Why is cloudflare so bad?

Why is cloudflare so bad?

Attached: la-fi-tn-cloudflare-free-https-20140808.jpg (1500x750, 57K)

Botnet. Use Stackpath, they actually give a shit about security.

>literally mitm-ing half the internet
i wonder

Details on why this is a bad thing. I keep seeing results that what they do is a good thing.

Attached: 1521850282295.png (1566x694, 112K)

Cloudflare terminates SSL at each end. So the connection between you and Cloudflare is encrypted, and the connection between Cloudflare and the site is encrypted, but Cloudflare can, if they wish, see everything in plaintext. One, that gives them a lot of power to be malicious, and two, it makes them a prime target for anyone who might want to force them to do malicious things, like the NSA, GCHQ, etc.

Cloudflare's response to this is essentially "Trust us". You know, like Zuckerberg said in that famous quote.

Your forgot to mention that they in fact can also make your site unreachable if they get triggered by it.

I also should have specified that they can undetectably tamper with any communications that pass through them. But that's in 's image

Thanks anons

That cleared up a lot. I'll stop using cloudflare websites. I was always wondering why nothing works when you disable it.

>I'll stop using cloudflare websites
Did you know you're using one right now?

You guys can hate cloudflare all you want but its a life saver to me.

I run a site with 200-300 active users constantly and with over 700k unique users every month. And guess what? It's running on some cheap ass 3 dollar vps with 1 gig of ram and some low end intel processor.

We don't need to spend jack shit on hosting because cloudflare caches 99% of our traffic. Our server never reaches over 4% of cpu usage because cloudflare is doing all the hard lifting for us.

Thanks to cloudflare the ROI of my site is over 1000%. Yep, im sure privacy sucks but I won't complain because this is a really nice deal.

Attached: 9d99ce57db85d8c3d459446eb49e5d2a.png (1014x571, 65K)

t. Cloudflare sales person.

Not the only CDN in town, not even the best one. Try Akamai or Stackpath.

Who is your VPS provider?

It's a US government run service, effectively.

OVH

Thanks user. They offer some good deals. Currently with arubacloud for 1 eur/month and thinking of moving to something beefier.

They remove websites they don't like for political reasons.
If you need ddos protection use BitMitigate instead.

Neither of which have options remotely comparable to the business or pro pricing plans.

Also fucking botnet.

Attached: cloudflare_recaptcha.png (1280x1280, 73K)

NSA detected

No, at least it's no listed.

>GOOGLE Analytics

i tried all the freetard selfhosted analytics alternatives, they just suck so much compared to google analytics its not even funny

I don't know about him, but thanks for using Google Analytics. As someone who objects to websites collecting any analytics at all, that's the first thing I block, and it's nice to stop your spying in one simple step.

yeah, fuck website owners who wanna have detailed statistics on their users, because knowing how users interact with your site is not important information at all.

>fuck website owners who wanna have detailed statistics on their users
Yes, unironically. I don't think you should get to know any kind of detailed information about me, not even a goddamned useragent. I don't particularly care why it is that you want to spy on me, or what you intend to do with the information, I object to it regardless. Same thing with the endless telemetry wars with Firefox. "Oh, but we only need this technical information to test and improve how things work!" Irrelevant. Knock it off. If you want comments and bug reports, put up a goddamned email address, and I'll come to you.

I don't give 2 fucks about your name, address or email. But I deserve to know how you interact with my site to further improve my service.

Do you expect me to just guess how many active users I have? To just guess how many users visited which page? What if my site is loosing users and I want to find out why that is the case. What if I make major changes to my site and want to see how it affects user behaviour?

Information is everything, without information you aren't able to do jackshit these days.
Luckily only neckbears like you bother to block analytics scripts, the vast majority couldn't give less fucks.

Are you too dumb to count the pageviews yourself?

>>Information is everything, without information you aren't able to do jackshit these days.
Yeah, and most of the stuff being done on the web these days shouldn't be getting done at all. Yes, I expect you do do without data. Yes, I expect you to guess, or made do only with opt-in feedback that users actively choose to provide. "Gee, we could make better decisions if only we had total insight into everything that everyone's doing!" is a common attitude, but it's not a good one. I object on principle to your hyper-optimizing, data-driven, A-B-test-everything philosophy. If this shit is the difference between a website - including yours - sinking or swimming, then I'm happy to say "Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

>Luckily only neckbears like you bother to block analytics scripts, the vast majority couldn't give less fucks.
Normies come to neckbears like us to fix their computers, and every one of them I touch gets an adblocker installed. Which kills google analytics and a lot more of this crap besides.

active users =/= pageviews

>Yes, I expect you to guess
damn you are retarded.