I would like to buy a washing machine.Which one should I get?

I would like to buy a washing machine.Which one should I get?

Attached: SAMSUNG_WASHING_MACHINE_WF16J.jpg (700x700, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=McVIr69Hyws
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIXqhRb_P0
thewirecutter.com/blog/speed-queen-washer/
automaticwasher.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?74399_17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Miele

An old one with minimal features. But I can't really compare washing machines, I don't buy them often enough. Mostly I just buy one in my budget and hope for the best.

All of them

For how many persons?
How much laundry do you usually have?
How much space do you have to put it into?
Toploader or frontloader?

Check the energy class. Anything more than A+ is under powered and noisy.
A++ and A+++ only spare you like 3 bucks per year. Do not fall for the eco meme.

Bosch

Attached: 85eaf208dd0231e687610f0be130de5c.jpg (544x846, 99K)

2017 (not 2018) speed queen top loader

youtube.com/watch?v=McVIr69Hyws

my apartment came furnished with a bosch ascenta front loader. Seems to work really well and hasn't shown any issues. My parents use an LG front loader, it's also pretty good.

Get a combined dryer/washer. They're pretty great now if you find the right one.

is Beko any good?

Just get a German one

Asko
Miele

If washing machines were cars, some would be pedal-driven or only work downhill just to save on fuel. Cool if your machine doesn't need much, but I still need it to do its job or I'll be using more energy running it twice.

>has a higher rating
>is actually weaker
is this like those WD green hard drives or what? I always figured the HE machines offset their lower water/power usage. as far as 3 dollars per year, it's probably more than that.

The lower water use is great until you wash towels. It simply doesn't use enough water to rinse the soap out of them and it comes up sudsy at the end even if I select the "extra rinse" setting and use a very scant amount of soap. I can't even trick it by dumping the required amount of water into it since it detects the water level when I resume it, and pumps out the extra.

what kind of washer are you using?

Don't forget to check if the shipping bolts were removed, I had a rodeo with mine the first time I used it thanks to the fag that installed it.

hahaahhaahahahahahahahah

All combined washer/dryers are absolute garbage shit tier. There isn't a single good one on the market.

Unless you're talking about stackable units or laundry centers? i.e. GE spacemaker washer/dryer

Can't be assed to hunt down the model number but it says Frigidaire Affinity on the front. Aside from that gripe, it's an excellent machine. I just wish there was a way to turn off the water saver when I know I need more water.

Kek, what did it do?

That's not completely true, it's just YOUR washer that's a piece of shit.

>237 votes on consumer affairs
>1.2 stars
user that thing is a piece of shit holy fuck. I've never had that issue you're talking about and have an HE front loader as well.

>Asko
/thread

Miele produces in Asia now
that's why their newer models are crap

>Beko
>>>/csg/

This
Bosch is the Honda of washing machines
best reliability

DO NOT get a machine with computer control. That means HE front or top loaders. The control boards usually go out after about 2 or 3 years and will need replaced for hundreds of dollars.

Hell, my parents have gone through three logic boards already in 5 years.

I bought a mechanical washing machine which is not HE, full tub top loader. Only SpeedQueen seems to make them now though. Should last forever.

who's the early 2000s Chrysler of washing machines?

why exactly do you know so much about washing machines user?

I did a ton of autistic research earlier this year when moving into a condo with washing machine tubing available. I ended up buying a stacked laundry center because I had no option since space was very limited, but any pre-2018 Speed Queen top loader will work just fine. LG front loaders are good too.

Miele and Bosch are also reputable brands but they seem to be hard to find in the U.S.

Do individual research on all machines. Don't pay attention to customer reviews on sites, go to dedicated laundry machine aficionado websites.

>any pre-2018 Speed Queen top loader will work just fine
did they dump their mechanical offerings? i got my set in 2015 and still going strong except for a drum squeak when in the spin cycle.

They skimped on the agitator in the 2018 model which makes them pretty ineffective for bigger soiled loads.

More info:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIXqhRb_P0
This guy was a SQ authorized retailer but they stopped sending him machines after the series of vids he made on the 2018 model.

thewirecutter.com/blog/speed-queen-washer/

By that I'm guessing you mean WOAT reliability?
Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Candy, Hoover and Indesit all seem shit.

My washing machine has the same issue, it's one of those modern LG ones. The clothes smell like shit if you sweat in them because of the detergent left in the clothing. Have you tried putting more then one extra rinse? I started setting mines to 3 rinses and it seems to have solved the issue.

here's a forum thread that might be useful to some who are considering buying a new washer:

automaticwasher.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?74399_17

Top loaders with an agitator (NON HE) are vastly superior.

Redpill me on top loaders - they seem so third world to me.

The space-saving aspect is neat if you live in a cramped Beijing apartment. But apart from that, is there any other benefit to it vs a normal front loader?

Attached: 1turn.webm (360x240, 657K)

If you don't wipe down a front loader's door and gasket it'll grow mold - you don't have to do that for a toploader. Other than that, there are no benefits really.

it's cheaper. that's about it.

Top loaders were the standard for over 60 years before the government forced manufacturers to make washers use less water and less electricity.

I had one of those LG high efficiency models and it would not remove sweat after doing outdoor work. It was absolutely useless for anyone that ever gets their hands and clothes dirty.

Yea, they aren't good mate, older washing machines are rougher on clothes and waste more water but clean great. They're made for hipster fags.

He's not wrong. More complexity equals higher chance of failure in white goods.

Speed Queen. they're the best you can get.

Forgot pic

Attached: Download-1.jpg (3600x2025, 492K)

yeah thanks asshole, now im gonna use fucking days looking at reviews for fucking washing machines.

i hope youre happy

You were almost there, but you posted the computer controlled version. The mechanical versions will last much longer

I bought the cheapest and it does the job

i actually spent an inordinate amount of time watching videos of full cycles

something oddly soothing about it

but yeah just avoid the 2018 speed queens and you should be good to go.

>go to dedicated laundry machine aficionado websites.
Any recommendations?

automaticwasher.org

SpeedQueen

Posting my washer and dryer

Attached: 20180608_215540.jpg (2560x1440, 979K)

Have you considered commercial/industrial ones? I always wondered how they'd compare vs consumer models at home usage

>Eurocucks
I buy Maytag.

Gorenje

The simpliest

I have 11 year old simple indesit washing machine. No faliure ever. Only problem is... Wait for it... RUST. (Only on the outside) It starts to look like 1996 opel astra although it's mechanically perfect. I assume rust would be cause of death sometime.

ieattidepods.com

>The control boards usually go out
Why does this happen, anyway?

Read Consumer Reports for American models and Stiftung Warentest for European models. Their best picks are solid. Stiftung Warentest is better, though.

t. not even a German speaker

Attached: test.png (183x275, 4K)

Buy a Bosch if you want reliability. You won't regret it.