Laptop reccs

I've spent more than a month without a laptop due to Lenovo's "goodwill" and excuse-making.

I'mma need a new laptop, preferably by Dell, no fucking Lenovos.

Budget: $1000
>mostly used for image editing/PS
>Boot SSD
>Decent display
>15"

Attached: IMG_20180608_162456.jpg (693x143, 27K)

B...but rossman told me lenovo was great!

System76 Galago Pro

You gotta get them to send you the parts. I have never had an issue with them sending the parts to me and replacing them myself. Motherboards, SSDs, screens, keyboards, its pretty easy.

Call your credit card company. Shit will start to happen, fast. Did this when amazon were fucking me over.

Used Thin^h^h^h^hLatitude. Brand new one if you can find one you like.

Don't go with dell, they're all shit. Try HP

dell quality control is shit
I just went through 2 XPS'

honestly I'm stuck in the same boat you are. Laptop market sucks right now

>Try HP
The blue tipped barrel plugs on their chargers are flimsy as hell. the centre post is too easy to bend. Even if you're good about such things yourself, some clumsy friend or whatever will surely ruin it. Easy to bend back, but sometimes they break off. A new 30-40 dollar charger is better than having to fuck around with laptop repairs tho.

It's the parts they don't have, else I would've done it myself.
Because of that delay I'm left without the laptop till around October, if they repair it by then
HP is far, far worse than Dell

I can confirm that the XPS are kinda shit. I have a 9360 developer edition, and the trackpad stops working when there is pressure in the wrong place on the bottom, the keyboard sucks and occasionally double-taps, and they stopped pushing out firmware updates and drivers because their specialized Ubuntu repositories died and I had to swap them out with the standard Xenial ones.
>It's the parts they don't have
What laptop is it? Is it a thinkpad? I have never heard of them "not having" parts.

To follow up on this, the XPS isn't all bad. The battery life is awesome, the screen is pretty damn good, and it stays cool and does the kind of stuff I need to get done on it.

/p/hotographer here

I recently copped an older i7 quad E6520 with 16gb RAM and 1tb drive, it handles PS and LR just fine, would be better with an SSD and the 1080p panel.

LR and Ps aren't really CPU-intensive programs so all you need is something with a lot of memory, 4 cores and a good screen and you can get that for half of your budget, hell I could do that for 250 with this rig

save your money for glass

Should have gotten premier support

I thought you Jizzpad owners got decent service. I guess it's hard without physical shops.

this isnt reddit, you cant superscript here

^h deletes backwards, dumbass. Similar to backspace.

lol vim user gtfo

nano 4 lyf

xps 15
depending on your needs. assuming you need dell i mean.

>shit battery
>shit keyboard
>not good trackpad
>shit reliability
why tho

What should i get with 700 buckos? im a wageslave who uses office and occasionally open 20+ tabs on chrome, no bully pls.

Attached: aspect job.png (411x119, 56K)

False
Lenovo makes great computers, that does not make Lenovo great.
The point of reliable laptops like Thinkpads is that you rarely if ever need to deal with customer support. Problems only ever arise when you need to deal with Lenovo because their "customer support" is worse than garbage.
Dell has better customer support but their machines are less reliable.