NordVPN, never again

>be me
>thinking about switching to NordVPN
>see ad for it today put on TV
>claims to protect users from hackers (what the fuck is https)
>also claims to offer MILITARY GRADE ENCRYPTION
What the fuck? I ain't touching that S hit anymore. What the fuck is military grade encryption? Encryption either works or doesn't.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x800, 32K)

Well, some encryptions are certified by military or intel agencies.

The military has pretty good standards for encryption. Encryption doesn't just work or doesn't work. You should take a class or read a book about it because it's really quite interesting. Similarly, there's more to protecting yourself from hackers than just using https.
It seems that you've used your limited knowledge to scare yourself by misinterpreting dumb marketing buzzwords. Get a clue before you start preaching like you know shit.

But VPNs only offer encrypted tunnels and possibly data obfuscation and dnscrypt. I'm gonna assume that's meant to protect from decrypting captured packets or MITM with SSLstrip and HTHS bypass. People usually get hacked through payloads in files or exploits or phishing scans, stuff that can't be protected with a simple encrypted VPN connection. And no, blocklists or alerts from VPN companies probably won't cover that.

So explain again how are you going to crack that ssl certificate or 4096 bit key. I'll wait, fine sir.

man in the middle attacks

It's not all about protecting what's on the page, it's also about hiding what pages you view and what files you download.

https will stop me from seeing what you read on a page, but it won't stop me from seeing what sites you used. using a vpn hides both.

Just fucking get Mullvad

>what is an anti arp service

Attached: 1528391814582.jpg (1122x1114, 95K)

Yes, VPN hiding what you browse is obvious. I was talking about cracking encryption

>fine sir
I'm sure they'd be happy to help you over at one of the various incompetent Reddit groups.

>not knowing about FIPS-140

They just using meme words to sell their service to normalfags. The only real issue with nordvpn is their shitty speeds.

What VPN do you recommend guys?

The gorvenment doesn't play fair fagot. It cheats. Encryption is a meme. CAs and ISPs collide with three letter agencies all the time. They just need the proper documentation like a proof of address or something to spy your ass.
Look up how they caught all those deep web computer whizzes a while back. Yes the browser will warn you. But you are human and maybe through frustration you click through the errors. Some fagots even have certificate validation turned off. Some VPNs leak addresses. Electron apps will fuck you in the ass. They are a fucking mini browser.
It's like you vs a well funded ivy league graduated dept. You NEET cucks will lose 100% of the time.

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 56K)

Military grade is a substitute term for outdated and/or unmaintained and/or lowest-bidder garbage.

Fucking this. At one point, before I actually bought a VPN, I considered either IVPN or Mullvad. The more I read, the more Mullvad seemed like the only sane choice.

VPNs are fucking useless.
Oh, you don't trust your ISP, so now you're gonna trust a third party and their ISP?

NordVPN keeps logs and will give them up in court.

PIA on the other hand continually prove they don't keep logs in court.

I have stolen accounts for like 5 different VPN services. I rarely use them unless I need an IP in some specific country. I'm not worried about logging because the way I connect to the internet is less than legit. Someone else's IP in the logs. Someone else's info on the account. Just how I like it.

that's not cracking

>I don't have a first clue about what VPNs are

You haven't even described the reason you're never using their service ever again.
How come you didn't mention this?