I have a desktop I put together in 2014 and its got an fx 6300 and and r9 280. I kind of want to build a new one...

I have a desktop I put together in 2014 and its got an fx 6300 and and r9 280. I kind of want to build a new one. Should I wait for ryzen 2 or longer than that? I know this desktop now will last me at least 3-4 years before its outdated but still.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (286x176, 3K)

get a 2700 and overclock it
alternatively the 1600 is excellent value

Attached: ryzen.jpg (3584x2592, 1.95M)

Ryzen will run circles around it. If you can afford it, get a 2700 and OC.

if you can wait another year for 7nm, wait.

if you need a PC now, build one now, 2700x is best you can do if you can afford.

Upgrade to 2600k/2700k on a decent motherboard.
Keep the 280X for now.

>k
X

Ryzen 7 2700X is a solid choice right now. Supposedly the next gen Ryzen will release sometime next year on the same socket (AM4) if you can wait. Are you overclocking that FX 6300?

If you get it to 4 GHz or higher it might be ok for a while, depends on what you're doing with it.

If he isn't over clocking that thing, he's wasting it

Pretty much

Attached: 1513056418698.webm (224x400, 2.46M)

arent the prices still ludicrous?

>I intentionally bought FX series to play videogames

get a ryzen, get one at a price u can afford for one. their kick ass

Attached: rodrey.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>fx 6300 and and r9 280
>at least 3-4 years before its outdated
lel

same here, personally will build my next pc in 2020 or 2021 or so because several things release together like ddr5, socket am5, next gen consoles, pcie4 and the end of updates for windows 7. i think it will be a great moment to build a long lasting upgradable pc.

i5-8400 there you go a CPU that shits on Ryzen in games.

I have a ryzen 1600 with an RX580 and its great
One thing for you to consider though: i dont know why but for some reason in about some windows installations it defaults to power saved or balanced power plan even though youre installing on a computer without a battery
I was confused and wondering for 2 days why the fuck my ryzen 1600 was performing way slower than my fx8350 did and eventually i realized that microsoft were big gays and the power plan was throttling the cpu, after setting it to max performance it ran fine
also the stock cooler (wrath stealth) really beat my expectations, i OCd to 3,8 on all cores and OVd to 1,3 and its stable

Fx are truly amazing for overclocking, my 8350 was running 4,8 for 4 years WITH FUCKING AIRCOOLING (it is a massive tower air cooler to be fair but still)

Aircooling is better than aio though.

wew what a throwback, what happened to this guy?

Depends on how much muney are you willing to spend and how much do you need it

>all those X suggestions
Why? Is XFR that great? I got 2600, locked it to 4ghz and pretty happy with it. Memory is a bitch tho, it is unstable with 3200 Hynix, so I had to lower it to 3000 with the same timings.

as if those high clocks mattered

>power plan was throttling the cpu
With the release of Ryzen 2 and overall Ryzen proliferation, has Microsoft fixed this problem yet?
Do we still need a custom power plan for Ryzen?