What programs keep you on Windows

What programs keep you on Windows,
apart from Photoshop?

Attached: stallman-family.jpg (1296x968, 653K)

I have a dual boot with Windows on my main computer, and only boot into it for specific things. Once there is a good replacement for Sibelius, an easy way to get VSTs running, and good CAD software I will shrink that partition and never look back.

none, being "kept on windows" is playing right into their abusive proprietary lock-in strategy

>photoshop
implying you actually pay for this and didn't just torrent it

Softwares that bug in Wine.

No programs, I just use whatever works best, which for me is Windows.
t. used linux for 4 years

solidworks

The usability of Windows, better and more options for software, better performance, games when I do want to play them. I mean I guess Linux would be good if I was an autistic NEET that kodes C in nano

ZBrush, Maya, 3D Coat

Wake me up when you have something anywhere close to that.

>inb4 just use x, its basically the same as y lol

Linux is shit, even shittier when you go full rms/snowden mode and go full libre. The resultant behaviour almost resemble neo ludditism.
>t. freeturd for a decade

FL Studio. As I slowly get better at DSP I hope to be able to clone specific things from FL into Pure Data so that I can live permanently in Linux Land
Even with all that said I'm pretty sure MIDI devices lag worse in linux than in windows no matter what the Jack settings are, so this might just be a pipe dream

A decent selection of games, literally the only thing.

Gimp is actually like 99% as good as photoshop but literally any other linux clone of popular windows software is complete shit

Your midi devices are lagging because they are not properly set up, not because of linux. Have you tried Bitwig? You can sync Midi hardware in one click.

Substance painter
Substance designer
Z brush
Lightroom
Premiere pro
After effects

I'll have a look into it when I get my keyboard back. Someones been borrowing it. This was also a problem I was having like 7 years ago so shit is probably much better now
Bitwig seems cool, like an ableton clone, but i like the idea of making music solely in Pure Data rn

>Gimp is actually like 99% as good as photoshop

Autocad

Dota 2

Minecraft windows 10 edition

ok retard
Gimp literally has 99% of everything Ps has

>literally

Attached: aid2876374-v4-900px-Draw-a-Square-in-Photoshop-Step-7.jpg (900x429, 13K)

same

Banking4W
And no it doesn't run on wine because WPF
There is no good banking software for Linux

Unironically the Task Manager, god i love that shit.

Xorg, Gnome, KDE, NetworkManager and PulseAudio

Attached: 1464098401325.jpg (2560x1300, 942K)

This. Surprisingly great.
The gnome/xfce4 ones are shit in comparison.

Videogames

no programm I just like it more, I used debian for a year and then realized there is no point after they allowed for windows to use gnu progs

doesn't that shit game run on linux native?

games

sony vegas
fl studio
blender

linux is shit

omg jusy use blender! it has game engine and video editor built in and also gives you power of softimage for ftee and python scripting and also made for great animations like bunny movie also has water simulations in boxes with foam. also it is production ready with proven track record of sucj titles as bunny movie and space movie and car movie currently in production. also has the best ui, with everything available from tiny little buttons all over the place. game engine is same as unity and unrral, using just logic blocks and python2.5 video editor unlinear, like final cut pro

Gaymen

this & a number of other engineering related programs

If Linux got more support from CAD software developpers I wouldn't have to worry about windows at all.

Linux is a kernel.

Adobe suite which includes:
-Dreamweaver (code view automatic upload to server is fantastic)
-Photoshop
-Illustrator
-After Effects
-Premier

Office 2016
-I'm sorry but you cannot sit there and tell me that your libre office/apache is anywhere close to the performance of Office. Hands down a superior experience overall.
Any game running DirectX
-Yeah I know there are hacks to 'workaround' this shit but it's just a fucking nightmare.
Exchange emails
-Forget about running any Microsoft Exchange emails which happen to be the best email platform synchronization ever. IMAP doesn't even come close to the level of synching.
Active Directory and Domain controls
-Windows active directory is used at tons and tons and tons of companies/schools/organizations to control users. Sorry Linux. Not even close.

Look. I really love Linux. I want to be 100% Linux. But the choke-hold Microsoft holds on the industry is way too real and makes it impossible for Linux to be a viable solution.

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 1.7M)

Fuck off you GNU + faggot/autist.

muh games

GNU cares about your freedom. Does Microsoft?

>Steam
>GOG
Oddly enough, emulators that haven't been ported to Linux may be a big factor in this.
>Cemu (suprisingly doesn't seem to have a Linux port)
>PJ64
>Altirra (/vr/ Atari stuff from the 1980s - would like to have a Linux port for this)
>Jnes/VirtuaNES (which I can probably replace with FCEUX)
All other emulators I use have Linux ports, or at least have the source available. I don't trust Wine for emulation yet, especially for more modern consoles, but I could come around to it.

Oh yeah,
>inb4 RetroArch
POS

>Dreamweaver
That still exists? Last time I used it, it was absolute garbage, but that was like 15 years ago.

Excel is still the best spreadsheet software without a doubt. I'm not a big fan of Word-type documents though, since I prefer latex. I recognize Word and PowerPoint's value to business, but it's not a real deal breaker for me.

>Games
Even though I don't play them often anymore this is still a pain for me.

I'm not familiar with either Exchange emails or all the details of Active Directory and Domain controls, although I'm sure they were used to deploy the various windows networks I've used at work and school.

I like emacs, guile and a number of other projects, but GNU software on the whole is horrible. They're not the only game in town, it's not the 90s or even the early 00s anymore.

Attached: 1526173789786.jpg (806x938, 337K)

Dreamweaver is alive and well. Still used for its design/code view for making sites. I've made a lot of PHP sites and the file management system + direct FTP access + hex code generator is fantastic. no other code thing ever had any of these functions.

I used blender. Probably know it better than 90% of this board.

It's trash.

>2018
>Still reposting this fake image

Dwm

So it's basically a collection of utilities that you could assemble elsewhere. Is it really that popular? I thought that amateurs usually used a CMS and that professionals build websites with more advanced tools and hand coding.

Games. Try Chuchel.

You do hand code with Dreamweaver. It just also has a design view. I don't use it. I guess I just like how it runs and feels...

And you're just a brain

Ah, I think I understand now. There's really something to be said about being comfortable with your workspace and flow.

The driver for my SnaScan ix500

>office 2016
>superior experience

Not sure what kind of shit you do with office, but libre office does everything I need it to do.

Windows is good reason for shitposting here.

>Libre Office
Excel's formula system is much much more comprehensive than Libre ever is.

Word is no big deal, you could easily get a word program like Libre and it would work fine.

Outlook is a big one. it's ability to handle exchange email platforms flawlessly is amazing and I haven't found a viable alternative on a Linux machine. Once you go exchange you realize just how terrible IMAP is for synchronization purposes.

>What programs keep you on Windows,
All of them. Not because the proverbial Gentoos can't run anything but because Windows can.

Libre Office's calc sucks ass. The only decent tool it has is writer. Every other part is either outstaged by some other free software (like beamer for presentations) or the proprietary equivalent.

True, but do you actually use Excel to that extent? I do most of my accounting calculations in Calc and it works good enough to not annoy me, and it gets the job done.I’m not saying it’s better or even on par with Excel, but it’s good enough for basic shit.

Solid Edge
...or any other CAD software that isn't a total pile of shit.

Attached: dsgdfg.png (314x343, 188K)

Entire adobe suite
Solidworks
Maya
The occasional game
Office
My job uses windows etc

Games.

Pretty much the one and only reason why I keep using Windows. And I fucking hate what Windows has become. It's kinda odd that I'd prefer the occasional BSOD of Windows MeMe edition to the spyware and ad infested shitfest that Win10 is.

this but without the snark and irony

I think of switching back to Windows from Linux for 1. Games 2. All the programs I run, also run on Windows 3. I already have a license key 4. The UI Looks better. 5.I have a office 365 account,.

IT IS LINUX NOT GNU/CHROME/GAYGAMES/LINUX.

Fucking hell

Well, you might as well try it and see.

No programs desu. I don't play videogames and I don't need proprietary CAD programs for engineering. I use a computer mainly for emails, podcasts, and this site. The majority of the population can get by using GNU/Linux (not fully libre though because of drivers, firmware, bios, etc). I haven't so much as come into contact with Windows within the past year. Photoshop is nice, but I took a class on the Adobe suite. I don't need to use Photoshop anymore though, and GIMP/Krita is just fine for my shitposting needs. I'm not doing anything professional which would make an employer force me to use their preferred software.

For game development, other than Photoshop:

- Unreal Engine 4 Editor
- Marvelous Designer
- Adobe Illustrator

Maya, Blender, Substance Designer and Substance Painter are already available on Linux, thank goodness.

Attached: ue4-editor.jpg (2498x1440, 390K)

>IT IS LINUX NOT GNU/CHROME/GAYGAMES/LINUX.
Yes, the kernel is just called Linux.

>implying you actually pay for this and didn't just torrent it
So?

Attached: 1528117145609.jpg (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Onenote

copyright infringement and proprietary software are both immoral, but you manage to endorse both of them

drivers for hardware accelerated MPEG 4 decoding
web browsers with hardware acceleration support

Sony Vegas
I can't think of a comfier piece of software, plus I paid $20 for it. That is a fucking steal since it's usually $300-500, and unless magix were to port it to linux (which I would honestly rather be using, tiling window managers are probably some of the best experiences that I've ever had using a computer) there is no way in hell I will ever quit using it

Attached: edapproval.png (532x582, 347K)

The fact that I've never had problems installing or running programs on Windows.

Clicking boxes and adjusting sliders is so much easier and simple than having to write a command for everything.

>proprietary software
>immoral
commie

The fucking GUI. Why would I want to remember a lot of commands and hop around in a shitty terminal?

The only reason i upgraded to windows 10 was for the superior task manager

LMFAO The funniest part is that you probably actually believe this, holy shit lol

Line2 - all SIP clients for Linux suck
Todoist - only available as web app or unusuable gnome-todo integration
PowerPDF - pdfmod hasn't been updated in years, would have to use slow Java-based PDF Studio
Instagram - only available as limited-feature web app
Pocketcasts - only available as a web app
Word - not having to convert back and forth to .odt and .doc constantly to interact with rest of world is nice
Half my Steam collection
OneDrive is better than MegaSync or trying to roll your own OwnCloud, otherwise folder-specific syncing requires command land cron jobs with rsync

Drivers for my Canon work printer - don't exist on Linux

There are a bunch of extra features enabled with Lenovo utilities only on Windows

I can still run Linux terminal and X apps via WSL

Fenice replaces CoreBird
FooIRC replacement Polari
eM Client replaces Evolution

kdenlive nigga

>shilling for proprietary software which is about letting workers (software companies) seize control of everyone else's property (computers) for their own personal gain
>calling someone else a commie

illustrator
lightroom
sony vegas
photoshit
vmware workstation
diablo 1/2
a handful of steam games to play w friends

Attached: 27MYCBq.gif (378x500, 187K)

SimilarImages
Office

underrated

Go on retard, show me where I've shilled proprietary software.

Windows keeps me on Windows. The only thing that's been keeping me on Linux was the terminal, but now WSL exists.

In a lot of ways i genuinely like Windows 10, it's just a pity that they are trying to have their cake and eat it when privacy is such a hot issue these days.

literally the whole Adobe suite
FL Studio and other shit I use to mix music - when ran on Wine they use a ton of extra resources and are sluggier.

I dual boot with Debian and pretty much only use it for programming, which is good because that means I have a no-distractions environment

But maya is on linux.

Does its linux support suck?

Useless post. At this point you should just communicate your misgivings to the person you quoted instead of pretending you're talking to everyone else.

Linux is a kernel

When will quoteposters be banned?

When GNU Hurd is released

Reading your post i realize you are knee deep in the microshit ecosystem, and can't get out. So, I'm not going to tell you to.

All I wanted to emphasize is
>office
>performance

>implying excel does anything other than shit its pants and crash, losing all your work, with anything more complex than basic addition

Oh, and the best part:

>use office in english, excel sum function is SUM, parameter separator is comma
>use office in portuguese, excel sum function is SOMA, parameter separator is colon
>use office in other language, relearn api again

wellfuckingdonecunts.tiff

Who gives a shit about non-english? The alternatives are so shockingly bad that it's not even a concern.

Rhino and Grashopper