Be me

>be me
>have a dad working in tech who makes a lot of money
>growing up dad always told me the importance of getting your degree
>I get my bachelor's with 60k in debt and get a shitty low paying help desk job
>feels bad man
>ask my father what his actual degree is (I always assumed he had a BA in CS so I never bothered to ask before)
>he tells me he got about 30 credits but never finished his degree
Wtf dad?!?
God fucking damn it!

Attached: 20180608_104114.jpg (1898x2274, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9bQwdqy-nbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

college is a lie

debt is the worst of all memes

t. debtian

Degrees are memes unless you get a doctors degree, even then you'll be so far in debt the bank will take your shit.

I believe that the best way to get through this life is killing yourself when you're 30 or so.

Damn. I could be the dad in this story, 'cept i earned a mere 3 credits.

If course, two of my kids are engineers, and one is an econ analyst, so maybe you just aren't bright or earned a liberal arts degree or something.

And, to be fair, i paid for all of my kids schooling (or they had scholarships), but that $150k+ debt means little to me, whereas it would have crushed them.

Your a brainlet if you go into debt for college. Scholarships should pay for your bachelors and the university should be paying you for research towards a graduate degree or TAing. If you can't manage that don't go to college. Simple as that.

Welcome to the based boomers, my friend!
My father earned as much as your usual civic engineer - but he just went to school for 10 years and didnt go to college.
I went to school for 13 years (needed if you wanna go to uni in germany) and know, after 18 years of "education" I'm close to having my Masters degree. So my father could start working in the same field 8 years earlier.
When he was as old as me, he already had a Mercedes S class. I dont even have a bike. Not even kidding.
But yeah, we millenials are spoiled by having bus tickets n shit.

Attached: e.jpg (480x480, 27K)

>Your

>get engineering degree
>Get placed in a job position with the rest of the simple education fags
Is this what a degree gets you in life?

Nice LARPing you retarded faggot

>spent 9 years in college
>bs and phd in ME
>only manage to get a shit job that pays 80k/year
>work alongside people with associates degrees
fuck college and engineering.

I'm 70k in debt, but I have a good paying job and it'll only get better, without that debt I would have never been able to get this job though. So on the one hand I Have friends that are debt free but make shit money meanwhile I have debt but make good money I'll take that any day, especially as it will grow and grow

BOOMERED

You did it wrong.
>Be me
>No college degree
> Start entry level tech support gig
> Learn the company's systems
>Rub elbows, learn company culture
>Study different job related shit. Centos, clustering, MySQL, etc.
>Become Jr. System Admin in 2 years
>Keep learning shit.
>Jump from $12hr to 60k salary
>Company now pays for relevant classes and certs

No school debt, only real debt is the 6k I owe left on my car.

>i assumed something and got myself in debt because of it
Great job user

Yeah, but I bet when he got his job, he had a killer portfolio using all the latest javascript frameworks, and a github account with plenty of daily contributions.

youtube.com/watch?v=9bQwdqy-nbM

Jow Forums is assuming central

>getting a degree without a full scholarship
Brainlet?

jejjjjjjjjjjjj kukked by your own father!

I ended up getting a master's degree in engineering. I got paid to TA and work on my thesis/perform research.

What about everyone else that goes to college? We can't all be engineers-- hell, we can't all TA; most colleges only have a few of those positions open. If only people who TA'd went to college, all colleges would be bankrupt. The system only exists because people participate in it.

*Masters

Most of that stuff isn't paid for by the university directly. Most research funding comes from the government. Most all of the money the college makes doesn't go into education anyway. In this day and age you shouldn't bother going to college unless you're going to be a professor or work in some scientific fields.

You can't get a job as a mechanical, civil, chemical, electrical, aerospace, etc engineer without a bachelors

I got straight A's and only ever got one scholarship for a few thousand, despite applying for dozens of scholarships. Went to the university financial aid office to ask what I'm doing wrong, and they just asked me if I was "diverse in any way", and kind of shrugged when I said no. Had half-hispanic roommates at one point who both got shitty grades and bragged about how they got full rides because they're brown.

This is too true. Your parents either have to be dirt poor or you have to be dirt poor and married with a kid or you have to be any color other than white or yellow and you essentially get a free ride shitty grades or not

College is a meme where they'll throw diversity scholarships at you for any ethnic ancestry you have. I'm a white dude who was able to get a diversity scholarship because i'm certified native american even though i'm only 1/128th

>Be me
>High school dropout
>Went to college for free because no education and going to Community college is simple if you claim poor as fuck
>Anyway, I got financial aid for some time and dropped out of College
>Still got a low wage job and worked my way up to some bullshit position
>Than got bored at 23 and went to Adult ED program to get HS diploma from one math test
>Back to College I go and found my true passion
>Than spent three years and all As but I found the computer material quite easy so I passed and used to code programs in linux even....
>Dropped out of college at age 25
>Got a job at age 25 for major tech company (international/national globe business)
>Been here ever since
>No College Degree
>No special connections
>Earning over six figures
>Asking for a raise soon for 135k
>Did I mention no DEBT

Attached: 1527973601134.gif (318x239, 449K)

It should be changed to
>"As long as you have a degree, experience is all that matters"

>be me
>interested and screwing with computers since age 8
>all my free time and money invested in computers instead of parties
>never finished college
>im now a sysadmin because i could show my experience

I claim bs on all these stories, nobody ever posts proof.

>nobody ever posts proof
prove it

>be European
>study for free
>move to USA for post-doc
>get paid well, no debt

Went better than expected.

>paying for college
shiggy diggy doo

>Went to college for free (scholarships)
>Studied CS and made decent grades
>Still went out all the time and made some great friends because not autist
>Worked for my campus help desk for experience plus extra $
>Got great job right after graduation, moved to the beach
feelsgoodman.gif

The thing is American's can do this too, by either doing under-grad at community college for 2 years and then transferring to goal school with high grades and get them scholarships, or go to state school with good specific program and get scholarships, OR do a trade or coop school where they have you work half the year and get paid.... people go the default route and compalin about cost. Yest it is inflated but so is the price of a new car, don't buy new...

school is for fags

>be me
>eventually decide to go to college and study Psychology
>understand it requires further education to be useful
>just graduated, still motivated
feels good

>he has to pay for his education
>he's such a brainlet that he can't get into university's budget group and make fun of retards who actually PAY to study the same shit that you study for FREE

Attached: 1518469136870.png (7802x6822, 1.41M)

no way would i bother in burgerland or england.

However, in Wales, the government will pay 5k of every 9k tuition fee (so for 3 years would be 27k, but ends up only being 12k for me).

since I'll only owe 19k all in, fees and maintenance it's a solid deal.

Attached: ithasafuckingdragononit.png (615x369, 105K)

you dropped out of college twice, yet you're trying to act like you've done well.

wasting all that time is retarded. Even though i'm paying for my degree, I will be done by 21, not scratching my balls until i'm 25

>Not giving that boomer and his boomer coworkers a firm handshake and asking for a job.

>60K in debt
My bachelor's and master's cost me 30K. Why didn't you go to a low-cost public university and do work study/research assistantship?

Bullshit. I'm in the same position, straight A's, except I'm Mexican. I've got $0 from Uncle Sam and I've worked while going to college.
I would agree, though, that the dreamers are the ones who benefit

BOOMER'D

>my dad makes £60k a year.
>He has a 2 year higher national diploma in computing.
>doesn't have a maths GCSE

he's not qualified to work at McDonalds. It's a different world these days user.

CS is not the degree it was 20 years ago anyway. Any retard knows cybersecurity is the new big money degree

rip. not like your shitty life would turn out better if you didn't do it. at least you have a real degree and won't be some monkey who's so proud of being forever locked in middle/junior roles because he doesn't have a degree.

Here in Chile engineering its a meme-scam, you can be a qualified technician and get the same jobs a engineer gets, whitout any fucking debt.

>t. technician in electronics, spent 100 USD n my entire career

>tfw £500/day three years after finishing uni
Maybe I should come to US and take your jobs, you do sound pretty shit

>doing under-grad at community college for 2 years and then transferring to goal school with high grades and get them scholarships
That's pure fantasy.

Don't tell him that, his bullshit theory falls apart then.

Dad was pulling £100k a year, no formal education worth a damn.

Most degrees are still shit though.

>62 mil lucas en un técnico
¿En qué instituto haitiano-tier estudiaste?

>tfw free education
>got 2 degrees and a good job right after college

americucks are pathetic

Thats because we have this meme-tier private-unis. I, as a PhD Student earn as much as a traditonal Medic, but as i studied with the CAE im into a 16M debt for 18.5 years and couting. The Masters and PhD are being paid by the Uni, tho.

en la facultad técnica de una universidad en realidad... lo que pasa es que me dieron becas del estado y encima la U me pagó las matrículas después del 1er semestre por ser el primero en notas

ah y también pagué 50% de la primera matrícula por ser carrera nueva

>with the CAE im into a 16M debt for 18.5 years and couting

holy shiet

>get a bachelor in law in the Netherlands
>every legal job requires a masters degree
Why does this degree exist again?

>why
gee

Attached: 43525235.gif (208x200, 378K)

They turned it into a lie
OPs faggot dad had the right idea for his generation, but did not foresee the challenges that the youger ones would have
Take a look at proportions of college attendees, rates tuition increases, and job market change over the past few decades and it will make sense
Then get pissed off and blame globalists

Tecno at USACH?

I just looked up the stats. And more than half of the people doesnt have a job 18 months after graduating.