Thermal paste

So, what's the best thermal paste Jow Forums?

Attached: spreading-thermal-paste-how-and-how-much-00.jpg (3840x2550, 650K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: thermalpaste.gif (807x467, 12K)

I went full autist for my gaming pc cpu. The answer is arctic silver if i recall correctly. Well priced too

this

Indium solder your CPU die to the heatsink.

MX-4

The meme graphite pad

So use vegemite if you're in 'Straya and toothpaste if your anywhere remotely civilized. I gotchu senpai-a-lam tbqh baka lol EXX DEE.

Discussion about best thermal paste is the bike-shed to a nuclear plant discussion of PCs, that said I fell for AS5 some 10 years ago, it doesn't seem to go bad in the tube

I fucked up,
this
to

If you have a copper plated cpu block, then thermal grizzly conductonaut.

It might not win every benchmark, but Arctic Silver has been the go to quality brand for decades. Can't go wrong with that shit.

probably graphene or some exotic shit

Attached: 1501674791855.png (464x928, 72K)

Seconded

Got a 15C temp drop from the shitty stock Corsair paste on my CLC

Attached: mx4.jpg (800x329, 61K)

I use literally my own excrement, works like a charm.

can i use more thermal paste if I'm using a non conductive one? i'm currently changing it. i'm using a mx4 and is my first time

You can though, because better compounds have been developed since Arctic Silver's heyday. MX-4 is just one of many that's better and cheaper.

It doesn't really matter, but you'll make a mess and have to clean it up at some point. Just use a small dot in the middle. It will spread when you secure the cooler. You can even take it back off after the first attempt to see how it spread if you're nervous about it.

I used Noctua NT-H1. It's not really any better or worse according to tests but I wanted something that lasted a long time and since none of the reviews test longevity I went with the slightly more expensive option.

PEA

oh sry wat

MX-4
>Non-conductive
>Non-capacitive
>Non-abrasive
>Better than mayonnaise
>Cheap

Any will do user, people reporting huge temp differences just had a shitty spread or didn't mount the heatsink tight enough.

Attached: this.jpg (250x242, 6K)

delid, use thermal gorilla liquid metal.

or just say fuck it and use one of those re-useable graphite pads. I'm tempted to pick up some. Stock prices in isopropyl is gonna drop!

Grizzly Kryonaut is the current best non-conductive performer by a slim margin past MX-4 and the like. The best raw performer at all costs (conductivity, ease to apply, etc) is Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra; slightly better than Grizzly's conductonaut.
MX-4 is the easiest to apply by far, while being almost as good as Kryonaut. Get that if you want it to be easy.
All the information I posted here is from the Tom's Hardware big thermal paste comparison.

These are both ancient.
AS5 isn't anywhere near the top any more...

Right now-
Kyronaut meme or mastergel maker nano.
Kyronaut spreads like ass, mastergel spreads like AS5

Alternatively, Mastergel Maker Nano.
Really just depends on what is available in your area.

Can't really buy MX-4 here (at least not for decent prices, it costs more than Kyronaut at the one place that does sell it - Australia btw)

>semen

what the actual fuck, HW secrets...

Mx-4

I'm using. An intel stock cooler and my temps haven't exceeded 140f, even in multiple stress tests.

I mean thermal grizzly

gorilla? wtf.

>armpit units

Just use vegemite

elmers glue
not kidding

> 140f
what does it mean? my autism doesn't let me understand

He held his computer under his arm and counted to one forty.

60c in 3rd world units.

>140f
140 °F
>60c
60 °C

Mein cummies

Attached: 123125123.gif (200x200, 14K)

>I'm using. An intel stock cooler and my temps haven't exceeded 140f, even in multiple stress tests.
Doubt.tiff

Telling the truth, tested it with AIDA and Intel Burn in.

Intel burn in is all smoke and mirrors
What CPU and clockspeed

I5 7400 stock.

semen

Ok I kinda believe that then

Kryonaut is the best, don't cheap out on the thermal paste, liquid meme doesn't count unless it's under ihs.

I'm getting tired of all these consumerist replies. Just fucking solder the CPU to the heatsink without the heatspreader on.

Attached: indium.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

those few missed hairs under the nose are really distracting

Isotopically pure diamond

tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html

I generally use Kryonaut or Gelid GC Extreme

Threadly reminder that mx4 is absolute shit on Laptop, so you better off with something else in that case

Is there literally more than a 1-2°C difference as long as I don't go with some noname brand or a poorly reviewed one?

liquid metal

cum