Windows is trash

>windows is trash
>the only alternative is a more complex unintuitive os neets brainwash themselves into liking with less software support
Why is there no competitor to windows by now?

Attached: 1527804565796.jpg (465x473, 142K)

There is, it's called OSX :^)

There is, it's called Linux :^)

>less software support
>software support
>support

Attached: 4822a0f0b8c72computer_20era012.jpg (693x513, 175K)

>a more complex unintuitive os
projecting your inability to read or google a fucking anything is a pretty shitty way to start a thread OP

ITT winpajeets too retarded to learn something new

Attached: 1527722662335.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>want to install something or play a game
>oops only available for windows :^)
Why would I hinder myself? I'd rather put up with the familiar bullshit of Windows than gimp myself and pretend it's better as I cry myself to sleep every night

Fat neets btfo

Attached: 1528350355136.png (327x316, 219K)

Anal demolition

Attached: 1528426330397.jpg (586x580, 470K)

fat acceptance denied

Attached: 1528347908864.png (748x756, 168K)

Just because it doesn't fit your needs doesn't make it bad you faggot. I don't care what you use. I have a problem with wintoddlers like you crying when something new hurts your tiny brain.

I'm sure you flew out of your mom's vag knowing every single intricacy of Windows, right?

There is a reason most people don't use linux
>having to jump through arbitrary hoops to do stuff
>relying on open source amature versions of windows compatible software

It's a fucking OS, I should be able to just use it and shit should work. Switching to Linux makes sense in certain situations, but for most people it's a hindrance and I bet most of you gave in to the meme to feel special about something. Good luck playing games or installing shit without using the depository. Linux has no real use for the average joe or a user who relies on windows compatible software. Linux will forever be a niche defended by people like you out of desparation.

Google is developing an OS called fuchsia

>Depository
Repository, dipshit. And package management in Windows is god fucking awful and I'm frankly disgusted you defended it.
Linux works better than windows like 95% of the time. Most normalfags (like you) would be fine if m-muh games supported it.

>answering to paid shills

Attached: 1492314139084.jpg (235x205, 8K)

SEETHING

Problem is neets use they’re computer for the OS, and normies use their computer for the software. And all software runs on Windows.

Could change tho with Fucshia release and Windows pushing UWP.

>Linux works better than windows like 95% of the time.
That might have been true, since Windows used to shit itself regularly, especially before consumers got NT kernel, but it's not anymore. I use Linux at work and the issues I had to solve so far:
>after updating kernel, headphones stopped being detected
>screen lock would become unresponsive after ~30 minutes
>sometimes it's impossible to wake up after suspending system
>KDE being KDE
Of course I fixed all these problems, but it was a huge waste of time every time.
Meanwhile I haven't had any problems on my Windows PC in past few years.
I'm pretty sure it would be much easier to make Windows more developer friendly than to make Linux not a timesink OS, though Windows not being open source certainly makes is harder than it could have been.

yeah tell me when your windows gets a decent UI or even fucking sed.

Microsoft literally forbid selling other operating systems to OEMs.
We could had usable Haiku if, for example, BeOS thrived and moved software development in the 90's.

Give me one (1) reason to stop using XP.
It's blazing fast.

Attached: best os.png (1334x775, 245K)

granted, i am not an "average user"... but i have not had a single problem that wasn't entirely my fault using Linux in at least 10 years. Literally, not a single time.

wanting to use software from this century ;)

Do you like your house full of holes you know will not be patched?

Honestly, if I couldn't use Debian like I do now, the only reasonable option would be Windows XP. At least it's not a complete botnet, compared to the later versions of Windows.

Why you're so bad with computers, user?
Don't tell me you spent 80% of the time playing video games and other 20 masturbating...

Attached: yep.jpg (680x543, 39K)

even for masturbating i'd use linux, smaller chance of getting malware while browsing pr0n xD

yep, no way I'd trust windows for that degenerate shit I watch

>not using disppsable qubes OS with tor browser to masturbate

Attached: 1517879354536.png (661x688, 699K)

>that wasn't entirely my fault
Sure, you could say that iptables not working after kernel update is your fault because you should have known to restart your PC or reload some modules, and you could say that KDE being buggy is your fault because you could have installed something else instead.
But this is not a sane approach.

>(1) reason to stop using XP.
4gb ram limit

it just works

so people used to think Apple was safe because they were such a small portion of the market it didnt make sense to make viruses for them.

could the same be true of aging operating systems? after sometime the number of viruses and exploits deployed around the internet targeting your operating system goes down as it becomes a minority amongst newer iterations.

I wonder how many Windows fanatics in this thread have actual real world experience in IT.
>muh games
ah, now I get it.

>be an old, obese, jaded and bitter poster on Jow Forums
>have literally never had a discussion where you didn't agressively sperg out with your tech knowledge
>hate every second of existing
>cry yourself to sleep every night as you dellude yourself into believing that your os is vastly superior
>your linux server machine whirrs in disappointment
>another 8 hours wasted fixing a problem

>can't connect to
>reboot
>reboot
>reboot

Install gentoo or openBSD

You must be a brainlet, if you truly think that Windows is less complex than GNU/Linux or *BSD. And GNU+Linux and *BSD wont force you to do things in a particular way, instead you can customize the OS to work as you want it to (Windows forces YOU to adapt to way it works) If you don't need muh games, then the GNU system is a viable option (Also, OP, Linux isn't an operating system; it's just the kernel you fucking CIA MONKEY)

Attached: 1496474639143.jpg (1000x800, 140K)

What if I just want to be a consumer and have a good OS? Why are IT people so full of themselves. Is your knowledge in the field the only thing you have going on in your life? I am not even an average user, but the choice is either dealing with Windows but having access to everything, or joining an elite fedora tipping community and pretend I am special while I have to use open source garbage alternatives. I edit video, use music software, play games, record and more. I will deal with Windows as long as I don't have to deal with your shit that has little benefit for me. Go suck on a fat chode.

What exactly does windows force me to do? Even my grandma can use it. Stop delluding yourself. Go for a run, excercise will produce positive chemicals in your brain.

So you can't even read. Pls user's grandma, tell user that she must learn to do things the Windows way and she must like it because there aren't any alternatives on Windows.

>why won’t you let me join your sekrit club! its not fair !!!! why won’t you validate my lakck of intellgence!!!
look newfriend, nobody cares if you use windows and are too ignorant to use a serious os, most people are like that after all, but why are you comping to a technology board, full of people with an interest in IT and autistically ranting about elitism, go back to /v/ or whatever hole you crawled out of and stop worrying about Jow Forumss ridicule. Remember, many people enjoy being controlled, they are enjoy following orders, they enjoy cuckoldry, and there’s nothing wrong with that, and there is no point in feeding your insecurities by comping yourself with better men

>Capitalist model of society
>Producing varied innovation
>Instead of hundreds of copycat products
loving every laugh OP

Why use a remote detonator for an s-vest? That's retarded

ubuntu or linux mint is FAR better for older people, my grandmothers laptop kept shitting the bed with windows, updates failing etc. Plus it was harder to diagnose problems. Ubuntu stable and teamviewer were installed and there hasn’t been a problem since, she literally cannot install adware/malware on it and its easy to remote in and fix everything if she somehow does. And its free.

>t. eezeelinux subscriber
Most issues anyone can solve by a bit of searching.
People choose to be ignorant.
Because they want everything to be put on their plate.
Just use what works for you. Is this that hard to understand? Stop converting people to linux, unless this is your job.

p.s. your video about linux elitists was gay. I've seen better.

>unintuitive
it actually is a lot more intuitive once you understand the basics about operating systems

it is merely that you have become acquainted to clicking coloured windows in your moms basement

>flew out of your mom's vag
max kek

Attached: 1528328937874.jpg (680x509, 30K)

If you're even too dumb for Linux, you're supposed to use Android.

No, not Windows. Android.

That's our plan for dumb people who can't sysadmin for shit. It's for your own good as well as ours.