/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cybersecurity and Information Security General

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto
>>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk
>>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources
>pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm
>pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons
>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real:
>pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

◊ archive:
>textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

>ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

» Thread Archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

≡ IRC
> Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
> #Jow Forumspunk
> #Jow Forumssec
> #nfo
> (All require SSL)
> IRC guide:
> github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Ψ Last threads:

Attached: 335129.jpg (3661x1822, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

404.city/
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44411208
amazon.com/Panda-Wireless-PAU09-Adapter-Antennas/dp/B01LY35HGO/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TN6QQE20TPHCFEH8WAVJ
gitlab.com/senpie/xmpp-manifesto-for-freedom
freedombone.net/apps.html
bbc.com/news/world-44070469
bbc.com/news/world-europe-42733539
github.com/ge0rg/jabber-spam-fighting-manifesto
youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8
cyberpunk.net/en/quadra
bbc.com/news/technology-41268996
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Attached: 1452114862.jpg (1600x880, 640K)

If you are not registered on this site 404.city/
you are not a cyberpunk. Even developers from conference 404.city

Attached: 404_CITY.jpg (1191x628, 259K)

>Even developers Tails from conference 404.city

Apparently it was voted to merge since most people have overlapping interest in both themes and there's not enough discussion to hold a general of either /cyb/ or /sec/

Thank you for making a new thread.

I can't help but feel that we're getting all of the oppressive surveillance state and none of the cool dark Asian aesthetic and underground resistance groups.

If everyone knew about them would they really be underground? Maybe go found one.

Attached: chibacitystreet.jpg (1920x942, 552K)

Does anyone have any cool phreaking stories to tell?
Some social engineering experiences?

I don't have any cool stories personally, but a friend of mine is a pentester and recently he told me about this job he was on where he was assessing the security at a place.

He literally walked right in the front door, right up to one of the clerks, and said, "Uh yeah, I'm here from IT. We got a ticket to test your USB drives, would you mind if I plug this in and take care of that for you?" And they let him behind the counter to jack into their PCs.

It doesn't surprise me at all, people working in most companies really don't care about security policies. This clerk maybe didn't even have any training about it.

It just shocked me because he was basically just a total stranger and they were like "durr ok sure!" Didn't even ask any confirming information or who he was or anything. It was one of those companies where you would THINK they would fucking have something in place to prevent that kind of thing.. He's not even one of those smooth guys who can charm anyone or bullshit his way out of anything (like Mitnick for example), in fact he's pretty shifty-looking and surly. I'm just glad he's one of the good guys lol

Maybe the computer near the clerk is disconnected from anything important, so it doesn't have to be secured.

You'd be surprised how many people will just go along if you act like you're supposed to be doing whatever it is that you're doing. Looking the part really helps but is not a requirement. (being surly counts as looking the part, for someone claiming to be from IT...)

Attached: hacking.gif (576x821, 91K)

Ignore hackerman, he posts that in every thread.

We are getting there but the counter-culture needs more proactive people doing "stuff", or the brainwash and despair will eat the hope from you.

Those aesthetics are there to invoke a dystopian feel. That's the last thing our overlords would want of course. They want you to believe everything is alright. Why do you think user interfaces for all those surveillance services are bright and colorful for example?

Damn user, that is so true it hurts.
>tfw we get only the shitty parts of cyberpunk

Attached: deep feels.jpg (629x505, 33K)

They're smart enough to use much more Huxley than Orwell, I guess.

>aesthetics
We have way more than aesthetics going, as we speak:

=== /cyb/ News:
>US school shootings: Lullaby used to teach drills
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44411208
>In Massachusetts, a class of five-year-olds are learning this rhyme - set to the lullaby "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" - so they know what to do during a school shooting.

>The picture was widely shared on Twitter, where user Rebecca Watson wrote: "In case you were wondering if we are, in fact, living in a dystopia, just imagine 30 five year olds singing this in unison."

So let us have the lullaby:
>"Lockdown, lockdown, Lock the door
>"Shut the lights off, Say no more
>"Go behind the desk and hide
>"Wait until it's safe inside
>"Lockdown, lockdown it's all done
>"Now it's time to have some fun!"

Someone PLEASE tell me how this can help small children get to sleep.

Is there much counter culture left doing stuff as opposed to mere complaining and demanding welfare for doing nothing?

I give it one year before there are official indoctrination programs going in schools to be suspicious of anyone who doesn't use social media and to report them to staff for investigation as potential shooters.

Attached: the ride is starting.jpg (553x936, 168K)

Bullshit, cyberpunks can be proactive the problem is doing more stuff visible.

Who am i supposed to talk to with this? Whoever?

A society of plenty has a long way to fall to understand the consequences of such hapless fear. To raise a child with no knowledge of these shootings is to disservice their upbringing, but to condition them for fear is to disservice society.

I

Does anyone else have pic related?
Is it really that good?
Link to product: amazon.com/Panda-Wireless-PAU09-Adapter-Antennas/dp/B01LY35HGO/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TN6QQE20TPHCFEH8WAVJ

Attached: 71D8+BzRqLL._SL1500_.jpg (1370x1500, 71K)

What is the most cyberpunk city in the USA?

Attached: wallhaven-643675.jpg (1920x1080, 1.84M)

>404.city/
There is officially only one good jabber server right now.
gitlab.com/senpie/xmpp-manifesto-for-freedom

Sorry for the brainlet question.
I want to use Tor to order something.
I suppose that using my uni's network(dorms as well) exposes me.
Can anyone confirm?
I can use my phone's internet.

>Lullaby used to teach drills
>so they know what to do during a school shooting
>Someone PLEASE tell me how this can help small children get to sleep.
WAT?
On second thought, don't answer that and we can both drop the Jow Forums right here.
>/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cybersecurity and Information Security General

*order from a website accessible from TOR

What's the cheapest beaglebone device I could run a freedombone I2P setup on?
Or, what beaglebone device SHOULD I run it on?
freedombone.net/apps.html

The uni network operators can see the tor connection but not whats in it. Thats what tor does.

>Bullshit, cyberpunks can be proactive
I agree on the*can* part, my question is if that really *is* happening.
>the problem is doing more stuff visible.
Granted, this general has made a few FAQs that are fairly comprehensive but how far does that go? BTW these are remarkably invisible in Google searches even though the /cyb/ FAQ is far more extensive than the post modern train wreck that is the Wiki article on Cyberpunk.

If action is what this needs then we have to copy what is viral on the Internet. But you can bet there will be resistance when we start talking about doing stuff IRL.

It had nothing to do with Jow Forums but everything to do with current dystopia.

OK, so let's take a current case: CRISPR/Cas9.
This can rid humanity of a long list of serious illnesses. It can also be used to engineer humans for purposes. We already have knowledge of genes that encode very strong bones, handy for soldiers. There is also the "warrior gene" MAOA. So what will happen?

I am a bit sceptical, coming from a European country where the elite in our Parliament has created a disaster of a school system while sending their own children to elite schools with a different curriculum. I have this first hand from a teacher there. The press, of course, never mentions this.

So this tech can cement the abyss between the people and the self declared elite rulers.

=== /cyb/ and /sec/ News
Some countries are more prepared than others:
>How Sweden is preparing for Russia to hack its election
bbc.com/news/world-44070469
>Russia has been repeatedly accused of interfering in recent elections. But Sweden is determined it won't fall victim to any such meddling - with millions of leaflets being distributed and propaganda-spotting lessons for students.

>Sweden, a country of 10 million people, has good reason to take action.
>In 2014, it moved further from its historic position of neutrality to officially become an "enhanced partner" of Nato, which considers Russia's annexation of Crimea to be illegal.
>Officials have reported an increase in hacking and dissemination of fake news. The aim, they say, is to undermine the stability of Swedish society and spread falsehoods.

Some actions seem a bit ... odd:
>A "Facebook hotline" has been created to allow officials to quickly report fake Swedish government Facebook pages. Facebook itself has pledged to report suspicious behaviour around the election to Swedish authorities.
I bet FB would say so. That does not mean it is true, rather y could be a handy bus for them to throw the entire Sweden in under.

They are preparing also in more conventional ways:
bbc.com/news/world-europe-42733539

if the website use https (most do now), you don't even need tor, the only thing that eavesdropers can see is that you're communicating with an ip that resolves to that website domain, they cannot see what pages you're visiting, what you ordered, anything inside the HTTP (header + payload) is totally encrypted, they can only see the TCP/IP headers which only tell the ip address of the destination

also, many websites block tor for sensitive requests and many are behind cloudflare and the will fucking annoy you with captchas every reload

IT extolled the importance of security.
Later IT issued a bogus warning (that old chestnut the Hello text message virus) from an official IT email account. OK, seriousness not too high.
Then IT sent out a patch we simply HAD to apply NOW and did so from an unofficial email address. I didn't fall for that. A few days later I get questioned why I didn't apply the patch. They sure didn't like facing their own logic.

I have some eth on bitfinex, how can i make a completely anonymous payment? Do i take them out and put them in a wallet?

I want to buy a vpn

Alabama

I found a website which displayes file upload form instead of 404 page. When I upload a file it just says "Done ========> filename". I don't know if the file is actually uploaded or not. The website is built in Wordpress on IIS 7.0. Is there any way I could exploit it?

Attached: screenshot-2018-06-10-17:08:56.png (370x37, 3K)

at least post the link!

It is my uni website. I'm not posting the link, I don't want you guys to fuck it up completely.

Attached: 31662237_861246990729466_8058398480353198080_n.jpg (715x960, 159K)

Maybe the best solution is more grounded science, a more DIY approach. Biohackers are a thing, they use their own tools (and some times their own bodies) to advance science and is low cost, something that anybody with the proper guidance can do. And there is a group called grinders, a group which a regular on /cyb/ is part, that can make real cybernetics with low tech. If only Leph Anonym would post her work here we could use her help.

Anything helps user, any project that others can replicate easy. As that means money is not a high barrier.

electronic cash will always leave traces, all you can do is to extend the papertrail. note that this won't work so well if you're up against feds - I'd recommend bying vouchers with cash and finding a provider that accepts said vouchers

== Right now on Jow Forums
>Programmers and engineers are uniting to create open-source androids
>The Jow Forumsternet project, the attempt at making meshnet everywhere and eventually a whole new Internet, keeps growing
>The transhumanism thread now celebrates its 22th day on /sci/

Attached: quote-we-were-making-the-first-step-out-of-the-age-of-chemistry-and-physics-and-into-the-age-of-biol (850x400, 46K)

This is the things I love about Jow Forums

>What is Monero

Page 7.

>no ac

BOI, WE CYBERPUNK NOW!

Attached: cyberpunk-2077-201861103552_3.jpg (640x360, 22K)

What's a good music player?
Cantata is pretty comfy and it's the only one I've tried which actually loaded sorted albums. But are there any other good ones?

building a new rig once this releases

I personally loved foobar or winamp.

Yea but those don't quite work on lunix.
Now without wine anyways.
I'm looking for suggestion that do work.

>overlapping interest
why don't we throw video games into it then?
cyberpunk is an artistic style, info security is a technical profession/hobby. I mean it's nice to look at cool artwork while readinh a thread of network security and shit, but they havr no relation at all

Hey hackerman, is you thread dead yet?

That could be pretty good bait. Make a fake upload page and see what is uploaded. Kind of phishing intruders. This could be good.

>refRID
not your personal kickback army, noseberg.
anyway, i prefer the tp-link one as it doesn't look conspicuous and works fine.

>This is in response to "The Jabber Spam Fighting Manifesto": github.com/ge0rg/jabber-spam-fighting-manifesto
"only one good jabber server" is debatable. Manifesto For Freedom reads more like a spammer's complaint.

You have the opportunity to genuinely contribute as opposed to make generic complaint. For instance you could make suggestions for the yet unwritten /cyb/ games section in the FAQ.

Your suspicion is plausible. Interestingly they never got any FAQs off the ground; the /sec/ FAQ was written in this general.

No the quoted user, but could you link it, please? I'm interested.

tp-link N150
supposedly there's two versions of it, you want the one that has the Atheros chipset

Do you guys use ports? As in, port system, the installation method from source?

Attached: 6ef96b011ef649000a35c69b79ed881d.jpg (220x220, 21K)

Whatever happened to outer heaven?

Bump

that's he usual problem. There are not many ac chipsets that support frame injection and even less that work with 5GHz.
All I can think of are those chunky alfa ones

What's your honest opinion on this trailer, /cyb/?
youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8
>CDPR writes an apology for the waiting game that will still going on eveb further at 1:39

Imagine 20 years ago, a normal spectator from the society would be shocked to see not the advances in technology, not the videogame culture, but the violence. Yes, violence has been normalized and perhaps we like that, but you know, when you have a society that has low caste and high caste, you can't but wonder if the high caste needs and wants the low caste to feel that living like shit is normal and they ought not think outside the mainstream.

The trailer is cool though.

Attached: Detective-with-smoke-flipped.gif (490x399, 97K)

man go to a physical store and pay with cash if you're that paranoid.

>/v/ is having an autistic meltdown because the trailer is set during the day

Video games here Just saw cyberpunk 2077 trailer

How can I find a role for myself in a cyberpunk setting ? I'm just a gamer

>implying

Thanks for your honesty.
The message in question.

Attached: sorry for that.png (1573x966, 1.17M)

I won't deny it, that game looks dope, now reality needs to look more punk.

Attached: 2da.jpg (600x503, 28K)

The text in that picture man.

I'd imagine /v/ attracts the kind of people that believe cyberpunk is more about aesthetics than about themes.

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

An user on this thread was right, cyberpunk aesthetics is what we need.

The text in the picture was eerily seen as a warning of some kind. Look at it.

polens cybsec > russen crackers

Attached: russian-crackers.jpg (1000x1000, 175K)

Typical cyberpunk aesthetics can fuck right off for all I care. It's the same bullshit as fantasy being mostly the typical Tolkien races in a pseudo medieval setting.
I blame DnD and Blade Runner, and of course a lack of creativity.

>warning of some kind
Really? Would there some connection with the current CP Alternate Reality game going on?
cyberpunk.net/en/quadra

Unclear but it seems maderas had a meltdown. Has has been seen elsewhere so the fear certain agencies have taken him away might possibly be slightly misplaced.

apparently this isn't cyberpunk.

Attached: screen-its-a-deal.5.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

>an alternative version of the future
>megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life

I'm confused..

Attached: digital_dominanace.jpg (331x499, 30K)

>cyberpunk aesthetics is what we need
Really? Because it is mostly here already, just read the news or just the === News postings put up here. The world is media driven, corporate and the gov has little idea about what is going on. Just see the farce that was Zucherberg before US and EU.

Blade Runner was set in a rainy LA. And it is still rainy, it is just that the neon is upgraded to LED for the same effect.

Ambience can be found in western infrastructure run down since WWII or Chinese style capitalism in Shenzhen, contrasted to Hing Kong. It really is here already. And not often in a good way.

How do you hold your bitcoins anons? I don't trust Trezor/Ledger enough anymore.

in my pocket you silly

cold storage is in a encrypted vm, bootloader is stored separately.
recoverycode is encrypted and print out at a safe location.
hot storage is only lightly secured for convenience

>cold storage is in a encrypted vm, bootloader is stored separately.
Would using an USB with TailsOS, with a persistent encrypted partition on the USB, be good?
>recoverycode is encrypted and print out at a safe location.
I created an electrum seed and pui it in cryptosteel

How much do I risk by occassionally connecting to the internet with that TailOS USB? Just to sync and update OS

=== /cyb/ News:
>Tomorrow's Cities: Dubai and China roll out urban robots
bbc.com/news/technology-41268996
>"The ground level of the city could become a dark place of intrigue and mystery like Blade Runner."

Hi guys
I want to make some sort of password manager, except that I'm only interested in the storing and authorization part, i.e. I'm just going to expose an API to properly set/get credentials in a permanent storage.
My question is do you guys know some kind of framework that let me interface this with standard autofill features from various browsers and applications? Also providing user management UI would be great.
Ideally I'd like to substitute the storage component of existing password management software, but currently only keepass is open source and supports plugins and I'm not sure it's really what I want.
I guess I could just generate single-entry databases on the fly, but that looks nasty.

correction, true cyberpunk fans are having a meltdown. And it's justified, the same creator of the genre mocked 2077

that has me intrigued, since he apparently mocked BR since the beginning, and BR sparked the origin of Cyberpunk 2020, which is the very inspiration of 2077. sounds more like the author is just very frustrated looking at his 'creation' taken away from him even further.