Cross-platform text editor

currently looking for a cross-platform text editor
suggestions?

Attached: images.png (310x163, 4K)

Vim

emacs. and if you like vim... emacs with evil mode(e.g. spacemacs).

Google Docs.

Kakoune

Emacs unironically.
Use it at work, people are amazed at my org file.

eMac

so user how did you decided to start programming?
>I always knew that I want to learn programming, actualy since I was 7 years old. I decided to go with C++ but I've had to spent next 7 years looking for the best text editor before learning.
wow only 7 years. you are so talented user

fpbp

Vs code
And only vscode

Attached: 20151103_000556.png (1600x2414, 495K)

Vim for the terminal and sublime 3 for gui
>electron

Emacs

>sublime
Enjoy ur botnet

Sublime for me

Geany

pen and paper

In the 3 years I used sublime it didn't make a single connection to the Internet while the package manager wasn't installing something

fpbp

I think the tinfoil you are replying to implies that the author of sublime is an ex-google engineer thus botnet.

Imagine you find out the program you love was written in sublime text.

people who started using emacs 40 years ago are still using it. emacs is available everywhere.

these.

gvim
or vim + putty
or kakoune + putty

Attached: I_know_I_am_being_a_shill.png (262x262, 38K)

Geany

Unironically VS Code

Textadept

Attached: 1524794136153.jpg (1504x2124, 501K)

emacs, emacs, emacs

Do people actually use emacs and vim or is this a meme? This isn't the 80s anymore.

I guess faggots still believe that not using the mouse makes them more efficient

for system configuration it works just fine, but actually developing software that people would actually use today is completely impractical from older editors, if you're enough of a sperg, maybe your install of emacs can work for you, but everyone will still think you're autistic as fuck

4coder exists, and it shows promise.
It isn't open-source though.

VS Code is like Atom, but without the autism.

I'm trying to learn vim. It's alright, kind of cool. It seems I can throw in enough plugins to be comfortable.

Install GNU Emacs

I use GNU Emacs daily. It's just so comfy. It has world class docs and extensions. Just try it. Obtain a copy it and type Control-h t

Attached: wtfplstrip.jpg (1200x1500, 309K)

I use notepad++ because I don't like Atom's search and replace function.

But I guess that's not cross plat, unless you wine it.

Light Table

Attached: 1525890627004.png (767x750, 189K)

>not writing your own text editor and instead rely on other people making decisions for you

Attached: 1518051344427.jpg (300x384, 57K)

Epic reddit meme friend :-)

Summerfags fuck off.

>putty
this is bait right?

A couple colleagues use an IDE, but the vast majority go for a text editor, vim and emacs being the most popular.
I also know a lot of people in the software industry (whethher from the internetz or conferences/meetups) that use emacs daily.
Only shills, and devs who never used anything else besides VS or INTELIJ will tell you that it is a meme. Maybe we could generalize this to microcusk and Mactoddlers.

This is exactly me, minus the inferiority complex (the need to feel superior stays tho).

vim

Nice denial, summerfag.

Nice bait, Reddit

Summer is still two weeks from now.

>how does the school schedule work
No kids manchild detected.

Attached: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Emacs, of course

fpbp

Try all the major ones - go through the entire workflow.
Atom, sublime, vscode. I went from emacs to trying all 3 because i no longer wanted to be autustic. I stuck with vscode

It's over, Microsoft won.

Attached: Bill-Gates.jpg (1500x1000, 162K)

very funny exdeeee

ato- oh wait
VS code
>electron based
>telemetry
sublime
>feels good
>dont want to use shared keys cuz i am too lazy to change the key when they take them down

i use a graphical text editor and very rarely use the mouse either, using keyboard shortcuts is actually faster than moving my hand to the mouse and clicking in stuff

stupid reply to stupid thread

idk i dont use ssh

fpbp

fpbp

Latex is unironically god-send
wtf are u talking about

vim

I use atom

vscode

>popular and elegant pieces of software that have been around for years and passed the test of time
>durr inferiority complex