Open Sauce DAW

Hello Jow Forums. I am a Linux admin for about 12 years. I started on Gentoo, moved to Slackware, then Mint for gayms, now back to Gentoo because I have a separate windows PC for games and stuff.

I am looking for an Open Source DAW, because I don't have 700 bucks to purchase Ableton Live or Reason or something like that. I don't want to get a virus from a pirated version of either of those. The DAW I use needs to have VST support, and preferably a Ableton or Reason like interface. Has anyone here had any luck with LMMS? If not, what DO you use?

tl;dr anyone here used LMMS or any other open source DAW, What do you think?

Attached: lmms_logo.png (150x150, 20K)

>Linux admin for about 12
>I don't want to get a virus from a pirated version of either of those

nigger, you spent 12 years up your own ass? haven't you learned to tell the difference betwen a good and a ghetto rip?

I don't get what is the correlation between administering Linux servers where everything is from an official source repo, and being able to magically tell if a torrent file has hidden malware... care to elaborate on that one Mr. Genius? Also, I have NEVER installed a DAW of torrent w.o it being infected. Has the scene changed that much?

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 77K)

BUMP

What do you guys use for DAW ? fp says I can get an ableton/reason torrent that's not infected. Is he a moron or am I ?

all this and more..

the scene never changed, you just gotta check the reputations and be able to identify fakes.

I saw one posted here in /t/ for ableton 10 and a few peoiple vouched for it... the thing is they're not Jow Forums they're /t/ and frankly probably would run 10 viruses w.o even realizing it... FUck me dead

just use ardour

>Linux admin for twelve years
You started being a sysadmin at 4 years of age? I don't believe you.

Attached: 86EBE1FB678D47CF83A9CF810D324C81.png (500x522, 163K)

Ew, I used it like 4 or 5 years ago and it was trash! I gave up on it, the interface was totally unusable back then.

Do you actually use it? are you able to get anything done in it? I am a big VST user and i saw someone complaining about his vsts not working. maybe that was Linux only

I am 16? that would make me underage b& faggot jew soiboi

use bitwig op

i have only used it for simple things. i don't use a lot of plugins. it has gotten better over the years. i don't know how vst support is right now, but i know it has been improving.

The state of Linux users ha ha

i've used ardour a lot, it's bretty gud
>the interface was totally unusable
if you aren't able to accommodate yourself quickly to strange and convoluted interfaces then you aren't gonna make it as an audio geek

the state of brainlets, I seriously don't get why being a Linux (inb4 stallman) server admin would give me the skills necessary for stealing windows software. You guys are so arrogant and retarded it's pitiful

costs money, i looked into it tho and it's got potential, but their license blows.

I actually found Ableton Live super accommodating to my workflow. Reason wasn't bad either, I liked the ability to patch the rack units in Reason. As of now I'm torrenting Ableton 10 from a hopefully safe source. If i get totally infected there's always Hirens Boot CD or System Rescue DIsk ;) THanks user Can you post some of the stuff you made with Ardour? Or perhaps tell me some of the VSTs you use?

EDIT: for the perfect amount of arrogance and retardation that makes me unironically sick in my stomach and stressed out. I just hope you're not like this in real life, for everyone elses sake.

I am OP, I am a long time Linux enthusiast, who installed gentoo before I saw the meme about 12 years ago and has run it since. I was looking for an open source DAW and ended up pirating Ableton 10 for my Windows 10 machine instead, because I can safely and humbly admit Linux just isn't there yet.

Thank you everyone for the constructive comments. and to the brainlets who tried to insult me, i will come to your house and beat you up.

>I don't get what is the correlation between administering Linux servers where everything is from an official source repo, and being able to magically tell if a torrent file has hidden malware
Being this retarded

Attached: 1510427113137.jpg (500x750, 137K)

>Linux admin
Meaningless phrase. Anyone who has linux installed can say they're a "linux admin".

>I don't want to get a virus
On linux? You serious?

>anyone here used LMMS
I have. It's okay. I spend more time in audacity though, because I'm a masochist. I prefer doing things the hard way.

Renoise is 70 bucks and feels very sysadminlike

>12 years
>started on gentoo
>Mint for gayms
Stopped reading right there.
How the fuck Gentoo or Slackware isn't enough for gaming? I thought you're a gentooman and can install anything, but you went full retard and used a retarded distro.

LMMS is alright, you'll just be spending 3x the amount of time and 5x the amount of effort making something compared to using big-name paid programs.