HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND A STABLE JOB IF I KEEP GETTING AUTOMATED REPLIES...

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND A STABLE JOB IF I KEEP GETTING AUTOMATED REPLIES? IF I HEAR ONE MORE "OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF APPLICANTS" EMAIL I'M GOING TO FUCKING SCREAM!

Pic kinda related I guess.

Attached: 1518762817706.jpg (1600x1162, 137K)

Btw this is for software roles, so it's tech related

Boomer always says you have to have a big gut and be a man, get your suit and tie and walk the fuck right to the CEO and tell him you want the job. Some australian vegemite told Jow Forums recently he did this at IBM and he got the job and promotion right off the door doing that.

Stop applying to large corporations you shill and look for an actual company (read smaller).

They're not really lying.
They might have 2 open positions and receive a flood of 5000 applicants or more.
That's what happens when you lie about there being a shortage.
There was never a shortage in software development, only a shortage of experienced devs willing to accept worse than entry-level wages.

Tried that. They were late on paychecks and tried to file my taxes as a contractor (so they don't have to pay labor premiums).

Move to eastern yurop.

My boomer parents gave me this shit until one of them started looking for work recently and got the exact same emails.

You know what feels even worse?
When you manage to get one phone screen after a few hundred emails and you get turned down because your programming responses don't match their piece of paper.

Attached: kill self 882.png (327x327, 124K)

>your programming responses don't match their piece of paper.
I've had this happen but I argued my way out of it and somehow it worked. I think in my case it was because I was confident about my answer and could explain why I thought it was correct.

Not OP, but I've noticed that more companies are just using sites like Leetcode and HackerRank now. So the test is a giant black box with no feedback at all.

>They might have 2 open positions and receive a flood of 5000 applicants or more.
So they dug their own grave by posting it online?

(OP)
Do you have experience?
Are you leveraging any connections?
What kind of jobs are you applying to? Dev ops? Front end? Full stack? Embedded software?
Are you male? Are you white?
Etc etc

at least you get emails :)

>Do you have experience?
Six months at a shitty three person small business. I got screwed when the guy said he knew how to code.

>Are you leveraging any connections?
Trying to. I need to write back to my old professors from college and see if they have anything.

>What kind of jobs are you applying to? Dev ops? Front end? Full stack? Embedded software?
Mostly full stack. I have some experience in responsive CSS styling and REST APIs, so I was trying to find something that would allow me to grow the breadth of my skills out.

I live in western WA, though, so I've been trying to find work in Seattle/Bellevue to grow my career and network.

>Are you male? Are you not a nigger?
Male and white. I do have a legit autism diagnosis that I have thought about using as a bargaining tool to get more interviews (play the disability card so I can finally gain some real experience), but I haven't figured out the specifics yet.

SHOW UP IN PERSON
Have you ever had a job before? FFS

"Thank you, we'll call you if there's a mach."
>They never call

Also, a ton of offices are now behind electronic locks now.

even in non-tech companies, they do this now
>walk up
>press buzzer
>security and/or reception woman asks what you want
>"hi i want job"
>sorry we dont do that here you have to apply online *click*

Tfw got out of interview super confident and they never called me back

>I'm here for the job o-
>Sorry we only accept online

Attached: 1482990747517.jpg (555x547, 54K)

Attached: boomer wojak.png (290x352, 56K)

That's upsetting. Don't those companies know about copy & paste?

>Some australian vegemite told Jow Forums recently he did this at IBM and he got the job and promotion right off the door doing that.
He said he got kicked out and banned from entering all IBM buildings in 'straya, retard. Get your facts straight.

Join the army, walk into a job when you get out. Try not to die in the meantime.

>Don't those companies know about copy & paste?
You can "disable" that in JS.

That being said, the test is usually step one in a five step, seven week interview process (from initial contact to offer).

Gee.

How about applying to one of the thousands and thousands of smaller tech companies screaming for software developers, instead of going just for the biggest companies who have plenty of applicants because people are stupid?

>believing HR lies
They'll scream, then turn around and advertise "entry level" positions that require 2+ years of industry experience. At no point will they realise the issue.

>get your suit and tie and walk the fuck right to the CEO
Well he's not wrong, 80% of open positions are not advertised.
Also you have to stand out of the crowd, you're in an over saturated market, you think out of 2000 applicants you look the best on paper? Your cv is better than everyone else's?

Get a better CV. It's gotta stand out without them having to dig into details

They have to see it before it can stand out. Connections are important I think.

>i have a phone interview with the GM of some packing company being scheduled next week
i pray he's somewhat technically capable. i hate interviews, and i hate phone interviews more.

Copy the job description and paste it in white on your resume background, then convert it to pdf, before you submit it.

Playing that card might do you do good desu, companies nowadays have to meet certain quotas

This depends on the MOS

>
>Also, a ton of offices are now behind electronic locks now.

Because the CTOs got sick of boomers in suits marching into their offices every day and demanding jobs.

Attached: 1435232920125.jpg (225x225, 8K)

tinder for open jobs when?

You stop caring about what hr needs and collaborate with others who cant find tech jobs and build shit while working at tacobell in the meantime.

Become neet
White abbo here that fella is a small percentile m8 most of xyz are neets and salty poor fags living off bennies the odd cashy and mums tendies daddies dollarydoos

Attached: 1528442742758.png (489x394, 228K)

dont spend so much on avocado toast lmaos

>build shit while working at tacobell in the meantime.
Wasting your years and ruining your career for the rest of your life: the protip.

Better than being a neet with no work history.

Attached: unemployment.png (500x384, 311K)