Why are Casio calculators so fucking ugly?

Why are Casio calculators so fucking ugly?

Attached: 8698102a-a009-442b-b644-ffb203723037.jpg (1280x959, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uLTDuGhqE2w?t=8m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you care what a calculator looks like? It's a tool. That's like asking why a hammer's ugly.

I dunno but they are horrible looking. They have no value for resale and the ugly looks are more then likely what is at issue. Not even vintage ones look good or have value. The real question is who is buying them new when Texas Instruments offers better aesthetics and usefulness?

>t. Harbor Freight customer
Why even spend money on a hammer when you could just use a rock?

I like the Casio design more tho

Attached: 1528439520735.jpg (509x289, 17K)

>not caring about looks = not caring about quality
Found the retard.

The modern design is fine.

Attached: casio-fx-991ex.png (1550x1900, 755K)

√2
then

post results

Looks fine to me. The HP is actually bothering me more.

> They have no value for resale
No shit? As far as I can tell, everyone in the west has a basic bitch calculator from school already, plus a smartphone, a computer and more.

IBM managed to marry form and function in their best years.
Thats no an excuse.

Are you implying rocks aren't quality made? This has to be bait. Rocks are literally made by God you heathen.

Texas Instruments have high demand and carry a good resale value on the used market. Around the clock and around the world some student somewhere needs a graphing calculator for one reason or another. When they go to buy they almost always go Texas Instruments.

It looks nicer than the old ones, but the weird texture they put on the surface is fucking horrible.

I think TI managed to get sales representatives in way too many schools.

And resale value of the school TI I had doesn't seem to be all that high. I think it cost like $35 back when, and it'd sell for like $10-15. Doesn't seem worth bothering with and buying a $15 Casio from the start would have been cheaper.

Attached: photo5823365918800063816.jpg (1280x959, 240K)

I'm terribly sorry, I meant √2 *√2.
I will stop posting immediately.

Attached: 1508006213339.jpg (267x181, 11K)

Because casio is function over form. If you want form over function, then you can buy apple products

>Why are Casio calculators so fucking ugly?
...then marry a different calculator

Hey! Look at this beautiful hammer..

.. also on topic: It is ugly cause the OS in it is great. Users dont complain, Casio sucks at hardware design, but they still got the most intuitive scientific calc. ... its like the geany of editors int the calculator world... not pretty, but damn useful..

sure if you can learn VIM you can learn a TI calc tho.. they you just progressed to a new level (up or down?)

Attached: 2-lb-900g-Blacksmiths-rounding-hammer-hand-forged.jpg (400x306, 13K)

Attached: photo5823365918800063819.jpg (1280x959, 218K)

Nice. Bad ones will say 1.999999998 instead.

Attached: 1508006320675.jpg (480x480, 27K)

same with thinkpads

Attached: IMG_20180608_203229.jpg (720x1280, 242K)

It really lacks SHOCK RESIST WATER RESIST PROTECTION ILLUMINATOR TOUGH SOLAR plastered all over it.

>using one-line display screen
pajeet

who cares it's a fucking calculator

They're not bad, they just don't have hidden digits beyond what the display can show.

kek

iCalculator 8's Keynote : We're pround to announce : "Multiplications!"

>doesn't even have a modulus button

What's the point of these piece of crap "scientific" nonsense

Spot the basedboy consumerist 101. They are a tool, it doesn't matter how they look.

You spelled 'robust' wrong.
I've seen broken HPs, TI, Sharps. I've never seen a broken Casio.

>Caring about a fucking calculator design

>I think TI managed to get sales representatives in way too many schools.
This. My states school ministry and some TI site are in the same city. Coincidence? I think not.

I bought that casio calculator 15 years ago and it still works what sorcery is this?

use Decimals
It's one of the very few non-shit features in Python.

underrated comment
And while you are at it, it also lacks 9/11 written on the display.

Master race scientific calculator coming through.

Attached: IMG_20180608_121823.jpg (2048x2730, 1.76M)

>300ES PLUS
>using a gimped version of the 115ES PLUS

pleb

Real master race coming through

Attached: DSC_0110.jpg (3095x5968, 2.86M)

>python

Attached: python root.png (626x218, 12K)

This. When I ended up needing a graphing calculator for uni I picked the CG-50 because it's solid as hell even if it looks like a toy. Didn't even miss the CAS since there's an Eigenmath port available, albeit buggy. It can even be overclocked through software, which is quite handy for when you need to throw out a bunch of graphs at once.

Attached: 1528482848970.jpg (500x500, 51K)

That looks ugly

Pretty interesting that HP pretty much cloned the layout

>calculators can be overclocked
The more you know...

Ya, that's not exactly suble.
Maybe they got their hands on some old Casio chips.

Attached: 1528483988705.jpg (1040x780, 435K)

Look at this and your questions will be answered.

It's literally a Casio fx300ms with a better design.

Attached: photo5821114118986378784.jpg (1280x959, 143K)

Only in the US, everywhere else people use the Casio's or chinkshit clones, if they want to spend money they use HP or TI if they're retards, most people just skip the graphing calcs and use their smartphone or computers like most sane people

Both of those have two lines

I want one now

Not just that, the rounded metal surface makes it unfunctional.

I've got a graphing calculator with a stylus but more or less broke it when I "upgraded" it with LEDs to make it have backlighting.
The backlighting looks like shit and the fucking switch became loose.
Might revisit this mod because it's basically a pretty based calculator.

Pretty cool that its a licensed model

Which brings me to this question: Why don't calculators have backlighting? It's 2018 after all.
Ever sat at a desk at night with just a desk lamp? These simple LCD screens are extremely hard to read if you don't shine the light into it in a certain angle. The only new one I found with a backlight was fucking 100€ and not even that impressive.

its a calculator not a toy for gays

>When I ended up needing a graphing calculator for uni

Wut? Why would you ever need a graphing calculator for university?

To graph functions

To brag

import matplotlib

they're cheap and reliable

Attached: IMG_20180604_143343.jpg (2340x4160, 3.25M)

> Using a laptop in a test.
Motherfucker they've made me compute splines by hand, fuck off with that gay CS shit.

I like how they swapped the locations of the clear and delete buttons so it's not a complete ripoff. That said the HP we once knew is long gone.

This guy knows.

>needing to graph on a test

lel

Even the stock calculator on my phone gives 2 as an answer

They're modelled after your mum

> Never taking a physics course of any kind and setting yourself to be a code monkey forever.
Okay bro.

I majored in physics, never had to graph anything.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: IMG_20180608_153449.jpg (3120x4160, 1.77M)

Nerds like ugly design because it helps reinforce their "muh functionality" fetishism

Well neither have I beyond the earliest calculus courses. The main use we give them where I am is solving large equation systems involving complex numbers and finding numerical solutions to differential and nonlinear equations.
t. EE student

>wine and dine school officials to provide only TI calculators in schools
>wine and dine math book publishers to provide TI instructions right in the teaching material
>get all the TI calculators on the very shortlist of allowable calculators for state testing, ACT, SATs, etc.
>teachers outright tell kids to buy TI calcs
and so TI has no reason to ever drop prices, even on their 30 year old models, they would see no benefit, since their products have guaranteed sales
If you're not retarded, you'll buy a cheap casio or HP graphing calc for your courses and learn to use it correctly.
I just wish HP still made the hp49/hp50 series.

Attached: Hp50.png (320x661, 379K)

>settling for being a shit tier lab monkey the rest of your life rather than being a chad tier brogrammer

sick meme dude

>unironically using the term brogrammer
Silicon Valley pls go

What kind of brainlet needs instructions to use a calculator?

Sharp looks a little better imho.

Attached: 71q661Pc0eL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 30K)

I think they're the only ones left who go for the double-width enter key. The only other modern calculator that does that is the HP prime.
And no, 12C doesn't count.

I have the old design, it's always been my favorite layout.
Maybe if I bought a casio first I would like the casio more but whatever.
Automatic fraction conversion is such a nice feature, the only HP i have with that feature cost me $50, these are $10.

Picked this thing up 12 years ago NIB at a thrift store for no more than $5 and it works to this day.

Attached: IMG_20180608_1415206.jpg (2704x4056, 3.64M)

Casio is unbreakeable, how can other compete?
This is from 1993 and I still use it.

Attached: 20180608_181409-1.jpg (1353x2282, 2.08M)

They're both Casio deisgns...

Both have the same circuit board underneath.
HP completely let their desktop calculator heritage go to waste when all the smart people got spun off of HP inc and it remained as a low end computer and printer company.

Their low-end calcs are rebranded casios, they discontinued both the hp35s and hp50g and now all they have left is the HP prime, which is an overpriced student's toy and not made for engineers at all.

The era of engineers using dedicated calculators has long passed. Now it's either a four-banger on a smartphone or MATLAB for real math.

shit like this:
youtu.be/uLTDuGhqE2w?t=8m34s

I like the casio more then others because no matter how many times I drop it it always works

This exchange made me finally understand TempleOS

Attached: 1526602752369b.jpg (350x350, 69K)

Cuz' we don't want burger calculators

I got that fx 82 and you should shut your whore mouth.
She's a good girl and deserves to have her smile protected.

>35s
That was the ThinkPad 25 of HP calculators. "Retro" design but horrible usability, the biggest flaw being the screen showing more numbers than could fit so you had to use the arrow keys to scroll the output. The 33s looked like shit but at least it didn't have these flaws its supposed successor have.

>he thinks you need a cs degree to be a code monkey

kek

> comparing a 15+ years old Casio model to a shitty HP new one.

Attached: 1524523298270.png (584x449, 130K)

t. CIA nigger

The HP is a rebadged casio
see

Holy fuck user, read the manual the next time: you can change that configuration.

The HP35s is one of my favorite RPN calcs.

Goddamn faux-carbon fiber calculators. The future is fucking weird as hell.

3D print a new shell if you're that autistic

Or buy a calculator that doesn't look like shit.

>form over function

spotted the faggot