Shitty battlestation thread

Discuss or show off your crappy setup.

No try hards, humble brags or anything of the sort.

Pic related but not mine.

Attached: cgzBkEe.jpg (1728x3072, 490K)

>reddit

Attached: 1386699631955.jpg (312x312, 34K)

Need some slavs posting in here.

Attached: DSCN0540.jpg (1600x1200, 420K)

Oh please. As if this place is much better than them in #CURRENTYEAR

Quit being a hipster.

>No try hards
what do you think your pic is
that lgbt keyboard was more important than a cheap case?

>Oh please.
>Quit being a hipster.
Your post reeks of insecurity, get back to plebbit

Attached: 262629f.jpg (607x608, 32K)

This is from 3 years ago, I used it only for old games, emulators and weird operating systems

Attached: IMG-20150225-WA0002.jpg (720x1280, 96K)

the same monitor and mouse but I'm a mac fag now

Attached: IMG_20180609_244654427.jpg (2340x4160, 2.09M)

> no adblocker

this is an incompatible fork of firefox for mac g4 called TenFourFox, there's no adblocks. Also 4chin ads dont really bother me.

I like this, really

Do you not see me saying that's not mine?

Dumbass. That is exactly what is crying about. Go to school.

Oh, and shitting on random threads for such a dumb reason isn't being insecure? Don't you have some generic screenfetches to post? Get out of here.

cool as fuck

Attached: desktop.jpg (2580x1472, 1.21M)

i didn't say it was yours either fucking juvenile dipshit

how poor are you?

>heineken
please kill yourself

what's wrong with heineken? i enjoy the taste.

its pisswater, the taste is generic, its mass produced garbage.
Go buy something locally made and try it.
Plus heineken isnt that cheap to begin with.

Attached: 1521597882582.png (1592x880, 887K)

>pale ale
LOL
porters best beers and that is a FACT
also americans do not and will never know how to make beer

there's nothing locally made here in Vegas

Is that a SINGER?

>drinking beer
*both* of you should kill yourselves

He probably just turned or is just under legal drinking age still dude.
I and many others I know had a heineken phase, but we all grew out of it when as we drank different things.

I use a 8 foot long hollow core door that sits on top of two 3 tier wire shelves. It's not my dream desk, but better then Walmarts Mainstays shit. I have this same setup for a year. A few nice benefits is that I don't have to have my chair low to the ground and that its 8 feet long and about 2 feet wide.

But they are

Not pictured is another thinkpad, and a """"gaming"""" laptop that I use normally but it's out for warranty repair. Also I'm working on a new PC build, that case is empty at the moment.

the onions boylents actually got this part right, supporting local business is good, that includes beer

barrel aged is best and if you disagree you're a poorfag

Attached: 0530181929b.jpg (4656x2620, 1.86M)

>also americans do not and will never know how to make beer
Belgian beer best beer.

>mix and match res VGA LCD monitors - 2 were free, dust collectors
>case was curbfind, most of the internals were hand me down
>surround sound system i paid $40 for over a decade ago
>systems are second hand, 360 i stitched together from 3 different systems
>'desk' was a tv stand my landlady tossed out (wasnt broke, just was upgrading), tossed on the top from a shitty Wal-Mart desk that broke apart, using poster tube as spacers
im not 'poor' but im cheap as fuck

Attached: DSCN0115[1].jpg (4608x3456, 3.21M)

Go easy senpai

Attached: first attempts.jpg (960x541, 83K)

Holy fuck that is painful to look at.
Getting an actual desk and any semblance of organization/cable management would go a long ways.

Like I'm thrifty as fuck, but leaning in to use a fucking entertainment center as your desk with shit strewn everywhere sounds kind of like torture.

i barely lean in. seat's low, and keyboard is out and about towards my chest, and many times i use a controller on my PC, unless its an RTS or similar (not a mulitplayer shooter fan). hell, the OG Xbox isn't even connected to that monitor setup, its connected to a CRT to the right via Component. im gonna possibly raise the entertainment center itself, just looking over practical ways of doing so. i may break for a full-fledged desk at some point, but that remains to be seen

Attached: DSCN0103.jpg (4608x3456, 3.39M)

You are living in a time capsule from 2007.

Where do you put your legs? I guess it would work if you sit cross-legged in the chair.
Also 10/10 doggo.

actually not bad for comfort, my legs tuck in decently and arms can kinda hang a bit (having my elbows at a 90 degree angle HURTS, i have arthritis in most of my body, diagnosed at 6 yrs old, so i get joint lock a lot).

Attached: DSCN0121[1].jpg (4608x3456, 3.31M)

>tfw you upgrade to a 6 yo video card and there's no VGA output, your mobo doesn't have a PCIe 3.0 interface and your PSU can barely squeeze out enough juice so you only get 80% performance

no adapter to get VGA? my setup in is using a $5 HDMI to VGA adapter, and a DVI to VGA adapter as well, and my workstation is using a Displayport to VGA adapter, as well.

Heres mine. PC is an i5 2400, 10GB DDR3, R9 285 GPU, 120GB No-name Amazon special SSD.... 1TB Western Digital Blue. 2 Dell 1080 24'' Monitors.

Attached: 20180609_135009.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

Yea I use an adapter and PCIe 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 so I'm good.
Just found it funny that I'm upgrading to a very old card and it's waaaay too new for everything else in my PC.

thats actually pretty decent

yeah im using an old Acer Veriton m480 OEM board in my PC (LGA775 ftw) and its PCIe 2.0 as well, and my 660Ti is 3.0

Shitstation threads > Battlestation threads

>Shitstation threads > Battlestation threads
agreed, it does entertain and impress me more than most of the 'oh look i spent hundreds on RGB and look down on anyone that doesn't use a monitor worth less than a grand!'
i saw the same kinda thinking in a guy who upgraded his 290x to an RX 580 and wondered why he never saw a real gain in performance...

this isn't shitty at all

oh mty lord jesus help this man

have you thought of may bre reading jordan peterson's 12 rule book?

i can literally see where all your cums ended bupo. is it costly to replace kbd regurally

i nut directly into tissues, tyvm!

how did you even get here, who told you about us

Attached: 1519143007326.gif (500x279, 3.02M)

no thanks, he's just trying to be like Dr Oz but a bit more on the right (im a centrist, for the record), and dude believes in a lot of Woo bullshit as well like Quantum Mysticism, and shows no understanding of science outside of his own background (his grasp of DNA like the double helix somehow being known back in biblical times, when people used their left hand as toilet paper, is laughable), which he barely knows in somre regards. Also, far from a NuMale, i worked in the trades as a welder/fabber, hate IPAs, own vinyl because i was alive when it first went out of style, and all of that shit.

Attached: 1479025452512.jpg (2560x1920, 814K)

no thanks, i'd probably have an enclosure for the monitor made and mounted to, im not that much of a fucking Pajeet

Comfy, but that desk looks painful to sit on.

Cool. how much was the R9 285?

Oh, that sucks.

Could you maybe use a pi-hole?

as i show in it's not nearly, and my arms arent cramped up when going WASD. i have a workstation to the right of it that im on now atm, it's wht i do my non-gaming computing on, and is another shitstation, pic related

Attached: DSCN0080.jpg (4608x3456, 3.44M)

Post pillow

I bought it used of Facebook market place for $80. It was only 8~ months old when I got it.

Why?

Is it a boy or a tomboy, does it have a sixpack? Is it fully nude or does it have underwear on. Does the pillow case look good as a whole?
The fastest and most efficient way to answer these questions is to post a picture of it, because we won't have to rely on your opinion on the pillowcase, but facts.

Wow, this isn't /lgbt/ you utter faggots, only delusional losers give a fuck about "muh local craft beer". Go on a fucking wine tasting tour and DONT come back to post about it.
>No try hards

Attached: forkyforky.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Uma delicia.

how much for the doggo?

Is that a long-haired Rem on the wall? Rip that disgusting shit off right now.

Attached: 1528537225366.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Attached: DSC_0368.jpg (3840x2160, 2.57M)

Vai tomar no seu cu, gringo filho de uma puta.
Isso tem nada a ver com o Brasil porém simplesmente TENS que falar este meme merda defasado. Saiba que um dia seremos o maior superpoder da América, espere esse dia com medo... Sua bunda yank será nossa, corno degenerado.

Bad google translation, that's not how a favela monkey speak

u north korean or something?

It's a guy. Rin from Blue Exorcist. The front and back are the same - I also have a 2b (NieR: Automata) body pillow (Actual Dakimakura, full size)

It was a gift, So no. :^)

Attached: 20180609_183705.jpg (3024x4032, 3.14M)

I wanna see the nier one!!!

you dont got enough.

Being foreveralone is great.

This was before I got the pillow to fill it with - It was a bitch finding the right size.

Attached: 20180528_004042.jpg (3024x4032, 3.07M)

Heres the back. (After I got the pillow for it)

Attached: 20180529_104919.jpg (3024x4032, 3M)

I have that same TV stand, bought from Best Buy in 2007ish. Weird stuff.

yeah landlord at the time was tossing it because she got a fireplace, and it was mint besides a bunch of dust. was in my spare bedroom til i moved into a bigger place, and now have a fully dedicated rec room to house it in.

Feel free to laugh at me.

Get that disgusting shit off NOW!!!!

Attached: 1506456987454.png (600x600, 30K)

Fuck. The image was too large.

Attached: 20180610_074111-1328x747.jpg (1328x747, 188K)

Nah.

>Juden Peterstein
Fuck that

agreed. fucking Self Help shit makes a person think they have a problem, when half the time, the only problem is that they're giving a shit-for-brains their money for a book when there isn't a real issue in their life, most times - Peterson is a moron, and psych profs i know at other Ontario Universities like Algoma think he is a laughing stock. Dude also isnt very well rounded with science or the understanding of it or history.

Hi! How did you get from 2005 to our time?

>full-sized keyboard propped up on a laptop
>placed on a fragile piece of plywood
This is ridiculously laughable and I feel bad for you at the same time.

my CRT was made in 2005 109b6 Philips have 2 more in storage.

CRT is optimal but best graphics card you can get is Titan x Maxwell 12gb and they will probably never make good converters for it so when games stop supporting dx12 (feature level 12_1) or 12gb of ram we are fucked but we do get SM6.0 support.

CRT might still be usable for another decade.

it is optimal for gaming after all

My professors never said anything about him until he was asocciated with the alt-right. Now everyone seems to "have been shitting on him before he was widely know"

Maxwell was last gpu to support VGA you see. and the Digital to VGA converters don't support the refresh rate or if they do add lag. :( and there is like 0 demand for digital to analogue video converters so no new better ones will probably be made :(

using a 980 atm. only 2 upgrade choices are 980ti or titan x Maxwell (maybe some radion shit too I guess but not sure they have higher feature set or driver support)

plan to keep using them for as long as possible thou. might have to literally buy like 4 titian x Maxwell or 980ti's to still game on it at 120fps in the 2020s thou that will be annoying shrugs. CRT is worth the trouble thou.

I feel the same about IPAs.

and yer I used a 4k eyefinity 3x portrate setup from 2012-2015 3600x1920 total resolution 60hz

way prefer 1024x768 at 120hz which is about 1k resolution.

gsync and freesync are actually as bad as vsync for esports and crt doesn't need any shit like that to have no tearing of image its just like that stock and it basically already has HDR.

I can see some situations where I might go back to the eyefinity setup maybe if I get into some new blizzard mmo or some thing and 4k was pretty nice in DayZ and WarZ for spotting people really far away ideal setup for me would be to set up eyefinity behind crt and some how morror the center of the screen on the CRT and then have the 3 monitors behind it for more FOV but I don't know how to set that up. maybe possible with some accesablity zoom tool in windows or some thing. hmmm.

but right now I just run solo lonely CRT feels comfy as fuck. you really have to tune the color and brightness and contrast and extra "enhancement" feactures of CRT properly thou when I first set it up it looked literally broken and was bleeding color etc but now its all calibrated properly it looks crispy.

Is that an old sewing machine?

no bully anons. my setup for the past 4 years.
latitude e5410.
this shit got me my job. will join after 1 month. will buy better setup then.

Attached: IMG_20180610_075529.jpg (4096x2304, 476K)

Cleaned it up for the picture. It was a mess of mail and receipts.

Attached: btl-stn-jun-2k18-sml.jpg (3600x2400, 448K)

didnt bother cleaning up, i live in the garage and this is my battlestation

Attached: garage pc.png (385x801, 347K)

I hate it but dont know how to improve , any suggestions?

Attached: 20180610_110750.jpg (2592x1944, 1.41M)

I need one of these micro TVs

hit the thrift stores and even curbfind. had another, but was RF only, and my nephew got it now, he uses it with his SNES sometimes. that one came complete in box (Citizen brand) and even had the wiring diagram in it.

Hiding away that huge ass disgusting RGB desktop somewhere less noticeable would help quite a bit to make it look less like a toy.

Cease existence

Attached: Screenshot_20180610-144334~2.png (1080x887, 929K)

I didn't bother with the thinkpad dock, I did make the monitor stand myself from IKEA wallmount brackets and a drawer front, total of a dollar from the as-is section

Attached: my desk.jpg (674x506, 35K)

>tfw want to have nicer monitors

Attached: sdafasfd.jpg (2686x1632, 1.71M)

matching monitors is big boy points though, goodjob

thanks, 60hz IPS isn't great for games but they are decent IPS panels in a more reasonable aspect ratio than the turbo ultra wide memeshit these days so it's not so bad.

what are the metal looking paperweight blocks?