Chinese x86-64 CPUs coming soon

The Middle Kingdom will soon have their very own line of competitive CPUs with "most" of the architecture based on AMDs ZEN CPUs. This is the result of a joint venture between AMD and Haiguang Information Technology. It kind of makes sense that China wants their own line of CPUs from a security perspective.

I have seen zero news outlets reporting on this so far, I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't kernel support being added to this new line of CPUs.
lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1806.1/00730.html

These probably won't be available outside of China but it's interesting (and there's always sites like aliexpress and epray).

Attached: keumjo_1217_19367185_477933245878919_541134938351599616_n.jpg (1080x1350, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

centtech.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cute whore

I'd be excited to see an opportunity to get a CPU without ME nor PSP, but we're talking Chinese here so no dice.

At least now the CPU market will be democratic because we can choose between American or Chinese botnet

Based Lisa screwing the joos AGAIN

>talking about chinese
>posts a korean
white piggu go home

Attached: nnbGDSEo7YT.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>處理器命名爲“撲譖”

Nice double chin.

>the chinese made x86 Intel CPUs and now will steal knowledge from AMD
noice. cheap chinese x86 CPUs when?

>naeun
brb

> not wanting to nibble a qt gook's thicc chin

based top tier april fan

Soon every country will have their own CPUs with their very own backdoors

>These probably won't be available outside of China

How do you figure that?
I see no reason the chinese wouldn't push hard to be internationally competitive.

AMD undoubtedly made them sign a non-compete agreement

Because they would be held over the coals for stealing tech from both Intel and AMD and not paying licensing fees

I blame Mao.

It's called communism
When the Chinese were run by empirical dynasties, they were innovators because they had a kingdom to expand/defend
Their innovation switched to how well they can steal classified schematics and apply the technology to their benefit

What are you talking about? Exactly nothing came out of all their inventions while the west saw the industrial revolution because the emperor and his eunuchs were usually idiots that already lived comfortable lives and were afraid of anything that could improve the situation of peasants potentially threatening their power. In addition to that they had so many people to do work for them their rulers saw no need to develop devides that would improve efficiency either or safety because they didnt care how many people died during construction.

So you're saying nothing's changed except the titles and the name of government? Seems about right

>cute
keumjo is totally cute but she's no whore, how dare you say that

>cheap chinese x86 CPUs when?
They can't be that far away given that kernel support for these CPUs are added now. Then again, we've yet to see those VEGA12 AMD GPUs materialize even though it's almost been two months since kernel support was added (reminder, RX 4XX was POLARIS10, RX5XX POLARIS12, Vega56/64's VEGA10).

I am just guessing from the kernel patch test quote written by Pu Wen
>high performance x86 processor for China
server market
it must be unfortunate to have a name that sounds like "poo when" in English.

not necessarily, it is a joint venture with AMD. Don't forget that it's called AMD64. Intel does have a lot of relevant patents, though.

totally

Attached: 11754734_844986975609585_2626860530703890832_o.jpg (1365x2048, 111K)

you guys honestly think they are not going to steal and rip-off every aspect of this technology? We're going to see these cheap chinese processors shitting up the market for the next decade. AMD should back out now while they still can.

Nice bullshit

Something's going on behind the scenes with AMD meeting Chinese leaders and discussing things.

It's called The Middle Kingdom for a reason

Attached: communist-conspiracy.png (1080x1348, 1.08M)

Interesting. Wonder how this will play out, especially given that we're getting chinko X86 CPUs without this anyways thanks to VIA.

Unlikely. They are still two generations behind, at 14~20nm range. They can put pressures on semiconductor companies to base their next gen fabs in China or poach TSMC staff etc. but these kind of thing take really long time. Chink DRAMs will probably be a thing in 5 years but I don't think chink CPUs will be coming within a decade

Dude go back to .

>based on zen
So... American CPUs coming soon. We have those already. No news here, just some custom cheapy chinky rebranding to appeal to local markets.

TSMC's already making chips in a fab in Shanghai, China. Also, Taiwan (Chinese Taipei), where they have most of their facilities, is a part of China.

Attached: Chae+Eun+Sexy+Blue+Bikini+(6).jpg (1280x853, 215K)

Taiwan is not a part of the PRC you stupid commie

taiwanese detected

t. filthy dog eating mainlander

>Also, Taiwan (Chinese Taipei), where they have most of their facilities, is a part of China.

hahahaha, you retarded chink.
Tiananmen Square 1989 六四事件

>implying the Glorious Communist Party of China won't take over Taiwan
u mad?

please just go back to shitting on the sidewalk in Hong Kong, you dumb mainland peasant

I just love Asian girls

Attached: b4f2c84195c325aeda923977c063be4d--beauty-art-asian-beauty.jpg (736x1104, 88K)

All chinks see themselves as Korean and their sex bots will resemble Korean.

They look like featureless depersonalised soul less insect androids tbwhwyf

it's a bigger deal than that. AMD's only got 30% of the joint venture, so they are basically surrendering the whole Chinese market for some reason. It'll hurt Intel badly too.

>sex bots will resemble Korean
unlikely. what is JAV?

Attached: jp5k7ij3qamy.jpg (1200x1800, 308K)

>The Middle Kingdom will soon have their very own line of competitive CPUs
Impressive.
With this most recent achievement, fate has in a single stroke, marked the decline of the west and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Chinese dragon, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of western powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. With the blessings of Chinese quantum direct-current electricity, quantum aircraft carriers and quantum enhanced railguns will be the instruments with which China affirms its noble stewardship of 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world a different option; an humanist alternative to the depredations of Western leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

is this Jow Forums pasta or does it originate in Jow Forums, Jow Forums, or something else?

she does look like a chink though

>you guys honestly think they are not going to steal and rip-off every aspect of this technology?
Because then AMD wont work with them anymore. I can't imagine this company can develop the arch further if they had to license it i the first place.

now that some other places have written about this I'm seeing a lot of references to
>it's now illegal for US companies to sell high-performance CPUs to China
if true then this partnership makes sense, AMD can profit from selling Zen-based EPIC and Threadripper parts without selling them directly.

the only minor detail that doesn't make sense is how AMD isn't violating anyway when they license their technology to a Chinese company they have a 30% ownership of.

Attached: Kim Chung-ha 001.jpg (1000x1500, 204K)

Good. Intel and amd chage a premium for x86 because of the compatibility with the 95% of software. Cheap chink x86 may be able to fix this.

If proprietary software wasn't so omnipresent companies wouldn't need to worry so much about backwards compatibility.

They wouldn't get much done either...

This is nothing new really. VIA, a Taiwanese company, had their own line of x86-compatible processors in the 1990s. They were fairly cheap but tended to perform quite badly compared to Intel or AMD chips.

Taiwan isn't a communist human rights nightmare though.

The Pretend Republic of China doesn't have shit on the real Republic of China.

VIA bought their x86 tech from Centaur, which still exists as a separate subsidiary

centtech.com/

Attached: PRC.png (1024x683, 18K)

The Taiwanese actually believe that Taiwan really IS a part of China, they just believe that the Communist government isn't legitimate, but the Republican government is. They're both wrong obviously, and on all counts. First, Taiwan (correct name Formosa) doesn't belong to China, it's rightful Japanese clay. Second, the rightful government of China is the Qing Imperial Government.

Oh boy, another Cyrix. Hell it might make sense for the Chinese but no Westerner would want one. The Pentium G5600, Ryzen 3 1200, and Ryzen 3 2200G already cover every use case in the poverty tier.

you are wrong, taiwan and japan will soon be part of communist china :^)

Sure thing, Zhang.

>Pentium
oh no, that's not it at all. The entire market segment you're thinking off isn't relevant to this deal, it's all about AMD's Zen-based EPIC and Threadripper CPUs - the highest HIGH-END server parts. These are the ones which - like Intel's Xeon processors - have export restrictions. It's all about getting around those. There are no export restrictions on now-end Pentium-tier CPUs.