/rgb/ - RGB General

>What is RGB?
RGB stands for red-green-blue. It's commonly used to refer to a special type of software customizable lighting for computer cases.

>Why do I want lighting in my case?
Mostly aesthetics (as opposed to having a giant beige or black box on your desk). It's also an epeen contest if you're interested.

>Why do I want programmable lighting instead of a static color strip?
Programmable lighting means you can change it. So you can effectively reskin your computer's color scheme at a moment's notice within a split second.

>What company has the best RGB?
This depends on personal preference. Commonly used brands include ASUS Aura Sync, Corsair, and NZXT.

>What RGB components are available?
LED strips, fans, all-in-one liquid coolers, RAM, etc.

>How much does it all cost?
You do pay a premium for the functionality. It's usually about $10-20 USD above the non-RGB version of whatever part you buy.

---------

Anyways, post those lights!

Attached: Corsair-Vengeance-RGB-PRO-DDR4.jpg (1024x683, 123K)

No thanks.

I love that you're showing your support for LGBT issues with your computer hardware. We all appreciate it thanks OP! xx

Listen, OP. I'm not saying you're a faggot. But it's like, there's two possible scenarios here. Either you posted this ironically, or you actually think what you just typed constitutes a good post. And either way, I'm sorry to say it's not looking very good for you right now.

What's wrong with RGB?

kys

Don't be rude. I bet you're cute and have a nice bum. Single?

>Single?
No, I'm married to my Corsair waifu

a thread died for this

OP don't listen to this faggot RGB is amazing

read rule 2 before posting

>variable color changing
nice
>whatever solid color
nice
>RgayB rainbow girly lighting
gay as fuck
>hurrr lights and windowed cases are gay/for kids!
retarded neckbeard incel, probably linux 400lbs virgin american poster

>RgayB rainbow girly lighting
>gay as fuck
Agreed there. The whole point of RGB is that you're not stuck on one color forever, not to spew homo barf everywhere.

This it's very inclusive. Sometimes I like men. Sometimes I like women. I like my RGB lighting to reflect my sexual energy. It's very liberating.

got chink heatsink for my RAM sticks, shit said RGB but its fucking rainbow gay lights

Change the fucking color in the software? What mobo do you have?

its 3pin conector

>What mobo do you have?
assCOCK(asrock) x370 Pro

Anything is a fucking general these days

You probably need a four pin adapter. The three pins govern the color layout with the fourth being a 12v power supply to the LED strips.

whats next? monitors and televisions with rgb leds in them? fuckin boomers

windowed cases are for dumb teenagers and gaymen, but the performance gains and additional cooling you get from having all the colors are well worth it.

Attached: led performance.jpg (700x900, 137K)

Republic Of Gay

SAGED

Where can I find find a small FOSS program to change the light of my MSI graphic card? don't want to install their fucking bloated "gaming app", and I can't turn off the light without it.

Attached: emma.jpg (1080x1080, 115K)

rgb is a retard tax.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Everybody knows that the only acceptable PCs are beige and stained with shit and cigarette butts littered about.

>rgb
>aesthetics
Pick one.