Subwoofers

I've been recently looking into putting a 12 in sub in my car. Thing is I have no way of determining which sub-woofer to get. Reviews aren't helpful as it seems its just people fanboying over their favorite brand. Anyone have any actual experience with a sub-woofer?

Attached: 61TkMPwpkUL._SL1024_.jpg (1024x962, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parts-express.com/aurasound-ast-2b-4-pro-bass-shaker-tactile-transducer--299-028
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Niggers gonna nig and steal your shit, so don’t put too much money into it.

nah dude
depends what kind of area you live in

Usually size and wattage are what you should look at, bigger usually is louder. But remember that lower priced ones break faster

>way of determining which sub-woofer to get
Set a budget, first.
TS parameters, distortion sweeps, Klippel curves.
Check the size of the driver frame, accomodate for pressure differences in the closed car("cabin gain"). Set some target SPL and bass extension here. Vented or sealed?
If you set the sub point low enough(80-100Hz, 4th order), then all you really need is a big dumb air pusher. Crossing it over higher makes factors other than driver excursion matter.

>mibba bass memes
Get a sane component speaker system with a proper fiber door pod first.

I have a car with 3000 wat in my two subs. (Not very much and is not conpleted yet) but dont buy a amp that is overpriced you can get good bass with just 700-800 Max watt amp. Dont run youre bass on to high power. Have a good grund and look on how much youre generator can handel so the amp dont clipp (To low power for the amp)
How big is the car?
I hade a very small car and just putted a 300 watt sub and two 3way 6,9 with 300W each and it sounded really good. Hade two 160W 2ways in the front Doors.
PRO-tip dont have more base then the rest of the system;)

this

Nice bro

The enclosure is more important than the woofer itself.
The size of the magnet on the woofer means fuck all. It's a trick old as dirt to attach a bigger magnet that does nothing to sell a $50 woofer for $75.
Do like . Find one with good reviews in your price range. Check the T/S specs and design & build a proper enclosure for it.
Find an amplifier that fits. Don't pair a 1200 watt amplifier with a 200 watt sub. Neither should you pair a 200 watt amp with a 1200 watt sub. This becomes irrelevant as you get more competent and experienced but right now you are neither.
Bass is just the low end extension of music. Try to set it as such and avoid sounding like a nigger driving down the road with your trunk rattling.
I haven't been in the hobby for a few years but I do remember a lot of the brands I liked. As I look them up one by one a lot of them have fallen into gimmicks, chrome, and putting tits on their web pages. Other have gone belly up. I suppose I could recommend Pioneer as the pleb's choice for all things car audio along with Dayton Audio. Beyond that it's all 100% subjective.

What's the car it's going in, and what's your budget?

How will they steal it if they can't even see it. As long as you don't put it in your trunk for every passerby to see along with your 7-inch Android touchscreen media center nobody will care.

>t. wigger that you see/hear at the stoplight bumping Eminem in their riced out Honda Civic with the vibrating trunk that be like BRRRRRRRR BRRRFRRRRR BRRRRRRR
Lmao at your life

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_hqdefault(1).jpg (480x360, 18K)

Image Dynamics IDMAX12 V.4 D4 (or a V.3 if you can find one).
I prefer a sealed enclosure for more accurate performance (~1cu/ft). Wire it in parallel so the amp feeds at 2ohms. Obv you'll need an appropriate amp to match, I was running a Sound Qubed Q1-1200.2 which was more than enough and made for an excellent combination.

They hear it ya doofus.

And they'll remember your license plate so next time you park it there they'll jack your shit? Alternatively don't crank your system when you drive through the ghetto. As a general rule of thumb if they can't hear their boomboxes it's too loud.

t. faggot with no drivers license that has has mom drive him around

2009 Pontiac g6. I'm thinking about 400-500 bucks for everything.

Dont listen to any of the faggots above. The only word you need to know about bass is RMS. Everything else beside the RMS rating of a sub or amp is the marketing jew memeing you op. Every product not stating their RMS on the actual product goes into the trash. I had 2 10's rated at 500 RMS and they were good.

All you need is a 1000 RMS amp and 2 500 RMS subs

If you need more than that then go to a sound competition, faggot.

Um no sweetie. Your wrong. I am the 28 year old prick in the jacked up coal rolling diesel pickup truck that fills your car with soot while sitting at the stoplight.

Attached: coal.gif (320x180, 825K)

Go to car toys and listen to them, then buy it online

Unless you want everything rattling in a years time, consider bass shakers.

parts-express.com/aurasound-ast-2b-4-pro-bass-shaker-tactile-transducer--299-028

crossover @ 50hz, give or take 10hz on preference. upgrade mids/amplifiers.

>t. PajeetProTips
Why don't you try learning English?

Huh this is an actual thing, my mates that have subs don't play it in the areas they live/work or when they're going to park soon.

I have the one in your pic, P3D412, running by itself in a mediocre premade enclosure with the rockford fosgate r500x1d

shit gets super loud if you have the subwoofer positioned correctly, in my case the enclosure is in the front of the trunk (by the license plate) and its firing towards the license plate (yes, away from the driver) in a sedan this is probably your best bet for the most bass as odd as it sounds, I used to have it opposite (closer to driver, firing towards driver) and there was way less bass.

you could probably get similar bass for less money or you could get pic related and get insane bass with one 12

Attached: QwQwRB[1].png (1367x413, 99K)

what's it like to have the mental age of a 13-year-old?

the reason you can't find sensible discussion is because it's not sensible to put a 12" sub in a car
what are you doing? throwing a party for clowns?

This. I got two budget 12 inch subs in my apartment, roughly about ten 4 door car cabins worth of space.
Without even pushing them hard, I can make all the closed doors sing in the door jam's. Had the add foam strips.

buy whatever sub you want, it's gonna rattle every fucking thing in the car and make it sound like shit anyways

Pretty good. What's it like being a faggot?

>Skar Audio
Scammy overpriced chink shit run by a douche. Avoid at all costs.

t. drives mom's suv

Yeah no. I have a friend who has a 12 inch sub in his car and it sounds great. I dont know where you're getting this bullshit from

I bet it does sound great, at 5% of its total potential output. Subs in a car, are a meme.
Get better mids. And if you want more tactile feedback, add bass shakers.
People almost always have absolute shit tier speakers/enclosures, overcompensate with subs, and set way too high xover.

When any street rat can shove a random sub into their 1980s shitbox and have a moving earthquake generator there's no reason not to. Good systems are rare but that's because nobody have even heard of them.

It's pritty simpel if you have a brain, i have trouble learning new stuff and and trying is the best way to learn.

Check if the Box fits before you buy, i recomending something like 300-400W in base and test the directions until you find the best possision that are the best. I think that if you face the sub forward you will get the best experience.
And as the others hade said check the price and comments.
I heard alot of shit talk when i bought my Andersson sub until they heard it.

you've got that backwards

>Good systems are rare but that's because nobody have even heard of them.
It would be more appropriate to say good systems exist but are rarely heard. Anyone with a brain isn't going to throw expensive audio equipment in a car only to wrongly set the amps and constantly advertise themselves as a theft target while damaging their hearing.

Alternatively people with expensive audio equipment have it at home because how much do you have to drive to actually have it be worth the thousands you paid?

That's subjective. Someone driving 20 minutes a day might find it worth every penny.

I have two 10" Kickers in a sealed box in my truck driven by a 500w amp and I have rode in friends vehicles that have had all sorts of arangments from a single 10" to three 15"s and I think I have the sweet spot. Their good for a while range of music from rock to EDM having very little reverb for when you need it to be crisp and still packing a hard punch when you just want to role play as a pavment ape or someone who goes to parties. Also for refrence I drive a 96 Ram 2500 almost always with the windows down because no A/C and they have no problem filling the cab.

You have a sweet spot for your ears. In your specific vehicle with it's specific level of automotive decay. With your specific head unit, amplifier, musical tastes, and vehicular use case. Wonderful. None of this applies to anyone's needs but yours dumbass.