MacOS General

Homebrew edition

How to install homebrew: brew.sh/

Cakebrew: cakebrew.com/

Attached: Homebrew-mac-logo.jpg (840x466, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cakebrew.com/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This belongs in /lgbt/.

This is why Jow Forums posters will never get a job

actually you need everything but macs to get a job
retard

says the person who put themselves in debt buying an expensive piece of trash.
i wonder if apple throttles your cpu like they do in your phones

Cakebrew is a GUI for homebrew? like apt and synaptic?

Homebrew is shit

>in debt

What 3rd world shithole do you come from if you think you need debt to buy a €1200 computer?

When I had a Mac I preferred MacPorts
Much more mature

Homebrew is the replacement for Macports and it's much better.

Yes

>Homebrew is the replacement for Macports
I didn't like it, it was too hacky and fragile
MacPorts just worked
Personally I wouldn't bother with a UNIX toolchain on a Mac, GNU/Linux is much better
After the whole "I can't inverse a binary tree, google is stupid!" incident I can't even install brew ironically

mfw any loonix piece of shit package managers cant have multiple versions of software and change it on demand like brew.

Attached: images (1).jpg (272x186, 8K)

FYI
I could buy two "27 iMacs with basic config every month.

You are just a poorfag idiot bottle pissing WoW gamer.

Attached: 20180510_172321.jpg (4128x2322, 3.67M)

do people really need a GUI for Homebrew? Shit's so easy to use

>earns 4000 a month
>calls other poor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>cakebrew.com/
That's gross. Not even simple enough so brainlets could use it like Ubuntu's GUI store

Blogging about lesbian dance theory and marching with the resistance isn't job, macfag

It’s so much easier to select the options. That’s why I use it for.

Because it’s not for brainlets idiot.

If you want easy, there’s the Mac AppStore. Something that actually has comercial software unlike loonix shit.

Idiot. I make even more than that, but this is what i could easily afford without stepping down on other things.
I could wipe my ass with these money if i wanted to.

why not use the terminal then

> Be ham
> Supposedly care about DIY, homebrewing, fixing radios.
> Supposedly support community.
> Buy a fucking mac.

What a fucking joke.

As if we are going to believe you.

Found the Eurocuck sandnigger. Project more, basedboy.

Spent five years only Linux for work and home as great experience. New job, OSX only: glitchy as fuck, crashes, network is weak, four hundred dongles, homebrew breaks, ugly UI wigs out periodically, no window snapping, workspaces are cucked.

Everyone makes fun of Linux for instability and Windows for pop-up reminders but Mac takes the fucking cake on this one.

Also this.

Attached: 1522513225402.gif (200x145, 1.2M)

> Be ham
Not a ham!!! but radio pirate!!

> Supposedly support community.
Indeed, i support the Natsoc community in my area.

> Buy a fucking mac.
Shlomo, i got you don't like macs, but it serves me well since years.

>comment assumes "we"
>written by a lonefag idiot dwelling on Jow Forums while his mom cleans his basement apartment.

Your mom hates you for being a loser.

Real talk: is macOS fucked in the long run, meaning 10-15 years? Will it gradually merge into iOS? Will there be another release as widely admired as Snow Leopard?

Attached: snow-leopard.jpg (460x296, 35K)

>Not a ham!!! but radio pirate!!
So, you can't pass the amateur radio exam (even though the ARRL posts the question bank), and you own a mac. It all makes sense. You're a complete retard.

>you can't pass the amateur radio exam
I don't think this is possible now that Morse isn't required.

Dude, same.

macOS is such a piece of shit, and I never realized just how bad until I was basically forced to use it.

snow leopard was always bad, get with teh times grampos

Name a good later release.

All these macfags using something other than pkgsrc.

What do you mean?

>So, you can't pass the amateur radio exam (even though the ARRL posts the question bank), ...
Who says i can't pass it. I simply don't want. I have no interest in taking the license.
I could have done this for years because it's easy as fuck.

> ... and you own a mac.
where is the problem? I develop for a sevral environments such as OS X, Windows and Linux.
The mac does it all fine with bootcamp. So where is the actual problem you have (besides being an idiot hater fag).

Why does the majority ham community run windows like a pleb?
At least macos has gnuradio.

Anybody use Alfred? Seems like I could set this up in an amazing way. Wondering if anyone has some tips/

Windows has HRD
So what's the point?
I see no big deal in people using different operating systems.
Use what fits your needs.

didn't you say
>buy a fucking mac

Yes, and now??
Is there any problem with using a mac? I have bootcamp on it and use Windows as well as linux and macos on it. What is your fucking point.
Ass seen in my picture, every fucktard that isn't totally blind, gripped that i am using a mac and still you point on it like a retard as if this were an issue.
WTF is wrong with you?

Show some more brain like pic related (just little). Would make a conversation much easier.

Attached: Willys Köttbullar 1KG.jpg (1003x632, 110K)

I think part of the problem is that apple hardware and software is closed and restricted, to the point that you have to install shitty software like Homebrew to restore some functionality. This goes against the core values of a lot of people in the free/ open source communites as well as people involved in amature radio.

It's literally the best OS. Stability of Windows with a unix file system. Everything JUST WERKS

>Just werks
>Have to install Homebrew to setup suitable development environment.

>have to type in three words to set up a suitable development environment
>somehow doesn't make total sense to this guy that regular consumers don't want developer tools pre-installed

It's almost as if Macs weren't meant to do any real work.

F P B P
/thread

My car didn't come with an aux cord, it must be not have been meant to play music out of

Needu herupu.
When i plug my mac on tv, the sound and image that appears is REALLY bad.
Tried plugging it with windows, by bootcamp, and it works perfectly.
Already tried everything that appears on google first page, but none of them worked.
I can't use only windows, because it can't read my apfs mac disk.
So Jow Forums, what can i do? Herupu me.

>mactoddler poorfag literally lives in his grandma's attic
HOLY KEK

>mac
Found your problem.

I mean I'm sure you've tried this, but what about checking out your display settings? Could be a difference in refresh rates or something, depends on what you mean by bad. Possibly a bad cable?

I fully agree. And your comment makes sense.
But just saying muhhh idiot because of muhh apple is just garbage.
I am a developer but using OSX/macOS has never been an issue for me. And i like using it for consuming media like videos or music. But i also like using Windows for it.
The most average and casual users don't really feel bothered by the lack of possibilities that Homebrew brings back.
To say that every apple user is an idiot is therefore just bullshit.

I have a lot of examples where i had to head to people in order to fix their windows computers because of viruses and shit like that, but i never had to rescue a random apple users OSX from being locked up in a weird way.
There were people i actually recommended to buy an apple next time because i was simply tired on fixing their windows machines every second month. I haven't been called by them for computer related problems ever since.

I like the freedom of Linux and open source, but this just doesn't fit everyones needs and habits.
Autist idiots that worship their respective OS or distribution should at least try to accept that there are other people with other needs and preferences.
I would never call someone an idiot, just because he's using something that i don't chose to use.

I checked, and everything is as meant to be. The cable isn't the problem, it's a brand new one and tried it with other cable, but the results are the same.
When i mean bad, i mean the color is shit (tried changing color perfil), the font is shit and the audio is worst than the integrated sound on the mac.
When you have no option, you must do what you can.

>t. mactoddler

Lol faggot

found the faggot

It just werks, no hacks

I haven't experienced that with the 2016 and 2017 MBPs, which are the Macs that introduced me to the platform.

I had repeated kernel panics with early High Sierra, related to GPU issues, and several bugs that caused complete lockups when using software that works perfectly fine on other OSes (fucking `htop`, of all things). Both bugs that totally wrecked the system were reported before High Sierra (10.13.0) came out, based on public beta releases. Neither was fixed for two major releases, several months later, with 10.13.2.

Had the 2016 MBP replaced with a 2017 one due to intermittent keyboard failure, I guess due to a piece of dust. And in the brand new 2017 MBP I received as a replacement, the webcam just doesn't work at all. It seems to be physically disconnected inside the machine.

If macOS at least _did_ "just work", that'd be one thing, and I'd probably still never want to use it because it's such a constricted environment. But it's actually buggy as hell.

Idk what you mean by "file system", but macOS doesn't follow the File Hierarchy Standard, and HFS+ and APFS are both substandard compared to filesystems like ZFS and BTRFS.

BASED HOMEBREW

NO NEED FOR LINUX ANYMORE BECAUSE ALL THE PACKAGES I USE ARE THERE

seems like a good idea, but after using it for a while, i think i've grown more uncomfortable with homebrew. It is very recommended that you install it to /usr/local, and that you let it lay claim to it with chmod. To me that just seems like a very bad idea. Ended up switching back to macports that is perfectly happy with being contained within /opt.

Lifelong Linux user here. Just got a nice job at a huge tech company and they gave me a MBP. I'm fucking in love with this thing and I can't see myself going back

>t. macfag pajeet that's never used linux

Think we'll see MacBooks running ARM? And what implications would we see in software.

Remember

Attached: sBLRuZY.jpg (1220x608, 154K)

Just got a new sticker.

Attached: IMG_20180609_182709.jpg (2048x1536, 957K)

I've personally never understood the hype about alfred. I hear about all over the internet but I've never seen someone in person use it. I tried it myself and it just seems like too much to configure for not nearly as much convenience. So I B sticking with spotlight.

Bruh don't sweat it over these tards at Jow Forums. Just make fun of them now so they'll feel stupid when they realise macos is legit.

kek, what a madman

>macpajeets jerking it over a botnet that literally sends applel your location data and passes it on to bing
Fucking kek.

Apple should come up with a an alternative OS, more Unix-y, then the DIY community would give a fuck.

>debt
>$1600~ *expensive*

The problem is, he's just a lonely fag. He doesn't approves other people being successful.
PS: It's your own money, you can spend it on whatever you want to.

Jow Forums is the gayest board on Jow Forums

Perfect projection. Especially considering webm related is you, and you admitted that's your grandma's bed.

Attached: pajeet learns material science.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

Which I would still be using if it weren't for certain programs

Reminder that this iPajeet literally outed himself.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/

Wow, Justin Bieber posts here??

>Stability of Windows
Windows is unstable garbage.
>a unix file system
Every UNIX file system except XFS and ZFS are horse shit. Do you even know what a file system is, mactoddler?

Attached: 1511422476618.png (1149x832, 168K)

Homebrew allows you to do ANYTHING you can do on Linux on a Mac

Anyone else using pkgin? It's the best binary package manager I've ever used

>this is what iToddlers actually believe

Don't you have a loo you should be using?

ebin

>Stability of Windows
Not how you sell an OS.

>no window snapping
Spectacle
All the rest... you're kinda fucked

It's true, they give you a Mac when you do get a job

I use MacOS, but it often feels inferior to Linux from a dev perspective, except for the desktop environment and battery life