Google to end support for many of their phones and tablets

>Google to end support for many of their phones and tablets
>Nexus 6P, 5X, and Pixel C will be not longer supported
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03/google-ends-major-os-support-for-the-nexus-phones-and-pixel-tablet/

What the FUCK, Google. So many times of retards saying that other OEMs were to blame for bad support and now Google is doing the exact same shit.
First, they start making Pixel phones without headphone jack, with notch and glass back, and now this. I'm really getting sick of their bullshit.

Attached: 01-google-pixel-c-100631974-primary.idge.jpg (620x413, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66298954
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy new phone goyim.

hahaha time to buy new phones lagdroid fags

What's the point of a 10 inch Android tablet when we have chromebooks?

Android is a better OS so they have that going for them. That said, I bought an iPhone SE because of this shit. 2 years support and rampant abandonment of premium devices is just fucked. Then again, anyone who owns a tablet of any kind deserved this. Tablets are shit.

the iPhone SE is bretty gud. I wish there were powerful android phones without being phablet-sized

Flash a custom ROM.

Just a reminder the iPhone 5s is getting iOS 12 and it was released in 2013.

This is why you don't buy lagdroid.

I think you mean "Flash some pajeet ROM that will be always on beta and keep breaking something with each release". Even Lineage isn't safe.

bud bud ding ding 2.99
no OS update its new phone time

Attached: sundurr.jpg (960x1248, 340K)

Well I flashed Lineage an year ago and it has worked flawlessly so far. Prior to flashing the android version was 6.x and the security definitions were an year old. Now it's 7.1.2 and up to date security definitions.

Xperia XZ2 compact/Pixel 1, both are 5"

>Well I flashed Lineage an year ago and it has worked flawlessly so far
It works on my machineā„¢.
Being more fair, it depends on the device and the build. Still, it really sucks that the userbase has to fix the garbage that Google does.

Literally slow as a Moto G3 these days.

Enjoying your 50% speed decrease after a year?

>buying a phone that won't get updates in less than a year

>muh lineage

Pixels have LineageOS, so who cares.

Has it already been two years since the 6P and 5X were shat onto the world? Wow, time flies! So does this mean that there are no more security updates come September?

The ridiculous sizes of Android phones and the pathetic OS update support both pushed me into an SE. I wish I hadn't listened to Jow Forums on iOS for so many years. Frankly, 90% of it is the exact same as Android.

But the iPhone 5c was also released in 2013 and it got dropped after iOS 10. And the price difference from the 5s was what? $100? Basically, what happened was this: if you were a regular high-paying Apple customer, you got treated well. If you dared go for the budget option, you were a fucking dirt-covered peasant in their eyes. Apple isn't universally perfect.

Without replaceable batteries most phones are useless inside of two years anyhow.

Wasn't that the 6 and the 7, or am I missing something?

Attached: 6756.jpg (802x510, 111K)

Basically this. With roms out there I really could care less about updates. Battey life otoh is key. Phones with no replaceable battey are worse than shit.

I replaced the battery on my iPhone 6 before Apple even offered their $30 special, it was fairly simple as long as you aren't an ape. I'm sure the same could be said for a lot of Android phones.

>flash rooms developed by pajeet and signed by mohandas

Reminder that this iPajeet literally outed himself.

/thread

Its a photoshopped joke. Are you literally blind?

>>i-i-i-i was just PRETENDING to shit in the street!
>this desperate ipajeet in absolute panic mode after outing himself actually trying to pretend ios isnt ios
L M A O

Attached: 1510824621375.png (960x792, 1.46M)

Take you meds, bro.

Doesn't make sense desu

Apple is supporting phones from 2013 and is the 9th biggest company in the world and all they do is sell phones and laptops. Alphabet has its dick in everything and is only 65th even though you have to buy new phones because of its weird fragmented OS nightmare that makes you replace your phone if you want to get Android P when it actually releases

Look at this I FOUND YOUR SCREENSHOT YOU DELETED LAST THREAD LMAO

Attached: android so shit.png (334x758, 19K)

>this desperation
L M A O

Attached: 1528357955517.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

So you think Selena Gomez sent nudes to an Indian?

Attached: totally real interactions.png (1041x843, 652K)

Yes of course I told you its a real image fucking itoddler!!!!!!! selena just likes brown guys

>ipajeet so desperate to shill his fruit shit he makes a fake celebrity account to send himself messages
P A T H E T I C
>ends up exposing that he lives in india
T O P K E K
>doubling down on damage control and samefagging
A P E X K E K

Attached: 1523431109046.jpg (2197x1463, 1.51M)

>makes a fake celebrity account to send himself messages

You are beyond retarded and terribly autistic. iPhones don't display notifications like that, not that you'd know. I don't know why you hate white people so much.

its not fake fuck you itoddler its real fucking applefag

How will iPajeet ever recover?

>buying Android

us iboys amirite?

Attached: 1523331038919.png (1536x2048, 2.94M)

The Future

Attached: 841afba15994d3f04cb2157ad1e24c8d557cf3523764f984ef873272759462a9b8bece9425c45845f52f7a0442817082f6d1 (500x227, 70K)

Because the 5c was 32bit, the 5s is 64 bit, every 64 bit device iDevice is supported by ios12

I honestly wouldn't even care all that much about a new phone every two years if it didn't feel like such a waste of resources. I wish they could be reused or recycled for some purpose, like building the newer phones. But no.

>Actually considering NOT running CopperheadOS on the above phones

>flash custom rom
>problem solved
Wew that was hard.

Why is this the only post with Copperhead?

It's the superior OS in all aspects. Left Gapps thanks to it!

This, no reason to use Lineage when Copperhead exists.

>muh lineage os
You faggots are pretty much saying it's okay for users to do Google's job for free.

Should be said that Copperhead is just for several of the Nexus and Pixel phones.

and the iPhone 5s is still getting the new ios.....

planned obsolescence is okay on jewgle land, and the shills eat it up.

Attached: 1525375520380.jpg (480x470, 42K)

oh wow google half-assing something I shocked

You got btfo ipajeet, deal with it.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66298954

whiter than you'll ever be. enjoy your one year rental phone

>Applel is the only company that ensures their hardware gets security updates for more than 3 years anymore
Where did everything go wrong? Reminder that Windows 10 will be 3 years old next month, can you imagine buying a new Windows 10 machine when Windows 10 came out and being forced to upgrade for security reasons as of next month? It bothers me that mainstream custom ROMs for Android based devices such as LineageOS aren't massively popular as a way to deal with this, it really shows how little people care about companies fucking them.

>a literal poo in loo that gets paid 2 rupees per shill by applel thinks he'll ever be whiter than an actual white person

Attached: 1504725140712.png (803x753, 514K)

meanwhile my iphone 5s is still getting os updates

You're not fooling anyone iPajeet.

>ensures their hardware gets security updates for more than 3 years anymore
>being forced to upgrade for security reasons
>i-i-i-iits good when applel does it its bad when anyone else does it!!!111
The ACTUAL state of iTard delusion.

Attached: 1515615923743.jpg (1157x812, 237K)

>replies to a post that refers to Apple as Applel and expresses concern that custom ROMs aren't more popular for Android based devices
>accuses them of being an Apple fanboy
Are you actually retarded?

>it's good when applel """updates"""" and throttles my lagPhone for years!
>it's bad when M$ provides 10 years of updates for every windows version!
At least you tried Pajeet.

And that they drop support of the phone at the exact same time as Google

>50% of thread is just ipajeet shill getting banned and recursively deleted
Fucking kek.

Attached: 1515090259436.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

Shouldn't mean it's unusable, should it?

It's still safer than Stock or Lineage.

Safer than stock? I guess yes.
Safer than LOS? Maybe not, as lineage will keep receiving security patch

With the PaX and stuff, I think it's long before it catches up.

How will iPajeet ever recover?

iPajeet BTFO

I once talked to a Google employee, he warned me to never buy a Pixel or Nexus.
Google Smartphones and Tablets are a side-project that can be abandoned at any moment without repercussions.
Their objective was to have devices to test shit on not to make a brand to compete in the smartphone market.

Pretty much this. Google isn't a hardware company or even a half-ass one like MS. Buy from a legit OEM like Samsung or Sony.

>android
>on tablets
Top kek