Why do Linux users shill Linux so much? All you see is "use Linux pls" threads...

Why do Linux users shill Linux so much? All you see is "use Linux pls" threads, trying to make points why it is better and a bunch of angry "Windows/macOS sucks" threads made by people who obviously use neither.
It's just as bad as the threads about marketing and shilling of commercial shit.

Attached: 1509728865707.webm (640x800, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because without mainstream support, linux has no choice but to take a back seat and eventually die out.

3dpd

Why do Windows users shill Windows so much? All you see is "use Windows pls" threads, trying to make points why it is better and a bunch of angry "macOS/Linux sucks" threads made by people who obviously use neither.
It's just as bad as the threads about marketing and shilling of opensource shit.

Don't browse Jow Forums and that'll fix your problem.

shut up idiot

Why do appletoddlers shill appleshit so much? All you see is "use apel pls" threads, trying to make points why it is better and a bunch of angry "wangblows/loonix sucks" threads made by applefags who obviously use neither.
It's literally just marketing and shilling of commercial shit.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

Attached: 1528028649381.jpg (1044x1882, 1.3M)

cute whore

>All you see is "use Linux pls" threads
I don't know what board you are browsing but I want to go there instead of this. Constant Apple and Microsoft shilling here.

Nice defence mechanism. Just like a 5 year old.

The difference here is that most your threads are bait, sometimes ironic, sometimes not, while the Linux ones are always genuine and unironic.
It's a nice way to shit on a user group, in this example, Apple. Sadly the Linux community is pretty much shilling because of and personally looking for validation on a community to try to fit in.

Attached: 1502587263023.png (218x196, 29K)

Nice defence mechanism. Just like a 4 year old.

>he bumps the thread
Good boy.

3dpd

Because it is fucking awesome and every tech relevant person should try it at least once instead of living their whole life in the windows cage

I don't know, but I do know that I want to impregnate this female.

>every tech relevant person should try it at least once
I don't know what alternative universe you're from, but every tech relevant person has used it and/or uses it for something. I.e. on their *server, something Linux is good for.

A man can dream.

Because Linux is getting more mainstream attention in the computer world and Microsoft is going to develop a Linux based operating system eventually.

because microsoft and apple are doing things that are bad for the future of computing
"linux shills" are just voting with their wallets and encouraging others to do the same

Why are you responding to your own dead post?

Attached: post.jpg (1135x364, 446K)

>Microsoft is going to develop a Linux based operating system eventually.
You wish, they would probably just steal a bunch of BSD code thanks to it's easy licence and make a closed binary blob OS out of it.

Jow Forums is more concerned with not being conformists than they are with good technology. If something is popular, no matter how good it is, they automatically hate it. If something is less popular, then they love it. Basically, the reason so many Linux users talk about Linux so much and talk about it the way they do is because they think using Linux makes them cool.

autism

>Not knowing about Azure sphere OS.

Linux is fucking great for hosting servers, but its terrible for desktop usage overall. Retards only sticking to one thing exclusively be it a brand, OS or programming language is the ultimate mark of the brainlet

This.

switched to linux (muh minimalism) from w7 because I have some REALLY sensitive files and I was scared of the botnet but I really don't know if it was worth it desu..

Yes, it's for IoT, not desktop use. Seems like you don't know about it.

This, I use a varey of operating systems and hardware every day, they all suck but some suck less for particular use.
But try telling that to a GNU/Linux fanboy... oh man. Fanboys are the worst.

>but its terrible for desktop usage overall
Compared to what exactly?

W10? It's literally, unironically, textbook malware.
8/7/XP/etc.? Deprecated.
Mac OS? Gimmicky faggoty overpriced shit which doesn't have particularly better application support than Linux.

>all you see is "use Linux pls" threads
I have literally never seen one of these threads. Are you OK user?

>Why do Linux users shill Linux so much?
Because it is good.

...and not a single argument was posted in that post.

Obviously a Linux fanboy. Instant butthurt and shitting on things without arguments.

Why Windows 10 is spyware?

Because it has all the attributes of spyware:

>Downloads itself to your machine without you specifically asking for it? YES
>Aggressively attempts to install itself taking over your computer in the process? YES
>Sends unknown and/or encrypted data to known and unknown third parties? YES
>Sends personally identifying information to known and unknown third parties? YES
>Easy to remove? NO

In short, it looks like spyware, smells like spyware, walks like spyware and talks like spyware. Windows 10 is spyware.
As a bonus Windows 10 has features of a PUP: it shows ads in the start menu including full screen ads on the lock screen.

>>botnet argument against Windows
>not knowing what LTSB is (the things banks and corporations use with sensitive data all over the place and for work critical applications)
Also, are you trying to argue that Windows has no uses? So you're a Linux fanboy indeed and thinks everyone who does not use Linux as their only desktop OS must be a fanboy of another OS?

Fanboy logic is so cingry.

>not knowing what LTSB is
Something that's realistically inaccessible to the overwhelming majority of people who've been taken hostage by Windows (unless you're willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a license via obscure sources or pirate it)? Yes, I know of it, it doesn't change that fact that Windows have deliberately and knowingly spread malware to billions to people.

>Also, are you trying to argue that Windows has no uses?
Please quote the exact place where I say this. Of course, being a Wangblows shill, you'll just proceed to post another pathetic attempt at deflection.

I was adressing the "terrible desktop usage overall" comment by specifically asking in what way wangblows is better. Sure, it has uses, for example if you play video games then it's useful. But I contend that having a few uses doesn't justify being literal malware.

Also, I find it interesting that even a wangblows shill didn't even bother trying to adress the arguments that show that W10 fits the textbook definition of "spyware".

Oh poor soul. The sooner you understand that every operating system on this planet is a piece of shit and we don't live in a perfect world, the sooner you might be able to actually start living instead of religiously sucking the cock of a brand/product.

As I already said, fanboy logic is cringy as fuck, the first argument was literary "y-you windows shill!".

>has now stooped to the level of "w-w-w-well nothing is perfect! that makes it okay for wangblows to be spyware, r-right?"
fucking pottery
>after initially laying out a position of Linux supposedly being "terrible desktop usage overall" while conveniently not mention compared to what exactly

Attached: 1358057027532.gif (500x290, 491K)

>fucking pottery
To rephrase in your own words. Please quote the exact place where I say I'm a Windows shill?
I hope everyone seeing this can understand that this is exactly fanboy logic at it's finest, no arguments, just instantly bashing on someone for not agreeing with you about a product/company like they are a fanboy themselves of something else.

>after initially laying out a position of Linux supposedly being "terrible desktop usage overall"
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. I haven't made that statement. But I do agree with said user, desktop using on GNU/Linux operating systems is their weakest link.

Attached: post.jpg (759x201, 86K)

>no arguments
I presented reasons for which W10 should be treated as a spyware. Where are YOUR arguments to show that W10 is somehow a better general desktop OS than Linux?

>the exact place where I say I'm a Windows shill?
Shills never confess to being shills, that's the entire point of being a shill. Of course, you know this all too well, but as is usual of shills, you're just posting one deflection after another, desperately hoping that M$ will deposit another rupee in your account for all your hard work.

Desktop Linux got slightly better, but mostly Windows got much much worse. I have Linux on all my laptops and if my Win10 hard drive died tomorrow the replacement would have some form of Linux on it. The main thing Windows has over Linux is game support but most AAA games are shit now so no loss there.

>I presented reasons for which W10 should be treated as a spyware.
I fail to understand (I actually, do but more on that latter) why you're referring to me like I'm defending Windows? I never posted an argument about consumer Windows versions NOT being spyware after you pointed that out, only alternatives to consumer versions that are less shit. This somehow gave you an impression like I must like another OS over Linux.

>Where are YOUR arguments to show that W10 is somehow a better general desktop OS than Linux?
This entirely depends on what application you use it for.
My personal arguments? Things like X still being used for consumer desktop use and alternatives to it not being pushed enough. Lack of desktop productivity software and support. Bad driver support for desktop usage, example, graphics drivers. But as I already agreed with another user () it has its own uses where it's in fact less shit to alternatives.

>Shills never confess to being shills, that's the entire point of being a shill.
I guess I can just repeat your words of "fucking pottery" at this point.

Now for everyone watching this dumb shit, as you can see, while I try to analyse why he is defending Linux so hard and not making valid arguments about it, instead of just calling everything else bad, while Linux is just another operating system in the toilet bowl.
He on the other hand tries to push so hard that I'm a Windows shill, because that's how his limited worldview as a religious Linux user works.

>The main thing Windows has over Linux is game support but most AAA games are shit now so no loss there.
Lack to mention the variety of professional desktop work and productivity software with proper support on Windows and macOS compared to Linux.
But of course, for the /v/ tards out there, game support is probably a big deal.

I was a windows 8 user who refused to switch to 10 when it came out. I heard about linux so I decided to try out mint (dual boot). One night windows installed 10 on it's own and ate my fucking mint partition in the process.
Today I use void and it just werks.

>One night windows installed 10 on it's own and ate my fucking mint partition in the process.
sorry to tell you but that's a user error that caused that
pay attention and don't be a retard, have fun with Void

3dpd granny

Ok I'll bite. but here's a caveat - I work with debian. It's a fucking great server OS. It ABSOLUTELY & CATEGORICALLY shits on every other server operating system. Centos comes close but no cigar.
Anyone who tells you differently clearly has never worked with servers (I mean paid-money work not tinkering) or is an idiot whose opinion should be discounted and ignored.

Each desktop os has it's pros and cons
>windoze - it plays muh gaymes but is a LITERAL bot net with tailored advertising IN THE FUCKING START MENU FFS
So: gaymers and normies

>mac - it just werks, but treats it's users like the gullible infantile minded idiots they are to be suckered into the the "style over substance" maymay. Pic related...
Macfanboiz and rich idiots need only apply

>linux - TOOOO many fucking distros with TOOOOO many fucking dms/wms...
>and on top of that most of the time you have to be prepared to LEARN about your os rather than just accept the "it just werks" meme.
Control freaks and tinkerers - this is your jam

Don't conflate what you've seen on the catalogue as the status uo - most of the time it's
>/sqt,/tpg and various iterations of "what programming lang do you use?" with a smattering of
>muh windows/mac/linux is da best

Attached: 29775029464_6185f353f3_h.jpg (1067x1600, 458K)

>Because it is fucking awesome
>Install Ubuntu
>Can't turn off mouse acceleration
>Install KDE
>Can't turn off mouse acceleration
>Mouse scrolling is unusable because it barely scrolls even at highest speed
>Want to change printer settings
>Can't because I use Debian and thus sudo, while KDE asks for root access
>root access to change printer settings
>barely any fucking default shortcut
>super is not mapped to start menu by default, despite existing on most keyboards
>go full CLI mode
>try to get a wireless connection
>need to use overly long and arcane command strings to finally get it connected
>no setting to keep the setting, need to save it into a startup file

Linux is good until you go beyond the 90s. Then you suddenly have to deal with utterly shitty UIs where no one cares about usability, a total disregard for good hotkeys (somehow Linux is either CLI or mouse, but almost never as hotkey-usable as Windows), and system tools that are total shit in contrast to the old ones that just work.

If we didn't have Microsoft and Apple, we wouldn't have tablets, 2in1 convertibles, or non-shit GUIs.

Kewl anecdote bruv.

This is the issue with the open-source community: Autists that are fine with constantly retyping the same commands, scrolling for miles on their mouse wheels and making fuckhuge marathons with their mouse cursors because that's what soothes their frozen minds. Autists are incapable of appreciating improvements to their workflow and do not comprehend that others might need those.

This girl has a dick

>Autists that are fine with constantly retyping the same commands,
The only thing I take issue with there is about the constant retyping - bash stores most of muh commands or I can tab to autocomplete. I spend time pressing the up or down or tab key. That's mostly it.
I very rarely retype a command - usually just changing path (which again I can use tab to autocomplete).
Probably not that much more fine or gross motor movement than moving and clicking a mouse constantly. I don't really understand what you're trying to say with
>scrolling for miles on their mouse wheels and making fuckhuge marathons with their mouse cursors because that's what soothes their frozen minds

>Autists are incapable of appreciating improvements to their workflow
This is inaccurate - Bill Gate's apparently said "I'll always employ a lazy person to do a difficult job because they'll find an easy way to do it."
The converse is true for autismos - get them to focus on a job and how to improve it by working on the minutiae and they'll find 15 gorrillion different ways to make it better and then sperg out when you tell them that's enough!
>and do not comprehend that others might need those.
This is true. So make it beneficial to them - tell them they have to save Princess daisy or some shit and they'll literally work themselves to death to make it happen.

Attached: 5553966089_f7185d7fe4_o.jpg (3240x2592, 3.55M)

cute whore

Go away summerfag

I really couldn't care less.

>Why do Linux users shill Linux so much?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software
That's not how it works.
>All you see is "use Linux pls" threads
Where? Why didn't you post an archive link?
Pic related.
Not everyone here is incapable of using their brain (being contrarian for the sake of it).

Attached: ue.png (1678x658, 138K)

its good for desktop too, especially if you do development
t. desktop linux user