So today I watched YouTube video at 1080p60 for the first time on Firefox and I got terrible stuttering and general...

So today I watched YouTube video at 1080p60 for the first time on Firefox and I got terrible stuttering and general choppiness. Disabling hardware acceleration solved the problem but it eats about 30% of my CPU. Didn't get this problem on chrome but fuck google. Do any of you know the cause?
CPU: i5 7400
GPU: gtx 1060 lattest driver
Windows 10

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

cause is mozilla's incompetence to make good software
remember that time when firefox was doing few thousand syscalls per second for no reason at all?

SJWs, pajeets and blue haired women.

Use h264ify.

immense youtube stuttering is going on with Chrome on both windows and linux too since the last month, probably some autist developer at youtube thinking this is exactly how it should be.

What the fuck kind of garbage Aussie internet do you guys get? I use Firefox and have no issues running videos in 1080p 60fps

these guys must be retarded. no issues running @ 4k 60fps. firefox is great

Attached: index.jpg (200x193, 10K)

How do I into hardware acceleration for firefox?
Also, whats up with the constant fucking memory leaks from it?

WTF are you even talking about? I can watch 1440p60 on my shitty i5 and 940MX laptop, when I hook it up to my monitor. Never had a single problem

You're doing something wrong.

Attached: furrycux.jpg (2560x1440, 2.36M)

Doubt it's anything wrong with either my hardware or internet since it works flawlessly on chrome and with hardware acceleration disabled on Firefox. The new update must break something and it happens to alot of people.

do you have hardware accel on chrome?

I guess since I never tinkered with it.

>It can't be me that's at fault! It must be your software that nobody else is having trouble with! Fix it fix it fix it!

Attached: pit.jpg (645x729, 41K)

Just reinstall FF and get rid of all your bloat in the process.

that really isnt an answer. check in preferences, search "hardware", and check in about:flags because theres also a way to force-enable it

>nobody else is having trouble with
Just google Firefox YouTube 60fps stuttering and see how many hits you get. Why are your corporate fanboy so desperate to defend your 'team'?

Its enabled.

Are you using the 64-bit version?

I have a significantly weaker GPU than you and I don't get stuttering outside of 4K@60fps. Although Brave doesn't stutter on that video quality. I've noticed that Firefox pre-loads less of the video which is probably one of the reasons this happens.
Gecko is more focused on features rather than raw speed.

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem

Add jews and you have Google.

>I watched YouTube video
Found your problem.

>that google profile pic
trying to pass those tabs as a joke isnt working

Chromium doesn't have this problem.

>just google firefox youtube stuttering
>just google chrome youtube stuttering
>just google safari youtube stuttering
>just google edge youtube stuttering
>just google internet explorer youtube stuttering