How long until tablets and laptops are killed off by the smartphone?

How long until tablets and laptops are killed off by the smartphone?

Attached: brother.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OOzYD2bQtto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How long until cars and trucks are killed off by a motorbike?

When useful AR becomes a thing and in the process kills off the smartphone.

What's with the filename?

Or holograms?

Hi

As soon as you can make a screen which is 4.5" but also 8" and 13" - at the same time

...uh... hello?

Attached: amazing.png (500x364, 122K)

What's up?

Just chillin', you know? Having a nice cold Guiness after a 6k run.
Just watched Space Truckers (1996) too before the ruin. I was surprised when I realized it was the primary inspiration for the "Heavy Metal Queen" episode of Cowboy Bebop.
How are you?

anyone know how to bypass pattern lock on this LG V20?

Attached: 20180609_114104.jpg (2695x3650, 1.94M)

Until stable fast x86 emulation can take place. AFAIK there's a huge penalty for doing so in ST and MT performance is pretty much non-existent for now.

Snapdragon 835: youtu.be/OOzYD2bQtto

Attached: a1.jpg (1024x576, 238K)

Give it back Shaniquwa

To be honest I think ARM LTE tablets will replace our smartphones within the next 5 years.

This, and then we can use the back of our smart watch to take calls. Just imagine how secret-spy-cool it's gonna look.

Well, fine, listening to music rite now but all day I was fucking tired, I don't know why, but meh, just finished Unteralterbach with hard mode (no fapping) and probably gonna clean up my room soon. Also starting new piss bottle collection today!

Tablets use the same processors as phones do, they're essentially oversized phones.

Too autistic for the general population and that's essentially what BT headsets have done.

>Also starting new piss bottle collection today!
What the fuck man? God invented toilets for a reason.

Well, I do it just to make a cool post on /b/ couple years from now

I've written shell scripts on my 5" phone in a pinch. It's not a great experience but neither is carrying a laptop, turning it on, and doing the same. Assuming the whole docked phone meme comes true, I imagine a lot of people are going to jump on it.

That's a really, really shitty motivation for such a disgusting habit. Also, this is an old meme, no one is going to give a shit.

how long does it take before I get such a gf?

Well, we'll see...

It's going to be revolutionary!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Both you fagots should go >/out/

This board is for only autistic people interested in technology how dare you have a conversation like normal person here

Attached: Fucked-up-wojack.png (280x291, 88K)

Be nice to her and her internet fren

Why the fuck take pics of yourself in a shitty bathroom

Because you can't wait to see how great you look in your cute outfit.

As soon as smartphones become modular and user-serviceable.

What's a laptop?

/Thread

They will never be killed off.

Phones are useless for actual productivity.

Basically this. They might be killed off recreationally for normies but people are still going to need laptops for their jobs. The tablet form factor is also quite popular for things like POS systems and various customer-facing things businesses use.

Tablets are already dead besides ipads and niche uses laptops will always have a place for better work.

Tablets are already dead and the laptop will never die.

Lots of people still use tablets

When we get neural input because touchscreens are a really shitty input mechanism.

Typing this on a touchscreen.
Just werkz™

you can't sit comfortably on a chair while typing on a physical keyboard to a 5 inch phone

the limitation is in human's comfort zone, human eyes, so I think the previous comment is appropriate

aan around 5 inch, x86 x64 supporting phone that can extend its screen size when needed on a desk, maybe with rolled screen or something

Yeah, touchscreens are ducking awesome

cute whore

>brother.jpg
you mean bf

Why haven't you disabled autocorrect?
Are you fucking retarded?
Or should I say ducking retarded?

Because touchscreen keyboards without autocorrect are only slightly more tolerable. I was just making fun of the hand holder for the crippling inout method. I've avoided the need for autocorrect's conception altogether and went back to physical keyboards. It is worth noting though that my fastest typing with a touchscreen was on iOS with autocorrect enabled, I'd learned what word fragments would correct to what and only typed what needed to exist to be autocorrected to the word I wanted.

Is this legit or a virus for cretins?
would it be feasible to play old stuff on a phone, like aoe2 (the 99? one) or heroes 3 or ancient stuff like dos games?

I don't get why Jow Forums hates tablets so much.

Yes, technically a smart phone can do everything a tablet can...but there's this thing call screen size. Magazines, books, manga/comics, movies, web/email...much better at 10in.

Is is because it doesn't fit in your pocket? My Tab A 10.1 is still smaller than almost every book I own in both size and much more in thickness. That's a lot of entertainment in a very small package.

Well for me is easiest to disable autocorrect and use the Trace feature on Gboard

congrats

those digits.
Also collecting piss isn't what I'd call "normal"

Jamal...

Tablets are already dead. Laptops are here to stay.
Anyone who seriously believes a phone can replace a laptop has never used the latter for actual work.