Best air CPU coolers out there

IMO it's the hyper 212 evo. I paid 30 US for it when I got it, and my system idles at 19C. It flirts with 42C at full load. I only OC about 6%, granted, and I'm using AC5 and smoothed out the surfaces a bit, but holy mother of fuck. You know the goodfeelz you get when you have a new toy? It doesn't go away. I'm tempted to push my system to its screaming point, but it's just been so nice to me that I haven't gotten around to it..

Tag, you're it.

Attached: 212evo.jpg (480x314, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MSE3M3W/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ryzen 1600
OC to 3.9GHz
Stock cooler
Max temp = 78C

CPUs should be able to handle up to 105C.

Should I get the 212X or 212 Evo?

For the cheap end I like Arctic Freezer 33.

I've been kinda tempted to get the Dark Rock 4 though.

Attached: freezer_33_g00.jpg (1200x1200, 375K)

I've heard the 212X has some holes in the aluminium blades that kinda coax the airflow a bit, claiming more efficiency but it's probably a couple degrees difference maximum. They're virtually identical.

>praising this mediocre price/perf cheap shit
Fuck off.
For air coolers it's D15 or nothing.

The tension setting mechanism on the 212 is shit.

The Noctua NH-U14S. A lot smaller and cheaper than the NH-D15, yet only runs a few degrees hotter (less if you install a second fan on it). Been using mine for four years now across a bunch of different CPUs. Just got done installing it on a 2700X.

Attached: PIPED.jpg (800x800, 121K)

yeah, the CPU I went with wasn't top of the line when I got it, and now it's begging a better one. I'll probably go full retard on my current CPU for the fun of it and then upgrade.

it never gave me issues.. do you just not like the idea of needing to screw/unscrew every time you wanna play around?

Question: Can I expect this size of cooler to fit a shitty cheap case like this one?
smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MSE3M3W/
I never see my case so I want to spend as little as possible on it without needing to worry about whether stuff will fit. Cheap cases don't really give proper measurements so I don't know how to check.

I use a 212 evo on my e5450 and if I kept it stock I'd probably get around below 40 in the summer I guess but at 4ghz I'm getting around 50 idle in the summer and around 70ish maybe higher at full load

>my system idles at 19C
I call bullshit, your temps are read wrong or you're lying. If this were mid-winter then sure. But right now it's 29C outside and 26C inside and this is a relatively speaking cold area.

19C isn't impossible, though, went on a vacation in December and left my home server running but turned down the heat and CPU temperature was something like 18-19C when I ssh'd in after a few days.

Difficult to say really, but it should probably fit. My case is 232mm wide and accomodates it easily. The one on Amazon is apparently 206mm wide, which is less than 3cm difference. The cooler itself is 165mm. The safest way to go about it would be to buy the case and do your own measurements, then buy a cooler to fit them.

>It's 29c out!!!!!!11!
Lol maybe op doesn't live in the same area as you retard
Maybe op can afford AC to keep the inside of his house colder than the outdoor temps, maybe op doesn't keep his house at the same AC setting as you, 26°c isn't a standard

is this poorfa/g/eneral?

>212 Evo
It's like the Arctic Silver 5. Fantastic when it came out, hell it's still good today, but things have improved and moved on since then. Pic related does the same temps while being quieter, smaller, and having a better mounting system.

Attached: CRYORIG M9i-1-500x500.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Here's a question: best cooler for threadripper socket but with the caveat that it has to blow air to the rear of the case. most of the ones i'm seeing are blowing air up and down the case.

>having to tear down your entire computer just to repaste

>being a 19 year-old boomer that can't tear down his computer easily

>CRYORIG H7
I can vouch for this cooler. I have it and I love it.

this

The H7 is twice the price of the 212 Evo. That pic shows an M9I.

Would it be sensible to buy an M9I for an 8700K that I intend to keep at stock or only a mild OC?

Noctua U9.

Overclocking fags can get an other Noctua.

You can now close this thread. Goodbye.

>That pic shows an M9I
Damn I didn't notice. These coolers all look the same now. What's the difference between the M9I and H7?

For like $15-20 more, you can get a Fuma instead, which is a Noctua-lite, and is more than enough for a non-delidded 4790k

Attached: 71dPLR1rByL._SX425_.jpg (425x420, 37K)

D15 is within 5 degrees of a 115i pro for my 2700x under load for 100usd lol aio fags btfo

>Air cooler

Attached: 1528283458573.jpg (711x457, 61K)