What kind of fuckery is this?

When did Firefox turn into a Google-tier data mining company? Any suggestion for a better browser that's not Palememe?

Attached: gimme your pics.png (429x555, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=3658
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19207#p141793
developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Falkon

Is there any place where you can tell those cocksuckers to remove the Screenshots "feature"?

>Any suggestion for a better browser that's not Palememe?
try palemoon

I like the screenshot tool

Attached: Screenshot-2018-6-9 g - What kind of fuckery is this - Technology - 4chan.png (1413x343, 60K)

I guess it would work better as an official extension, taking screenshots is not an essential part of web browsing.

Waterfox

Attached: Waterfox+.png (256x256, 30K)

I think I agree with you but I think they stole the feature from Edge

Attached: 3 Second element screenshot.png (733x85, 5K)

Why use Firefox Screenshot when you can use the old, reliable scrot?

>Firefox
>stealing stuff from Edge

Attached: jesus.jpg (391x336, 93K)

Because you can select by element or screenshot the entire page. You're right that it should be a separate addon, but so should PDF.js and pocket.

Attached: Full Page g.png (1423x1631, 367K)

>>Firefox
>>stealing stuff from Edge
Typical ""originality"" of SJWs, Jews & Pajeets

Nah I will stick with printscreening shit to mspaint.

>pocket

Pocket is another Malware
>besides the Firefox Screenshots
>& the Mr.Robot Addon

Is the debian "lts" fork decent?

Fuck off, retard.
The screenshot tool on Firefox is GOAT.

Attached: youareafuckingretard.png (1237x2203, 497K)

Not when the picture is inadvertently being uploaded to a site owned by Mozilla without any warning/consent and without being fully necessary. Not to mention the constant silent updates I've already not agreed to but it keeps updating because fuck the user's choice.

Why get upset about free software? Just don't use it. Uninstall it and use something else or maybe go outside and browse your neighborhood and talk to people. Go to the library and read a book.

You're just now noticing this?
Also take note of how you don't have to log in for the server to know who you are and what screenshots you took, implying a unique browser ID.
Left FF as soon as this feature was implemented. It's only gotten worse since then. FF takes your address when you buy something online with the browser too.

Firefox has had screenshots forever dude. That's just a hamfisted UI for it so normies know that it exists too.

You can look at the server code to see how it's identifying you.

Here's how to take screenshots the right way
>press Shift+F2
>type in screenshot
>if you want to capture the entire page type in screenshot --fullpage
>they save into your default download directory

>palemoon
>default homepage connects to a million ad servers and trackers
>you absolutely can't avoid it unless you disconnect from the internet first
>blocks arbitrary addons (which, conveniently, were all privacy-enhancing, like NoScript) because the maintainer is a reterded furfag who doesn't want people hurting his ad revenue
>connects to mozilla's geolocation servers still
meme

This, you could take a screenshot from the console since forever. Ignorance is bliss it seems.

They're removing the GLCI.

Well, shit, guess I'll finally have a reason to dump Firefox. That was literally the only reason I still used it.

What features do you use? Could just recreate them with an extension.

I mostly use it to screenshot and restart browser. It's seamless and convenient. Taking screenshots and restarting without it is possible without addons but way more of a chore. Once GLCI is removed I might as well just switch to a different browser if I'm going to have to use addons or some shitty GUIs to do something that previously took me 2 seconds.

Attached: 1527962026398.png (256x256, 18K)

They're piling in more and more shit so we talk about that instead of the telemetry and safebrowsing that collects every website you visit, even every link you mouse over (DNS prefetching), and shares it with Google. Moves the overton window, you see.

>blocks arbitrary addons
You can turn this off in the options.

A simple addon would let you do it just with button in toolbar or whatever.

Like I said, if I'm going to have to use addons to replace missing functionality, I might as well switch away from Firefox.

THe screenshots UI is easy...

You can disable safe browsing easily, and Mozilla is adopting DoH with Cloudflare in their latest experiments to improve DNS privacy

>trusting cloudflare
>thinking dns over https is a good idea

the only thing defensible is safe browsing e.g. for normalfags who arent worried about phoning home, but still theres probably a better solution for that

legit question
im using furryfox 48.0, what version should i upgrade to if i should in the first place
and redpill me on some concerns about ff privacy issues nad shit like that

ff is botnet opt out now

any real reasons apart from egdy memeys?

Turn off pocket shit.

they had opt out random data mining with some 3rd party site, now ff screensots as well are auto uploaded to the cloud

have never used this kind of bullshit, it needs some account doesnt it?
48 doesnt have those screenshots as far as i know
that was the reason i downgraded from 50ish some version

and what if I only want a specific portion of the viewport?

>now ff screensots as well are auto uploaded to the cloud
No they're not.

this, should be pinned on the taskbar as default

This can only copy what's on your monitor. Firefox screenshot can include parts of the page that aren't currently in view.

yeah theyre uploaded to that site

Only if you hit the button, it's not automatic.

That's really nifty, but I certainly ain't upload my shit intothe cloud. Who even thought this was a good idea? Why doesn't save open a friggin save dialog window?

No they're not. There is the option to upload or save to local disk. Good god this board complains about the stupidest shit without even knowing what you're talking about.

You can set extensions.screenshots.disabled to true in about:config

Does Firefox run better than Chrome yet?

Asking for my ancient laptop.

Attached: switch-to-firefox.fb1c114dfd84[1].png (643x377, 35K)

and you can also disable the uploading in about:config as well.
The settings not being in the graphical settings panel does not mean you do not have control over it.
Choosing which entries should be available in the graphical panel is a difficult task. Everyone must be about satisfied, and new users must not be overwhelmed.

It took me literally 5 seconds to open up about:config and type screenshot in the searchbar.

No.

Even if you don`t use the "firefox screenshots
" the browser sends screenshots to (((them))) in background

Attached: jew cloud computing.png (200x252, 12K)

Shit laptop here, Chromium is faster than everything else

nice sources faggot

Is Vivaldi any decent?

Attached: 2368c264.jpg (587x585, 31K)

It is in fact the patrician's browser choice. Still got a few quirks and stuff to be worked on though, but it's coming along nicely. Using it on W7 btw, I've only sparingly used it on Linux (Antergos) where it freezes up randomly but that's probably because it's running on a toaster by today's standards

Seamonkey?
Pale Moon?
Midory?
Arora?

Nowadays Firefox is just on par(or very slightly slower) than Chrome. In my case I use it because I like more the new design they have applied(and I also don't want to be tracked by G)

A bit ironic that people who say GUIs are for plebs complain about all the options not being in the GUI

netsurf did nothing wrong

it's what firefox should have become

what the fuck
this "feature" of 62 will break hosts files, dns adblocking and will send all dns request to an american company without telling the users
blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/

:^)

>>default homepage connects to a million ad servers and trackers
flat-out false
>>blocks arbitrary addons (which, conveniently, were all privacy-enhancing, like NoScript) because the maintainer is a reterded furfag who doesn't want people hurting his ad revenue
It was Ad Nauseum that was affected, and the devs themselves say how you can enable it by changing a single integer in the config. And honestly, way too few people use Ad Nauseum for its purpose to come true. As it is, all it does is give jewclicks to ad agencies.

>>connects to mozilla's geolocation servers still
>Recently, Google, the default geolocation provider (point 1 above) used in Mozilla products since Firefox 3.5.*, changed the way they provide their geolocation services to web browsers, limiting access to the API by way of a secret key only used by official Mozilla Firefox builds. As a result, geolocation in Pale Moon broke because the Google servers refused to provide a response without the key. Individual developers would have to purchase a business key to continue using the geolocation services, and pay-per-volume.
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=3658
Not to mention you can avoid that too if you're not a filthy casual.

I'm only bothering taking the bait because cucks would believe you.

Attached: 66631533_p26.png (1300x1300, 1.26M)

>blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/
What is happening to Firefox?
Where am i suppose to go? Back to seamonkey?

For toasters, Palememe is the only full-featured choice.

Idk what palememe is but pale moon is pretty good.

Attached: bappu.jpg (240x240, 11K)

It's not going to be enabled by default.
It's for people in shitty countries to get around filters etc.

Wrong.
>Firefox does not yet use DoH by default. See the end of this post for instructions on how you can configure Nightly to use (or not use) any DoH server.
>not yet […] default

You can choose to just copy to cache or save the image to your computer, without uploading anything.
You're just dumb.

Attached: yesaretardindeed.png (1243x165, 53K)

Attached: werks for me.png (1033x187, 22K)

funny how only the cloud button is colored, as if to call attention to it, or something

No problems with that at all.
Normies want to take an screenshot and get a link to send to their friends, and that's what Mozilla is providing with that. Convenience. In fact, I'd rather upload it to the Mozilla servers than to imgur or other shit like that.
The problem is with all these 'powerusers' on Jow Forums, that completely ignore the fact that you don't need to upload the screenshot because they are so autistic that they can only see the colored button, so they just bandwagon to call it ~~le botnet.
Fuck off.

>t. Mozilla employee

Sorry, I'm not gay/SJW enough to work at Mozilla.

All the cool bois are using Waterfox.

Safe browsing downloads a malicious websites database from Google and then checks visited websites against it locally. There's no phoning "home". Google cannot track you this way.

Need to work your way up on Google first.

Set extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled to true and you'll never see it again.

>tfw still looking for a collection of all XUL/XPCOM docs so I can make Palememe addons
WebExt doc is all nice and collected to a single page on MDN, but despite having over a decade to do it with XUL/XPCOM, Mozilla never did it. This was particularly aggravating with regards to IDL and interfaces and shit. MDN lists some that literally return no results on Google that aren't in the of middle someone's crash message.

An IDE with browser integration would be nice too. I mean, just about any IDE can integrate out-of-the-box or with a plugin with FF in order to debug web apps, but few can do it to addons. I searched up and down and it seems Light Table, Atom, Sublime, Webstorm and VSCode all have "Firefox integration" but only the latter two actually mention being able to debug FF addons as opposed to just web apps. And then there's the mater of making them work in PM. I'll try those and report in /dpt/ and/or /wdg/ if I manage to do it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Attached: 44555777_p0.jpg (1000x1487, 493K)

It's not a game, fuckwit.

>taking screenshots is not an essential part of web browsing
I disagree

Same, who the hell doesnt?

>select by element

That's fucking neat holy shit. There's so many screenshot extensions for autoscrolling but they don't work when CSS hijacks the scrollbar and instead you scroll through divs. This feature would let me screengrab the whole page.

you're both wrong, it's been a thing for a while now as a developer feature

chrome is fast because it uses a massive amount of system resources.
firefox is the most efficient browser.

just compile it without it

~6 years ago

how is waterfox any different tho?

Do you know what free software mean?

Is Opera any good?

It's now owned by the Chinese. You know what that means.

Developed by only one guy. This alone raises some concerns.

Wow, you're right! This is a pretty impress feature, wouldn't you agree, unknown friend?

You mean firefox-esr? It's slower for me at rendering than the latest FF.

This link has some helpful info: forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19207#p141793

If you ever manage to make one and want to publish it too, check here: developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site

Looks perfect to get started, thank you. Tho I'll still have to look ou for more "secret" APIs in MDN's mess of a site. Don't you hate it when you have to come up with a messy solution to some Byzantine problem, only to find out there was an obscure native function that did the same thing?

Attached: 1286875649795.png (493x402, 10K)

scrollbar hijacking needs to die

Waanh, I'm using a company's software for free and they're using me to gain information about general user activities that I completely consented to when I installed, waanh!