What's your router/home network like?

Post routers/setups.

[spoiler]Generally speaking, what would the most secure/overkill small home network look like? I want to take control.[/spoiler]

Attached: opnsense-interface.png (1117x857, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

push, am interested

I use pfsense as so:
Modem -> pfsense -> switch (unmanaged (for direct connection to it)) -> switch (managed) -> wireless ap

Works fine and allows for control of guest networks and separating traffic through vlans

ClearOS and IPfire didn't support the hardware of my old computer that I donated to my network setup to run pfsense. The WAN Ethernet port is only a 100M but we have 75M internetz anyway so it doesn't really matter. The rest is on 1000M.

Haven't been bothered with ipv6 as of yet because my ISP makes it difficult to get an address since it has to be tunneled through IPv4

Some would say my network is overkill secure but I don't think its secure enough. I need more control over vlans as they don't seem to work correctly

*internet

I am also looking for a way to block specific websites for a specific client. I don't want other clients to be affected.
()

Attached: Capture.png (763x937, 77K)

Is Squid necessary in modern times? A lot of traffic is HTTPS nowadays and I've heard anecdotes of Squid fucking up and being a pain to fix and configure.

These threads always make me upset, since I live alone in the country.
Like, what am I supposed to do? Deck out my network? For what?
I guess I could control my servers I run with a minimal amount of effort, but what's the point. They just run. They have no problems. They're secure.

I wish I could have people in my house so I could control their network and be the sysadmin. I hate being lonely

Old Netgear wndrmac (same as wndr3700) with openwrt, adblock and shadowsocks. It is not fast so most of the devices are running local shadowsocks clients as well.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 23.52.14.png (986x586, 76K)

What block lists do you guys use?

Attached: fbi-agent-computer-stock.jpg (720x479, 57K)

You can buy more devices and pretend that you aren't alone.

a fucked nbn wireless connection "up to 50mbit" running pppoe though one of these fuckers with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) big, everything all still works great, best router ive ever had when it dies ill just repair it been through a couple of power bricks in the 9 years ive had it 2 pc's on 1gigabit ethernet.
Such a fucking fuck the NBN is so bad 3g-5g shit only has 900mbit per tower and mines conguested 24/7

Attached: file.png (500x500, 101K)

Firewall blacklist

all of them

Haha. If I could script at all I'd love to make a Sims-like game that simulates/spoofs other users doing random stuff on your system/network. Randomly generated habits/personalities. Neat idea.

you could get a HAM radio and shitspeak with boomers. You would probably get excellent reception too being in the country. But you are right, you've basically accomplished total network security via omission.

ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html

By the same people who bought you iftop...

I spent a month trying to get my pillion vdsl to work rather than the bog standard chinkshit from iinet.
Even just used the chickshit as gateway to router (slowed down traffic..)

What's the worst time of the day for you for speed/dropouts?
>t. kids get home from school and have to stay on their phoneplans...;^[

>iinet
Why? udid this to yourself at least i get 30mbit peak

Been with them for years.
>hadiknown.jpg
They bundled the service thru tpg so no more gud dyndns and no more free usenet...

Pity cause their adsl was the shizznizzle.

i cant talk im with some smallass isp but at least the support is very good (better than aussiebb who got pretty shit and neglected fixed wireless)

Once muh 24mths is up...

in pfsense you could use the dhcp server to bind one IP to the client, then set up firewall rules blocking traffic from that domain to the client IP