Would it be possible to use Windows XP as a daily driver in the current year? I'm notalgiac as fuck for this thing

Would it be possible to use Windows XP as a daily driver in the current year? I'm notalgiac as fuck for this thing.

>Inb4 install a GAHNEW/Linux distro

My main rig is running Ubuntu 18.04

Attached: WindowsXP-580x358.jpg (580x358, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg
zdnet.com/article/registry-hack-enables-continued-updates-for-windows-xp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reactOS

No.
My sister in law used xp till last year. Her browser (chink chromium opera) was stuck in some obsolete version because higher version didn't worked with xp. This may be the case with other software aswell.

Yes
My ThinkPad x60 runs it
You might have to run some older versions of stuff but I'm having no real problems

Hell I feel a little more productive with how I'm distracting the ui is

just get the bliss background and change some of the system sounds to the xp stuff, it will feel great

No. Many programs are obsolete, including browsers. Because of obsolence of browsers some sites won't work properly and they'll work even less properly as time passes by. Also, Windows XP has very bad security today because it does not receive updates since 2014 (I heard you can patch it to receive updates up to 2019, though).

not even in usable state
funny thing, in a thread about reactOS a few weeks ago i talked with a retard who claimed that reactOS is a perfect option for industrial machines stuck on old windows', saying that a few bluescreens and restarts a day are acceptable in such use cases
this is the state of reactOS shills

>ubuntu
Get Debian.

These fucking retards know nothing about using xp in current year, Firefox ESR works fine and still gets updates or you can use the 32bit of gnu icecat if you want muh freedoms.

Best to go with xp 64bit though, as its based on server 2003 it runs programs designed for vista and 7 better than 32bit xp

XP is fine, I think you should use PosReady 2009 since it is still being updated

The name “GNU” is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not Unix!”; it is pronounced as one syllable with a hard g, like “grew” but with the letter “n” instead of “r”.

This is a recording of Richard Stallman saying “GNU” and another with a short explanation about how GNU was named:

· gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
· gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg

It's pronounced GNU as in GNIF.

>I heard you can patch it to receive updates up to 2019, though
Yeah, that's useless as well.

Yes, I run it. Chrome doesn't update anymore, firefox only gets security updates, and I've run into a few 64-bit only applications that I wanted to use but other than that it works fine.

That's not one syllable though.

yeah just don't connect it to the internet.
if you do though i have this awesome software that patches it up , just forward all your ports and post you IP .

These were my thoughts as well. My biggest concern would be security, although you can mitigate that by avoiding shady websites altogether.

Actually, he isn't wrong,

zdnet.com/article/registry-hack-enables-continued-updates-for-windows-xp/

K-meleon browser is the only one I got working with XP that works fairly well.

So you want to use windows XP and you are on Ubuntu.
Wich one is the actual fucking worst?

I want to use it for my DX9 games for the most part, with a little web browsing in between.

Use Windows 7 with XP theme

Attached: 1522906429411.gif (498x278, 540K)

DX9 runs natively on Linux. Use PlayOnLinux to install windows software.

A lot of my favorite games are still buggy as fuck in wine.

I-it’s not the same...

Attached: 751175E3-51D8-4788-91B1-877821513DCA.jpg (1024x962, 74K)

You can use it but it's not gonna be a pleasant experience.
If you are going to use it as a daily driver use posready2009 instead of plain XP.

I’m considering doing this. I believe there is a way to edit the registry to make x4 think it’s posready, so it continues to get updates.

yes, actually

but you wouldn't want to use it too heavily to surf the web, especially safe outside of "safe" areas. a very restrictive hosts file and ublock origin should help.

use POSReady (there's a registry patch to make regular XP get all the POSReady updates)

a few of the latest updates are a bit buggy, but nothing major yet.

for a browser you can still use firefox esr

It's like using 98 after 7 was out.

doesn't work on everything

Is Firefox esr the only functional browser for XP?

I saw you two retards arguing
g-d 4chang really is 3 people furiously shitposting, hiro included, and me

I use it on Virtual Machine with Windows 2000 and I love them both but web browsers are not working properly, the protocols are obsolete, etc. But it's usable and it's comfy, boots faster than Linux. Depends what you want to do on it.

qtweb or kamelion
doesnt run some things but few between

Opera works as well and it isn't even that bad.

XP is perfectly fine to use if you are using the embedded POS ready version and you are also employed as a cashier.

>XP
Why not go further back?

Attached: Logo_Microsoft_Windows_95_1.png (1280x219, 41K)

Sure why not. Bitches be like muh security.
Just format that bitch in 10 minutes on a regular basis

>obsolete protocols
>drivers not always work
>16:9