Efficient Working

What tools and methods do you use to get work done, and stay focused Jow Forums?

Do you just sit there and force yourself to get it done?
Do you listen to music or white noise?
Do you use techniques like this tomato timer?
Do you use any software to block you from using the internet?

What's your thing?

Attached: pomodoro-technique.jpg (226x180, 8K)

I listen to Retrowave and KPop unironically using my Samsung U7 mp3 player and Xiaomi Inears

Work with a laptop at burgerking after my normal job, listening to the doom soundtrack

I go to the nearest mountain and turn my phone off.
Going to do that right now.

Attached: IMG_20180609_140226.jpg (3200x2400, 2.49M)

>Do you just sit there and force yourself to get it done?
More or less. I force myself to stop shitposting on Jow Forums or other forums (like comment sections). I sometimes do this, and it's a huge time drain. I also have a friend that likes to discuss on Messenger, so I just temporarily mute him so I don't get caught up in a discussion.

Discussing is my Achilles heel, when I just avoid that, all other procrastination (like reading news) becomes boring after a while, and I just start working.

>Do you listen to music or white noise?
For reading, I need silence, because it's too distracting with music.

For programming, I usually listen to some low key electronica, EDM, house or sometimes jazz. For concentration work like programming, I prefer music that's not too complex and doesn't have any lyrics.

>Do you use techniques like this tomato timer?
I used to do Pomodoro, but I found out I could work as efficient without. Taking regular breaks is a key point here, but it occurs naturally when I need to go to the toilet or get some more coffee.

>Do you use any software to block you from using the internet?
I used to when I experimented with a desktop extension for pomodoro timer, but I found out that I spent even more time working around it to access Jow Forums, so I gave that up.

Yeah, K-Pop does the work for me . Cause they're good beats, and I can't sing along to them even if I wanted to

See below.

Yes.
No.
No.
No.

See above.

the fuck, are you me?
I work with my laptop at burgerking right now (while listening to retrowave and kpop).
The thing about burger king (at least in germany) is, that the height of the tables is absolutely perfect for work. The benches covered in pleather are comfy af. And the best thing is that they have these refill stations where you can get as much water/softdrinks as you want.

Well im i Sweden and i ho to BK cuz its the closest to my offices.
I have a USB with puppy Linux installed so I can use my company x1 carbon without "using it".
Here in Sweden bk doesn't have free soda refills (IKEA does...) But I can refill with ice and water at least. I also like working at the bk because they have a second floor that is like a balcony with big windows so I don't have to hide in a corner to be by myself , no one goes up there unless all seats are taken on the main floor for some reason.
And having a puppy install to work from helps since I have just about no distractions beside the browser. No discord , Skype or steam! I highly recommend it!

i wear a wristwatch

Panic after i realise that i wasted my time and do it on the last 30 minutes. Rinse and repeat.

I don't work

Im more with meditation frecuencies and stuff like that while program/studing. Im not sure if real or meme but in the last times i been avoiding 440hz as much as i can.
I feel much better than before, maybe is just placebo, no idea.

From my experience the 52/17 is better than pomodoro.

Waste half my time
Panic, then rationalise how I can still get the task done in the new time limit and relax
Repeat literally ad infinitum

How did that even come up, the numbers seem so specific.

I've always just avoided meditation and stuff like that. Mostly because it's so hard to not think about anything and have a blank mind. I don't even know how that can be done. It always seemed a meme to me.

I just have a big music library with tons of videogame soundtracks and keep a filled glass of water in front of me the whole time.

I end up drinking almost unintentionally and its healthy and the frequent pee breaks help stretch my legs

I program about 8hrs a day, but usually end up having a break every 30 or 40 minutes (see pee above)

Don't use pomodoro or site blocking shit. If you don't have discipline to focus on work you will always wander off, regardless of what's in front of you. Just work on your focus and eventually you'll work through anything. People can get used to anything given enough time

I stop being a bitch and do it

Oh and I also drink green tea. Green tea is goat.

Its hard, patience and practice. The brain works LIKE a muscle and you have to train it. I dont meditate as much as i want, but basically you try to focus in some kind of void from thinking. If you think in something, or some think appears in the wild, you need to go back to nothing. Its hard but that is the excersice.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1160x772, 1.16M)

I set goals (sometimes minigoals). Then write them in physical notebook.
Then I code.
Then when I complete the feature, I strike it from the list.

That strike feels so good.