/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Yui Edition!

Old thread () is autosaging.

Do you have stupid questions? Ask them here instead of making your own thread. Remember to Bing Itâ„¢ before you bring it.

Attached: 1511360374724.png (1905x1080, 854K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125961&ignorebbr=1
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Read your contract.Those are not YOUR contacts or YOUR leads, they are the companies. Even if you made them at your house, they are still property of the company since you are doing it relating to your work.
>This is a frequently common section in your contract. You dont own shit.
>Same with programmers, even if they program something completely off topic to their job code, and does it at home in their own time, it is still property of the company.
i didnt sign a contract with them. they were idiots/naive when they hired me. there is no real legal discourse. idky you're fighting me on that.

i understand what you are saying, with most companies, what you're saying is 100% true. they never paid me to be there. i gave them 70% of the proceeds on every buyer i found them.

i dont have a bad relationship with the company, i just could be making more money elsewhere. regardless, im just trying to skew my own shit.

i also read the contract they think they have a copy of from way back and it's very barebones. nothing related to work being done their is their property. i almost pointed it out but figured fuck it. not my problem.

I have 250 gb SSD and 500gb HDD.Want to dual boot Ubuntu / Windows 10. Which system should I put on the SSD and why?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

both on ssd

Are there fat yurus?

Put the system you want to use more often on the SSD

On skype android, my friend appears "Away", which is an obsolete skype status you can't even set yourself as anymore- not even in the very app displaying this. What the fuck is that? If they've used the app recently, will their status change to "Active"? Their status appears invisible on the desktop version, so I'm wondering if the app is providing functionality that clearly they intend to prevent users from having from likely the next update onward.

That's easily big enough to fit both OSes, with over 100GB to spare.

don't be lewd

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Attached: Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi! - OVA [BD][720p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_00.01.19_[2016.02.29_16.15.16].jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Are the 3 year protection plans through newegg worth a damn on CPU or mother board.

warranties in general are almost never worth a damn. There's a reason retailers love to push them, they're almost never claimed so it's nearly pure profit.

how do i stop being a newfag?

Lurk moar.

There is literally nothing about this culture that is worth learning and blindly conforming to. The very fact that you're expected to blindly conform forfeits its being logically sound, in its in itself removed from justifying itself. Just be passive aggressive like everyone else, since it's emotional and therefore respected as a valid argument here. If you don't consider passive aggression to be a valid argument, maybe go to a hugbox like reddit where they actually justify things, lmao

Which battery brand is worth getting rechargeable battery's from? I only use AA and AAA for things like controllers and razors, but would prefer if they lasted longer than a week.

Attached: 8d5.png (165x115, 13K)

Eneloops are the big brand. And they are good, though not the cheapest. They're famous since they were the first low self-discharge cells you could get. If you want something cheaper I've had good luck with Tenergy.

But really the best thing you can do for NiMH batteries is to get a good charger. You want something that charges each cell individually, and that has a slow mode. People like fast charging because its convenient, but it's also much harder on the batteries, if you use a charger that takes six hours to fill them up from flat, they'll last a lot longer. Maha makes good ones.

What's a good C++ guide for someone coming from PHP?

Attached: 1454810725805-fit.jpg (400x395, 68K)

Both on SSD, keep hentai on HDD.
There's literally no way to know.
Nah.
Go back in time.

>Get 3400mah 18650 battery
>Charge it
>Insert it into the AAA slot
>???
>Profit!

>There's literally no way to know.
If their status will appear as "active" on the app, when their status appears invisible on the desktop version? I figured someone might have anecdotal experience with this.

Will Yui and Ayano ever talk?

>want a NAS and a hackintosh with dual boot
>decide that perhaps I should build one machine and virtualize both things
Do you believe that a R7 2700 could be sufficient to virtualize both things without issues?

Nobody uses skype anymore, let it go

These two questions are probably equally specific and stupid but maybe someone here can help me out since I don't want to create a seperate thread for it:
* Is there a way to make my LaTeX distribution under Linux (TeX Live) install missing packages on the fly instead of having to download the entire 4 GB library? I was using MikTeX when I still had Windows and I liked that feature.
* How do you make ChemBioOffice work in Linux? I already tried Wine but it freezes after starting the setup.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199&ignorebbr=1
This card
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125961&ignorebbr=1
or this card and why? the asus one is a lot cheaper with promo code but I dont feel comfortable with the brand and im told thier warranty process is difficult. Is it worth the extra money to go with the gigabyte one?

Are the restrictions on unactivated Windows 10 really as lax as they appear to be? So far all I can see is that the "Personalization" tab isn't accessible. Is there a time limit on this, or is this the extent of it?

Nothing important but you better activate it because it will get more annoying with time.
Just download Microsoft Toolkit.

Both are pretty much the same outside cooling.
Gigabyte one has better cooling in general if you had to choose one.
Also Yeah, ASUS warranty is horrible.

Thanks, How do I go about knowing which card to buy? Is there a company thats know for having consistently good stuff or anything like that?

This is the dumbest response since the very premise of the conversation demonstrates you're wrong. You could have educated me on which chat service actually respects my freedoms instead of just saying no one uses what I use.

Trying to understand some programming paradigms.

Imperative = tell computer how to do thing (muh for loop)
Declarative = tell it what you want (muh .map())
Procedural = divide functionality in subroutines (functions/procedures)
Sequential = Following set of instructions linearly
Procedural + Modularity (ie. namespaces) = Modular paradigm
Procedural + (Pure functions + Closures/Higher order functions + Recursion + Currying + Immutability) - Imperative = Functional paradigm
Objects storing both state and methods + classes/interfaces/polymorfism/inheritance/composition = Object Oriented paradigm
Too dumb to understand but it is apparently used a lot in game development = Data Oriented paradigm

I know I'm oversimplifying stuff but am I somewhat correct?

does rgb makes my system faster?

Companies will give you a good idea of what quality will be like, but still the card cooling itself is more important
>Is the heatsink cooper or alluminium, how many cooper pipes, how good is the VRM cooling

Yo cant just base yourself in the company name, for example EVGA is the best brand around yet the had a batch of bad cards with the GTX 1060 series.

I've got a friend who obtained a password-locked iPad and needs to factory reset it. Is there a third-party program he can use to get through and wipe it? Something free and user-friendly if possible, as I'm not physically there to help him and he's a bit tech-illiterate.

Attached: 296c0b10707baa0b819d71d40b33d49b300ee014_hq.gif (289x242, 777K)

This is the ASUS heatsink for example, its mostly aluminium and only 2 cooper pipes.
Also the VRMs are not connected to it so that means worse VRM cooling which matters a lot when it comes to durability, more if you overclock.

Attached: asus-rx580-dual-review12.jpg (800x533, 113K)

Give it back, Tyrone.

Meanwhile this is the Gigabyte heatsink, notice how there are 4 cooper pipes instead 2, and they all will be making contact with the GPU chip.
Also you can notice the white thermal pads in the VRM zone, this means it will be also cooled which is great for the card and allows great overclocking.

I'm not a nigger, I promise.

Attached: 1477937971238.png (783x720, 401K)

4chanX ate my image.

Attached: aorus-rx580-xtr-8gb-review11.jpg (800x533, 61K)

What will change that will make it more annoying?

Windows taking you out fullscreen programs to show you the generic "activate windows" message.
Activating it takes 5-10 seconds, just download MSToolkit:
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Show time stamp with ipad and your skin color with timestamp on it.

I just said I'm not there with him, and he has the iPad. He's not black either, he's a fucking twink.

You never know, user

no

why you would want a dual-boot NAS is beyond me, half the point of the thing is to be running all the time. But that's plenty of CPU power to run two VMs. Make sure you have enough memory.

Attached: 1496784546602.png (700x700, 254K)

Youre awesome, thank you. This lead me into the direction of the gigabyte model for sure, the other one I was liiking at from msi looks a lot closer to the asus one. thank you

No problem, a little explanation about what some parts are.
VRMs are the ones in charge of regulating voltage of the card.

Attached: aorus-rx580-xtr-8gb-review12.jpg (800x533, 143K)

I explained myself like shit.
I plan to make an always on virtualization server machine. One VM will be my macOS/Windows RIg, the other VM will be the NAS one.
I think that in the long run will be cheaper to build one machine instead of two.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713 or
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137290
some one else says both of those cards are shit and these two are better. would you agree? I dont like MSI but I havent dealt with power color and it seems fine. how mould I get images of the cooler like the ones from your posts?

The past few days my internet has been incredibly slow on all devices connected to my network. I just did a speed test and the results were about 112Mbps down and 11.5 up. So why are all webpages loading so slowly?

Got a microserver w/5 bays. Which would be better, Raid Z1 or Raid Z2?. I've already got backups of everything so if the pool just dies one day I can restore it all. Plus I'd gain more usable capacity. But on the flip side, I rather like the idea of extra protection and the lower chance of total failure happening. With data volumes ever growing the time required to restore/copy it all increases (especially via GB Ethernet). So I'd be saving myself potential time down the road as well. Right now I've got maybe 10TB worth of data. Spanning 20 yrs give or take, so factoring for growth I'd need 20TB to give plenty of extra room in later years. My biggest thing is my media collection, high quality movie rips eat space quick. So having to not restore it all would be a nice thing

No. If they talk they will fall in love.

>there is no real legal discourse
>discourse
recourse

how often do you reapply thermal paste

Daily. And if you do, cum is just as effective and way cheaper.

The answer is still no. Apple makes them this way for a reason.

When ever i feel like cleaning the case so like once every decade

best way to steal winblows 10?

can someone post the screenshot of the thread where someone draw the apple fag and the one where we found him again ?

The beats guy?

where does wmic read information to get the uuid of a machine? if you go: wmic csproduct, where is the uuid gotten from? is it read directly from a piece of firmware in the bios or something? Is it possible to change?

if recruiters call you about a job offer and ask you your current salary is it not a good idea to tell them straight away?

Dont tell them, they dont need to know that information. You'll just shoehorn your self in

1/2

Attached: macfag memory.jpg (2000x2000, 547K)

2/2

Attached: macfag dude g.jpg (1000x3000, 458K)

what do i even say

I keep getting watchdog timeout errors, Idk what do I just built this computer and installed a cracked windows 10 professional

Should I be using std::endl or "\n" in C++? Does it even matter or is it all preference?

What is the best service for both website hosting and website-building tools?

Some part of your hardware is taking a long time to respond, or isnt responding. Read the log to find out the device info and look from there

exactly thx

Can someone give me css selector for
code blocks
I'm snugg in bed and don't want to get up and power up desktop

Literally doesn't matter, both will be converted by the standard library to whatever line ending your OS wants.

Say you're not comfortable releasing that information.

Thanks

.prettyprinted.prettyprint according to uBlock Origin's element explorer thing.

Can you order replacement panels for towers?
I build this rig a while ago but kept the case because I liked the design, but the window is all scratched and fucked up so it looks like shit.
I don't want to have to buy a whole new case.

I want to have an old 80s anime(Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) in physical format.

Questions:
I'm guessing there is no reason to own it in blu-ray format due to the level of quality, so I should just stick to DVD. Is this correct?

Can I just torrent all the episodes and burn them in such a way that I can watch them on a DVD player, and so that I can customize the dub/sub experience like I can on a software media player? I don't want 50 DVDs, one for each episode, and I don't want to be stuck with nip voices and no subs.

It probably varies by manufacturer.
Try calling the manufacturer for your case, and ask if they sell replacement parts.
You may also be able to find one on Ebay.

Yeah that's what I figured. Just wanted to ask and see if anyone else here bought replacement panels.

>Can I just torrent all the episodes and burn them in such a way that I can watch them on a DVD player, and so that I can customize the dub/sub experience like I can on a software media player?
I don't know much about video creation/subtitling/burning, but I am certain that it is possible to get subtitled video onto a DVD in some way.

I don't want 50 DVDs, one for each episode, and I don't want to be stuck with nip voices and no subs.
If you were to buy a DVD set, there would most likely be multiple episodes on each disc so that there are only a few discs in the set. And a proper box set might include professionally-done English subs, as well.

Nice thank

Attached: tumblr_p422zp33mb1vm27q7o1_540.jpg (532x746, 175K)

>customer support has anime profile picture
ok which one of you is this

Attached: anime.png (556x512, 68K)

oh
and what do i say when they ask about my expected salary
should i just blatantly ask them what the employer in question is willing to offer instead of giving them a number? Because it really feels awkward

how do I read the log?

me

>McKay

Attached: image_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Why do you have 2 first names, user?

why won't this broken shit site let me post on Jow Forums

it keeps giving me connection errors specifically in that board

Attached: yelling peridot.jpg (720x720, 20K)

You mean making threads or posting replies?

>expected salary
Dont undersell your self. State a salary you feel is adequate for that field+ a few grand. Do your research on the job title and check the industry for relevant salary. Also add to it your credentials and certs/ job experience.
>ask them
Yes.
>ackward
Dont undersell your self and make sure you're paid what you're actually worth.
It would be more awkward if you get the job and after 5 years you're still making under what the industry pays for that position

Is it possible for a website to read your pcs uuid? Some how its uniquely identifying my pc but I'm not sure what it is, definitely not mac address.

My job as a Lemon Key manufacturer requires I have two names. My friends call me Jimmy

posting replies

Gotta buy a Jow Forums pass.

that and also clicking images gives a 404 despite the thread still existing

what the fuck lmao, had no idea this existed

2 questions:

1. Is it a bad idea to defragment drives near 90% full, or is that a meme?

2. Anyone here have a V10? Have you had issues where the phone just restarts on its own and goes to the boot screen? If so, did you get rid of this problem, and how?

nvm figured it out

I'm assuming you meant to link to another post, because I() am still having problems with my phone, if anyone has a potential solution.

my xbone controller is acting up real weirdly
its axis is finnicky in games, always makes the camera spin in circles making the games unplayable. I've tried reinstalling/updating the drivers and recalibrating it but neither of these fixed it. Even weirder, holding down the center button to disconnect from the bluetooth raises my volume and sends my cursor flying to the upper left. wtf how do I fix this?