Daily reminder that if you use spaces you're fucking degenerate

Daily reminder that if you use spaces you're fucking degenerate

Attached: tabs-vs-spaces.png (669x441, 35K)

Your image lit- oh wait, stack overflow rep. Yeah, stack overflow spergs are the primo degenerate

I use whatever my source-code beautifier is set to for whatever coding standards I'm currently at. I think my vim is set to spaces but the beautifier would just change it down the road to tabs if need be. So basically, nobody cares.

>oh wait, stack overflow rep. Yeah, stack overflow spergs
Stack overflow rep is cheap as shit if you aren't retarded. I asked like two questions and now have 2k rep.

>80% of devs are morons and use Tabs
>20% that actually have experience use spaces

good job faggot

Any dev that uses tab will eventually run into conversion problems and will at that point convert to space.

>needing indentation
>needing multiple lines
All code on one line master race.

>not just using tabbed spaces

Bet your co-workers love you

>most developers prefer tabs
Seems like the correct answer is obviously spaces then. CS majors are brainlets.

Now apply this logic with OS market share. Oh wait, it doesn't work just like it doesn't here.

I do whatever the fuck I want with my own projects, and it's four spaces. Othewise, the company decides.

All the stack overflow surveys give incredibly shit results. I'd take any data from them with an enormous grain of salt.

Daily reminder that if you spend any significant amount of time arguing over this shit instead of coding your are a failure at life.

This

hybrid? 2 spaces plus 1 tab indention looks good to me.

set tabstop=4
set expandtab

>Developers increasingly prefer spaces as they gain experience
Fuck off tab-loving noob

No, only 43% do. That's not Most.

>use something that uses spaces for the first time
>hit tab, it indents
>hit backspace, I have to do it 2 or 4 times until the identation goes away
if you use spaces, you're retarded

daily reminder that i don't give a fck

I'd like to use tabs, but I don't like how they are copied and pasted in mcedit. Tab auto replacements with spaced would be god tier.

>hit tab, it indents
>hit Ctrl+a, it moves me back to the beginning of the line

>Hit ctrl a
>Everything is highlighted

How do I become as good as you user

Stop using Windows

>older developers preferred spaces because it was the only sane option as tab support was shit
>never changed their preferences since humans rarely do
>HURR AS DEVELOPERS GAIN EXPERIENCE THEY START LIKING SPACES MORE
correlation != causation

conversion to what? 10 years programming and never had an issue with tabs. i fucking hate spaces, they're pointless extra work. "but i can send my code in email if i use spaces" fuck you bitch, when was the last time you did that.

shift-tab is the unindent operation, but i do agree with you.

>HURR AS DEVELOPERS GAIN EXPERIENCE THEY START LIKING SPACES MORE
That's actually true. I also started out liking camelCase, braces on the same line, and multiple variables declared comma delimited. I grew out of most of these things. I still do pointers next to the type though, haven't grown out of that one yet.

>Your editor just doesnt fix everything wrong with coding style magically.
You people sure are fuckin' stupid. Like that Sillicon Valley TV show meme stupid.

PEP-8 would like a word with you

this isn't the 90's retard

Only boomers use spaces because they couldn't adapt.

>fucks your makefile

Attached: 1519024874803.jpg (487x362, 24K)

>2018
>not using an IDE that makes tabs and spaces trivial

Attached: apucigtux.jpg (713x611, 62K)

Most text editors can easily translate tabs into spaces and handle unindents intelligently, even vim and emacs

I have literally never met a real person who prefers tabs

kek but most of the code is from the 90's

Anyone who's done coding for a real production environment knows that spending time entering & deleting spaces is a waste of fucking time. What matters is the end-product (and on-time delivery). If I have to spend time reworking your FUBAR code because you suck, at least do me the courtesy of making me delete one TAB instead of 4 spaces.

>33.6% using spaces
holy shit

I hit `tab` and get 4 spaces. This is the preferred style.

are you a faggot webdev by any chance?

Webdevs use 2 spaces, look at the unreadable source of any web page

Smart tabs > spaces or tabs
Prove me wrong if you can.