and-technology-now

>So, I talked to Steve on the phone [about adding a standard pen and penholder]. I said, “Look Steve. You know, you’ve made something that is perfect for 2-year-olds and perfect for 92-year-olds. But everybody in-between learns to use tools.”

>And he says, “Well, people lose their pens.”

>And I said, “Well, have a place to put it.”

>So, what does the iPad [Pro] today look like? Well, it looks a lot more like a Dynabook, right? It has a keyboard, it’s got a stylus, probably partly because of the Surface.

>But guess what? There’s no place to put the pen. What the fuck are they thinking about?

LOL

>his shitty stylus has a battery
o i am laffin

Attached: BURST20180608093257542_COVER.jpg (2560x1440, 537K)

>if you fags think your 30-60hz garbage bamboo shit
Are you drawing or playing Crysis?

>Samsung
Enjoy your fire

It'll keep me warm.

>i draw at 60 fps apple durr durr durr durr durr durr holy fuck wow