/wt/ WATCH THREAD, Vintage digitals edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people (unironically):
youtube.com/watch?v=ADdpGdlOifs

>Thread theme (unironically):
youtube.com/watch?v=N9hIpjiGDq4

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread

Attached: citizen_anadigitemp.jpg (600x450, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

countycomm.com/products/sr-35-diver-automatic-watch
youtube.com/watch?v=5fdGagCA8oc
vincerowatches.com/pages/the-vincero-story
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a fuckin' watch

Attached: DSC_0002c.jpg (1500x1000, 367K)

First for Tudor Heritage Black Bay.

Attached: 17.jpg (3820x2160, 2.83M)

Of course a fucking Seikoposter subhuman comes in and shits up the thread.

I hope you catch a fast spreading flesh eating disease from your cereal tomorrow morning.

Why would you say this? Seiko is a watchbrand and this is a watch thread. How would posting his seiko be shitting up this thread? What kind of dumb-witted person are you?

So I've got a relative who needs a really tough analogue watch priced below $250 USD. For context, they managed to abuse an SKX enough to write off the movement in a year.

They want an analogue watch and not a G-Shock. Right now I'm thinking a Citizen BN0150/0151 eco drive diver is probably the toughest watch I can get within budget. I considered a Casio Lineage with a tough movement, but the multiple functions will probably be too complicated for them.

Any have any other potential candidates worth investigating for a tough sub $250 analogue quartz?

Attached: 7b8020960273ab836b1ab1f53712d2a4.jpg (768x1024, 84K)

Seiko is a dogshit brand who make dogshit watches. Posting a Seiko watch in a watch enthusiast thread is the equivalent to heading to /o/ and making a thread dedicated to a BMW 116d.

Fucking kill yourself you subhuman.

He was angry because things like posting his rep first in a new thread are the biggest achivements gets nowadays.

Don't feed the ChinkBay faggot (You)s, please. He's very upset by the ragged tin can edge under the bezel of shitty fake Tudor and shits up /wt/ every day to try and make himself feel better. Just ignore him.

Attached: 1523375878138.jpg (576x795, 337K)

You will find that many here disagrees with you. Seiko may not produce the most interesting watches, but they are undeniably a house with decent heritage and with decent in-house watches.

Let me seil this post with the exact same watch with black dial.

Attached: 20180526_223918.jpg (893x1606, 355K)

How could I know he was the fake tudor guy? Fuck...

Please don't feed baiters

t. OP

Attached: roimex.jpg (1024x818, 128K)

QUICK WRISTWATCH CHECK

Attached: 20180609_151137~2.jpg (2676x3999, 2.22M)

>hehe mom I posted it again xxdddddddddddddd

Seiko are trash and you need to fucking kill yourself as soon as possible.

Before fake Tudor guy became known for that buying that chinkshit fake, he'd already been here for at least a year permatrolling /wt/ shitposting about and posting Jow Forumsmemes about Seiko day after day after day. Most of the time you see people shitposting about Seiko in here, it's him.

Wearing my SKX enhanced today so I have it as a comparison reference to the Citizen ecodrive diver I'm going to go check out in person today.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180530_152551.jpg (1533x1533, 895K)

Cheap watches for a 6.5 inch wrist?

SNK80X

Tudor Heritage Black Bay.

No you fucking cunt, have you ever considered that some people don't regard shitty Seiko trash as the be all and end all of watch collecting? Generic white dial trash on a SS bracelet doesn't suddenly become amazing just because "Seiko" is written on the dial.

Fucking kill yourself you bag of shit.

Attached: bait.webm (1912x792, 358K)

He's mad his "first for" post wasn't first.

Ok, I'm too new to know that.
I honestly think that people with fake watches are the most sad people to ever wear any kind of watch. ANY watch that is not a fake, is better than ANY fake. In fact I like people with no watches a lot better than people with fake watches. No fake watch owner will ever get a nod from me. The only thing they will receive from me is odium and disdain.

Someone post this rection webm or gif that does not include that girl at the end.

6.5 inch is "big" enough to wear almost any watch you'd like, as long as it's not more than 42mm and lug to lug 48mm.

No one cares about your shitty opinion, I don't care that some weeb faggot with five inch wrists and some junk Seiko on his arm doesn't like my Tudor replica.

Nobody like fake watches user. I bet in your life you tell people it's a real Tudor, but if they knew you wore a fake watch they would think it's quite silly. You might be a likable person but I can guarantee that they think wearing that thing is silly if they know the truth. They keep it to themselves but that is what they think with 99,9% certainty. Lmao, you spent several hundred dollars so that people would think you are silly, haha. I think that is quite funny.

People who waste money on fake watches are just showing you that they don't actually have any interest in watches from an horological or technological perspective, they are only interested in the perceived "prestige" associated with the brand, essentially with the marketing surrounding that brand, rather than with the actual watches themselves.

They are exactly as pleb as people who buy designer brand fashion watches, in exactly the same way. Only which brand's marketing they want to attach to themselves is different.

Shitty bait, no one ever has been asked about their watch unless it's something special like a solid gold Submariner. I'd absolutely tell someone my rep is a rep if they asked. Stop being so assblasted over it.

Again, very, very poor bait. You're acting as though buying a replica of one of the most embarrassing brands in the industry is a shameful thing.

>They are exactly as pleb as people who buy designer brand fashion watches
They are actually lower than these, even. Because those people at least buy something that is universally understood as fashion pieces, wheras fake watch buyers actually try to fool people into thinking they have some expensive luxury watch lmao.

just want a speedmaster but its gonna be 10+ years before I can spend $6k on a luxury item

Attached: aaaaaahhhhhhh.png (587x488, 275K)

What model is the Roman numeral Seiko on the left?

>guys what is 0% finance

Any good/passable leather straps for under 20 bucks? just looking for black leather, nothing fancy.

Same here, I'm ready to pay however. I just don't know whether I should due to its size. I want to, but I'm not sure.

Attached: speedmaster.jpg (1154x2055, 436K)

>going into debt over a watch

You just have to spend 1.6$ a day f-am it's not that much and I bet you could do better.

how come that one hungarian batterymonkey keeps getting banned but fake tudor tumor doesnt?

New strap Saturday. Anyone know if panatime straps are worth a damn? Ordered three because DEALZZZZ.

Attached: wrgkwejrg290349tyujefidgnwegw.jpg (2072x1468, 741K)

>debt
>0% finance
I see you're a retard.

If you're ever offered 0% and don't take it you're a fucking moron as it's money you can spend elsewhere (i.e. investments), there's literally no reason to not take 0% finance ever unless you're the kind of cuck who can't afford the item in the first place.

Omega is in real trouble and you'll get 0% and likely a discount without much hassle anyway, it's fucking stupid to not get one of their watches on finance.

Get the 39

I can't be banned, the moderators like me too much.

I can't get finance on anything as I'm not a permanent resident

Do you now know what debt means? The interest rate has nothing to do with the fact that you now owe someone money.

The 39 is 39.7 ~ 40mm, and the pro is 40mm too excluding crown guards. I don't gain much if I buy FOIS, other than the sad fact that it's not really the moonwatch which will bother me to some degree.

*not know

Omega is NOT giving loans LMAO that is just the most rediculous notion I've seen in here ever.

What does the debt matter if:

1. You would have had to pay the debt in full otherwise anyway
2. If the company folds you get off scott free

?

Do I need to come over to your house and assfuck your wife?

Debt = owing money to someone

Debt =/= owing interest on said money

If you are financing period it usually means you don't have the disposable income available to buy outright, which means you probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Maybe you just do some synthol injections on your wrist

Post a picture of your biggest watch next to your smallest watch.

Attached: 20180609_094639.jpg (1592x1414, 1.9M)

>t. omega viral marketing

Omega is fucked, big time. I could have a Speedy on my doorstep tomorrow morning with a hefty discount and on 0% finance, try doing that with Rolex lmao.

IF YOU ARE OFFERED

ZERO PERCENT

FINANCE

AND DONT TAKE IT

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON

PLEASE LIST THE DOWNSIDES

GO

I DARE YOU

FUCKING RETARD

Seiko makes value-centric watches with excellent durability and reliable movement for the money you pay.

Attached: dslkfj243oi4fhwoeifhjwopeifjwf.jpg (2141x1618, 966K)

Not true, Omega is doing great financially.

>If you are financing period it usually means you don't have the disposable income available to buy outright
If I have the cash on hand to buy something and I'm offered 0% financing on it, I can throw the money into any interest-earning vehicle until the loan matures and end up with more cash than I would have had if I bought it immediately. The only reason not to do this would be if I were to irresponsible to keep track of my liabilities.

Attached: 20180521_100726-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 1.82M)

I'm pretty sure this original topic came up because the user did not have remotely enough money to buy a $6k watch. In that context, taking out a $6k loan for a watch, even with 0% interest, makes you a fucking moron.

Or you can buy it outright and put the money you would have been using to pay off the financing into investments. Difference being that buying outright means you are free and clear if something happens and you need to divert money into something else besides investments.

>the money you would have been using to pay off the financing into investments
Maybe you don't get what 0% financing means? If I buy a $5k watch with 1 year of zero percent financing, I pay nothing now, and pay $5k in one year. There is no interest and no other payments to "pay off the financing"

Hey user, whats that third watch, the one with the trident?

Morning.

Masterrace coming through.

Attached: F-91W-1SDG-0.jpg (500x639, 162K)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: MMMMMMMMMOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVE.jpg (1483x640, 96K)

Maybe you don't get that "paying off financing" means paying off the principle balance, with or without interest.

>0% financing and putting 5k into investments immediately
You are indebted to an entity for 5k until paid off.

>Paying 5k up front and putting another 5k into investments over the next year
You are never indebted to anyone. What you are suggesting is retarded and only makes sense for someone who doesn't have the 5k to spend in the first place.

I would rather put 10k into investments for one year with the liability to pay 5k in one year than pay 5k now and put 5k in investments for one year. Are you saying you'd prefer the second option?

Maratac SR35 "diver"

countycomm.com/products/sr-35-diver-automatic-watch

Micro brand that does small batch runs. Fun watch, pretty sure they are running a batch of black body upgraded ones now.

Attached: 65468468468465468496846.jpg (1512x1916, 1.08M)

Yes, because I prefer to be as debt free as possible at any given time. I also tend to live within my means, so if I wanted to invest 5k and buy a 5k watch I wouldn't attempt to do either unless I had the money on-hand to do it NOW.

But if you had the money on hand to do it now (i.e., you had 10k cash on hand), and say you had a risk-free savings account paying 1%, you would prefer to invest 5k now and pay 5k now, rather than invest 5k now, put 5k in a savings account now, and pay 5k in one year, a scenario which always ends up with you being $50 richer, with zero additional risk, than the first scenario?

If the answer is "yes, because the psychological impact of knowing that I have an outstanding liability I have to pay, even though I've set aside money in a risk-free vehicle to completely cover that liability, outweighs the financial benefits", I suppose that's a consistent view to have, but I'm surprised.

Nice tuna.

Attached: IMG_20180609_161102.jpg (1920x2560, 1.65M)

I get what you are saying, but the answer is yes, being in a position to owe debt to no one is worth more to me than the potential for a $50 gain.

That Vostok is really nice.

Is it a Seiko bezel or a Meranom one?

It's from am watches.

Thanks user, Ill keep an eye on them when I get the funds

It's really nice baka desu.

Anyone else preorder the new Seiko Galante "Peacemaker"?

Attached: SBLL025.png (600x750, 638K)

Do you like to match your watch with your bead bracelets or do you have signature bead bracelets you wear every day?

Attached: IMG_2534.jpg (800x800, 155K)

I personally like the contrast these make.

Attached: IMG_1235.jpg (500x500, 72K)

Attached: IMG_1042.jpg (2287x1908, 2.26M)

Attached: IMG_1422.jpg (704x704, 115K)

Attached: DSC_0004b.jpg (994x800, 260K)

>paper and rubber bracelets
>time is 911
Tasteful combination my friend

Attached: IMG_1053.jpg (600x600, 84K)

Attached: IMG_1055.jpg (2112x1578, 775K)

Attached: IMG_1215.jpg (652x676, 155K)

Attached: IMG_1233.jpg (800x800, 553K)

>gold
>time
>love
>power
>in hunger?
seems like someone forgot to properly translate their Latin. 'Fame' is the singular ablative for 'fames' meaning hunger. If they truly meant Fame then they should have used 'laus' 'gloria' or 'fama'.

I looked up whether TGV has the same Omega I got, but Jesus is that cringy faggot hard to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fdGagCA8oc

Attached: 20180608_184130.jpg (4160x2340, 2.93M)

vincerowatches.com/pages/the-vincero-story

Attached: 1527806779845.png (599x536, 477K)

Attached: IMG_1241.png (698x766, 1.06M)

Attached: IMG_1244.jpg (1440x1920, 261K)

I feel like I've read this at least a dozen times before.

imagine how many poor and underfed chinese girls they fucked while in china for all those years

>women
>in China

Attached: IMG_1459.png (566x712, 794K)

>It was a coincidental meeting halfway around the world that sparked the idea for Daniel Wellington. On this trip, our founder Filip Tysander met an intriguing British gentleman with impeccable yet unpretentious style. The man had a particular fondness for wearing his vintage watches on old, weathered NATO straps. His name? Daniel Wellington.

Attached: sword_trench_and_fedora_by_lycanboy981-d6gdkkf.jpg (640x480, 55K)

His name is Daniel Wellington.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Attached: IMG_1686.jpg (600x600, 42K)

How did you like his omega?

Attached: IMG_2114.png (770x768, 1.12M)

What are some good skx007 and skx009 alternatives to look at before jumping the gun? Have been putting off snagging one for many years but am about to pull the trigger.

Attached: 64dfhb65df4b6d5f4g6df5g4.jpg (1148x1246, 388K)

Attached: IMG_2311.jpg (640x640, 114K)

Attached: IMG_2387.jpg (1000x1000, 243K)