cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Upgrading

Attached: 1518238554743.png (782x872, 293K)

Tell me how it works out.

>Devuan
Give it back.

Dev One, stupid amerimutt

made me chuckle

>Devuan is ready when you are.

ready to do what? get btfo'd on all fronts by superior systemd distros?

>devuan.org/
Fantastic. I installed the RC yesterday. Bretty gud distro desu.
Upgrading tomorrow.
Thanks for the hint !

Ready to fuck you in the ass.

Nice! I just did a fresh install of debian about a week ago but I might go with devuan when it’s time for debian 10, assuming it releases in a reasonable time frame.

>OpenRC
how is it actually better?

What's wrong with openrc?

it's potring free.
It's like heaven, nigger.
kys if you (((systemd)))

kek

Debian 9 (Stretch) without SystemDachau.

Excellent!

Well it took them a year to get stretch out, I imagine they'll be behind time on buster, too. Init scripts are a ton of work, and Devuan isn't exactly swimming in manpower.

You are easily amused.

I've read a user saying some time ago that because it doesn't use systemd, packages would have problems and often needed workarounds, it's that true? If yes, is it fixed? If no, tell me to go fuck myself

Attached: 1525330543482.jpg (684x524, 24K)

Apply here:

devuan.org/

The whole point of devuan is to overcome this issue.

>init scripts are a ton of work
not a problem in systemd :^)

I would unironically rather run daemontools or something based on it

Ein Reich !
Ein Wolk !!
Ein init !!!

Any questions?

How would you upgrade this thing?

Cool argument!

using an adware program designed to mount isos as a system init ;^)

Attached: abortion-coathanger-little-girl.jpg (720x960, 73K)

You're pretty clueless.
>muh irony
You're also some kind of obnoxious fag.

The Devuan torrent wants to pull down 22 Gb!
They should have individual torrents for the iso's.

Do they have runit?

nah just silly name collision
cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
runit is based on it, although runit was made by retards so it used to be buggy as hell

Attached: 61c.jpg (640x480, 77K)

Explain.

>it's potring free.

so it sucks? why are people so buttmad by how superior pottering is to them?

I installed it 1 hour ago

He's like Midas just with feces instead of gold.

Congratulations!

Another prisoner has escaped SystemDachau.

Attached: fucking-retarded.gif (220x121, 92K)

Could the compression from social media be any worse on this

why did you reinvented the wheel dumbass

nise engrish

>changing a piece of a flexible system is bad

I've been using Devuan (the latest RC) on my main work computer for the last few weeks. I have done zero workarounds. Life seems to be the exact same as when I was on Ubuntu so far.

Change your sources to the new ones and upgrade.

Best post in thread.

No? Do you know how to torrent?

I just want to laugh

Go fuck myself

This.

What even are the differences? Looking it up it says systemd is newer with better security. Why does Jow Forums have a hard on for init?

The strawman is real

>ein Wolk
Oh boy, sounds like "one cloud" if someone drunk said it.

>he doesn't use the already updated derivative distros of Devuan

Attached: teaU.jpg (200x200, 6K)

Not really Lennart free, it comes with Pulseaudio and it's basically impossible to escape Freedesktop insanity on any popular *nix
Refracta avoids Pulse ootb, antiX does too

Does it make any sense to install devuan and then use any jetbrains ide?

like what?

This Debian based? Too lazy to research. Currently in Manjaro don't care about systemd

> Devuan is ready when you are.
Which means it's never ready.

similar question to but arch bang

google is ur friend

It's debian without systedmd.

Lost

what is the benefit of getting away from systemd?

no botnet
systemd has security issues

There's a LOT of reasons why people don't like it, and I think the people who don't like it all likely have their own reasons for not liking it.

Here's a posting about someone discovering a massive memory leak that used up 4GB of ram. While I have yet to see something this massive, I have definitely noticed Systemd using more memory than the alternatives, and some leakage here and there as well.
serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime

Some see it as an unnecessary security risk due to its massive attack surface. It recently hit 1 million lines of code.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity

Some don't like it because they dislike its habit of scope creep. The project ends up assimilating things that historically should not have anything to do with init. gif related.
suckless.org/sucks/systemd

There's also some other design decisions that people have an issue with, such as using Google DNS by default (because of course systemd can handle DNS), using binary logs, etc.

Lastly there's the conspiracy theory side of it, which alleges that systemd is an NSA attempt to compromise GNU/Linux, and due to Systemd as a project moving way too fast, it can't be properly audited.
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/

For more links and arguments, see:
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

Attached: Systemd_anigif.gif (200x133, 772K)

To expand upon the point made here about Google DNS, pic related

Attached: SystemdDNS.jpg (1432x1700, 785K)

It's mostly philosophical reasons for me. Also the reason I use gnu/linux. So I can have choices like this.

I've just installed Parabola OpenRC edition, and I'm linking it, had some experience in gentoo. I might try Devuan later

And to top it off, here's a very lovely issue involving systemd being able to brick motherboards due to unnecessarily mounting the EFI vars as read and write instead of read only.

Attached: fucksystemd.png (1280x2084, 619K)

OMG! THEY CHOSE A RELIABLE DNS ! HOW DARE THEY!

They chose a DNS from a company that is known to be a danger to user-privacy.

I don't see how this distro can claim to support init system diversity while at the same time not supporting systemd

fuck off kike, you want systemd, get a systemd distro

I could, but it seems awfully hypocritical to claim to support init system diversity while specifically refusing to support one of them.

Add the banned repo and manually install it, yid. It doesn't stop you.

It's linux you fucking kike. Nothing stops the computer administrator from compiling and installing systemd.

That's not the point. I'm talking about what is actually actively supported in the official distro.

Devuan is about having the freedom to NOT use systemd. Take your kike gymnastics and burn in hell.

I'm glad kde is an option in the installer now

Attached: dark_as_my_soul.png (1366x768, 463K)

I'm just quoting what the developers themselves claim:
> Init Freedom is about restoring a sane approach to PID1, one that respects diversity and freedom of choice.
So they're either lying or love talking in euphemistic SJW-style bullshit.

>where ever I go, I must also undermine and destroy

Attached: 1500333148016.png (360x408, 105K)

It's a nice distro.

It's not a conspiracy to point out talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You can remove the block or just add the blacklisted repo and it should work fine because the repo will replace the modified programs with the systemd support variations.
It's still linux, nothing stops you from changing whatever the fuck you want.
Go be a kike somewhere else.

why should i use devuan, what's it do different

>we don't use systemd and change programs to no longer require it
It's just debian with systemd dependencies removed or altered so that you're free to choice your init system. Something that escapes a certain individual.

Again, the point is not that you can do anything with linux, it's with the developers dishonesty. You cannot claim to support diversity and freedom of choice and then turn around and say "well...except for that specific choice, fuck them". We have enough of this nonsense in politics without linux distro developers using the same lines of reasoning without a single hint of irony.

Attached: 1525820170664.png (646x595, 323K)

Not OP but doing great, I wish Devuan were available for my SBC, you do 't imagine the things I have to put with systemd clogging the package manager.

It's entirely just you twisting the manifest to suit your need of psychologically nullifying the devout.
It's debian, re-purposed to allow any init system. If you want systemd, install systemd.
So fuck off kike.

>It's debian, re-purposed to allow any init system
...except systemd! See, you're doing the same thing!

Because if you want systemd, you wouldn't use devuan.

>we hate systemd with a passion
>we have no time to mantain the packages need to use debian with muh sysvinit/openrc
>let's mantain a complete distro instead!
Average systemd detractor logic in a nutshell.

That's irrelevant. The point is that the developers are purposefully twisting the meaning of diversity and freedom of choice to suit their own agenda.

It's you twisting the purpose of this offshoot to try and compliment your community college degree in philosophy.

They were invited by the debian developers to mantain the packages need to use different init systems in debian and they walked out.
This wasn't a "muh freedoom" thing, this is was a "systemd stirs my autism" thing.

A lot of people have walked out on debian over the years. Their forum for discussion is a cesspool that reminds me of github. Full of people that contribute nothing making demands based on their personal philosophy.

>Why won't you use our shit init
>Average systemdik apologist

Great argument lad.
What's next?
"muh minimalism?"

I recohengnize this still of rhetoric

It's not an argument you fucking kike, we don't want to use systemd. That's all. Finished. Nothing more.

Sooooooo as usual, anti-systemd autists don't actually have an arguement