Remember to post with sage or just don't bother paint

None of the above.

W E \_/ L C

O M E T O T

H E N O T C

H L E V E L

Notch is the reason why I hate 2018

7 chaos emerald post my nigga.

Notches will disappear within a couple of years. I'm probably going to give in and get the Pixel 3XL as much as I fucking hate it, but I think if I can keep it for two years then there will be great notch-free options after that.

>giving into buying inferior options just because they're more "modern"

You don't deserve to have money. Just get a high end phone from this or last year, it's not gonna be magically obsolete just because applel or jewgle does some stupid shit.

>You don't deserve to have money
Funny how my employer disagrees with you.

Left: pretends to be a normal screen like all other phones
Right: INNOVATION, won't hide the custom shaped and really expensive display

Why cant I have top of left bottom of right? seems like a decent combo.

The optimal combination in 2018. By 2020 true full screen-to-face phones will probably be reality, but until then this shitty notch meme will persist I guess.

>tfw still like and want 16:9 and physical buttons

soft buttons are fine with me but i still don't understand why phone manufacturers needed to make phones using a screen ratio that defies the standard we had between most phones, TVs, computer monitors, and most other displays.

because Apple is aware that the notch and stupid home bar thing on the bottom block content, so the aspect ratio must be extreme enough for a normal aspect ratio to live inside those boundaries

Didn't LG almost get it right then absolutely fuck themselves? I just want a phone, no curves, and all screen where the screen should be. I seriously don't need a front camera, proximity sensor, LED indicator, speaker, and the logo on the front

WOAH INNOVATION

I'll always go with the notchless design, however I prefer the notched design of the Essential Phone rather than the large notch seen on just about every recent phone. It's small, not as intrusive, and looks more pleasing than the large notches, but seeing how most smartphone manufacturers like to take design choices from Apple we probably won't see another phone with a notch similar to the Essential Phone at any point in the future.

I owned an iPhone X but sold it for pic-related. I think they got it right with the screen size and design.

Attached: iur.jpg (1000x563, 58K)

>but seeing how most smartphone manufacturers like to take design choices from Apple we probably won't see another phone with a notch similar to the Essential Phone at any point in the future.
>as you didn't see the pixel 3 XL leak

>tfw I bought the Samsung Galaxy S8+ for 500 EUR on sale
>no notch, very slim bezels, AMOLED 1440p, has a headphone jack, IP68, wireless charging, fingerprint sensor, 3500 mAh battery
>it cost less than half of an iPhone X yet I wouldn't trade mine for one unless I can sell the iPhone immediately and get another S8+ and pocket the difference

>Notches will disappear within a couple of years.
>buys phone with a notch
you are part of the problem

Why would you want that part of the phone to be screen if your just gonna hide it. Whats the point if content can't be displayed there it just makes it completely pointless.

>not getting a new phone every 2 years

>doesn't need a proximity sensor
It's a smartPHONE, you are supposed to use them to make calls, not just to shitpost.

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-2.jpg (680x656, 57K)

why are white phones so goddamn ugly

Then what's the fucking point of implementing a speaker button on an app?

So what? There are a bunch of phones out here without a notch.

what th fuck are you talking about

Attached: 231nhyk8yv001.png (282x179, 4K)

Have fun holding your phone upside down

You want a phone without a proximity sensor and calls me a brainlet? Go treat your autism.

>Have home phone
>Have proxi- oh wait it doesn't need it

What? The leaked pictures of the Pixel 3 XL don't share the same design of the notch as the Essential Phone does.

Not him, but you are clinically retarded and I have no idea how you even got as far as turning your computer on. You fucking retarded cunt equating a handset home phone to a fucking smartphone. This whole board is full of some of the dumbest people I've ever fucking seen.

>I want a phone without something simple as a proximity sensor
>What? Phones need proximity sensors
>Then why does butterflies eat green tea after midnight¿¿??¿
You are the brainlet here senpai

Actually I don't want a notch or a chin on my phone. Give me one GOOD reason to need one

Give me one GOOD reason to need one

(You)

The notch is stupid as fuck. It serves no purpose and actually degrades the user experience because their full screen photos and videos have a notch missing from them. Also Apple user since 2006.

Hardware buttons.

this would be better than either of those.

I don't give a fuck about symmetry you dorks
don't @ me.

Attached: fixed.png (678x1277, 747K)

Bought OP5 and will hold onto it until they stop making retarded displays. This includes notches, curved corners, curved edges, non standard aspect ratios and resolutions.

Something with meme aspect ratio like Galaxy S8/S9 is the best of both worlds tho. You can those between having screen buttons that will stay always there like hardware buttons or use the whole screen for something else.

Absolutely awful

How is this not the exact same thing as the right but with a black background instead of white? You're talking about a software change, not hardware, which seems to miss the point of the discussion.

Attached: asdfghj.jpg (292x571, 19K)

It is the exact same thing as the right but with a black background. The images in OP's post aren't showing any hardware changes either. Notches are a good thing as long as you can black out the areas to the sides of them.

Like on the right but without the notch.

kys

full screen rounded display, but with a more squared phone body, sensors go in the corners, duh

can i please have one WITHOUT spycam in the front?

20:9 for both status bar and navbar with 16:9 space for content. No rounded corners and no notch. Pop-up front camera like on vivo apex.

I bought one for me and one for my brother at uni... I didn't have any high spectations but so far it has impressed me

If they're going to leave so much chin anyway, why not just put capacitive buttons there and save the screen space?

Fucking retard manufacturers

I don't even use the front camera
When are we going to get nonmeme phones without it

In the eye of the employers, you fundamentally deserve nothing. If they could pay you one dollar less, they would.

I hope to GOD that the Pixel 3 XL has a feature to disable the notch through software. let's be realistic, it's going to have one.

Listen to yourself. Disable the notch? All you're doing is putting a black bar around a very real hardware deficiency, and no matter what OLED panel is used, in the right light and angle, you'll always see the truth; a different shade of black covering up for a dumbass solution.

>taking selfies
have fun being a literal child

I don't care about seeing two shades of black, I care about my notifications and other content being intruded upon.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (750x739, 71K)

Attached: tldrpowell2.jpg (235x258, 20K)

Not living a normal life with no worries about privacy and other communist nonsense

Attached: Obama-Laugh.jpg (3528x2449, 1.42M)

Attached: fixed.png (610x1148, 90K)

>privacy is communist nonsense
Communists are the most anti-privacy of all. Every instance of communism in human history saw incredible human rights abuses, privacy wasn't even a consideration. Privacy is an issue for classic liberals and their philosophical descendants.

What phone?

Just drop the selfie cam and make it all screen

Agreed except you need rounded corners at the top of the screen as well.

What it really needs is no rounded corners at all. Phone manufacturers are taking a stupid fucking nosedive on the notches and corners issue. Because it's all going to be resolved in a couple of years they think what they're doing now doesn't really matter so they're all happily producing shit phones just because that's what everyone else is doing.

Kill yourself you Apple shill

so basically the iphone x for any application that doesn't make use of the top bar? this is 100% allowed in the developer guidelines if people actually bothered to read them

The problem is that simply allowing it in the guidelines isn't enough because most devs won't do it.

rounded corners are fine. it applies to design almost everywhere if you look for it, like the address bar on your browser, the shape of your credit card etc

applel documentation is a mess but that's good to know

>getting a new phone every 2 years

or video conferencing

what's wrong with taking pictures of yourself anyway

yeah