/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot of tutorials on Youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=YySa723VD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost 2 offsets to overclock Ryzen 2000X series!
>Delid i5/i7 -K series

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen is unlocked)
>Only Z-series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Heavy usage/mutitasking
>32GB+ - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or RX 570/580; currently overpriced
>GTX 1070/Vega 56 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p
>GTX 1080Ti

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better price/GB) instead of small SSD & large HDD.
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>2K is not 1440p
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: Altair 8800 LGR.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883288162
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Vbhj4D/aoc-monitor-i2379vhe
pchubonline.com/
dynaquestpc.com/
nzxt.com/products/h200-matte-white)
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811315003
pcpartpicker.com/list/cbdfdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/Tqgh7W
youtube.com/watch?v=jGUFYek8Tw4
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YsTVFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/YsTVFt
youtube.com/watch?v=A8VrFUi79yo
youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8
pcpartpicker.com/product/hwDJ7P/adata-xpg-gammix-d10-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-ax4u300038g16-dbg
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dFQgnH
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232092
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232737
pcpartpicker.com/product/4t3H99/asus-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega56-o8g-gaming
pcpartpicker.com/product/sqp323/acer-monitor-xf270hu
techspot.com/review/1505-intel-core-8th-gen-vs-amd-ryzen/page4.html
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8600K/3937vs3941
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232713&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VX2476-SMHD for $139.00AUD (so like 105.68USD) refurbished with a 3 month warranty. Just looking for a IPS 1080p 24inch. I only play civs so no need for high refresh - I have a thinkpad with no graphics anyway - and I don't really do serious photography.

bought this for $150
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883288162

plan on adding a cheap gpu and 8gb ram
how does Jow Forums think it'll perform?

I have a meshify c. d15 fits with lpx ram and just with flare xx

sounds like a good cop

>3 month warranty
ehh idk

Can a 1060 do 4K better than a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X at 30 FPS? Can it even do 60 FPS at 4K?

It's good but you could get a new 23" IPS for $10 more
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Vbhj4D/aoc-monitor-i2379vhe

yes, ofc its better than a consloe. 60fps 4k what? csgo sure. witcher maxed? lol

just realized neither of the monitors are VESA mount compatible, so nope on both.

Know anything similarly sized and priced (can be a bit higher) that has a mount.

Idk why shills say the RX580 isn't good for 1440p.
I'm playing games at 2560x1600 usually at 70-100 fps.

Maybe slightly. Thing is that Pascal doesn't scale as well into high resolution. But since Xbox One X is similar to an RX570, 1060 should still outdo it in 4K in console ports.
That's in theory... the ports can lack the same 4k optimizations and Windows is less optimal for gaming so in practice things can be different.

Where are you going to get this mythical 4K Gysnc monitor that's cheaper than Freesync, though?

Was gonna say... there are 75hz IPS around that price, generally.

Doesn't even seem worth $150 unless you're including $100 for retail windows.
But you'll still get fine performance in like pre-2015 games assuming you get like a 265 or something.

Someone recommend me a smaller case yeah thanks

Attached: Untitled.png (900x800, 593K)

have amerimutts really ditched cd/dvd drives? in europe a lot of people still have them, they take up like no space and are very convenient

Lian Li PC-V700

nah, let it be there. you have a space for a rad in case you gonna get one.

Kys LGR.

>wasting money on liquid cooling
For what reason?
More money than sense?

If i can get an EVGA 1080ti for $750 should i get it or wait till nvidia rolls our the 11 series?

is 2666 too low of a ram frequency to have a futureproof mobo?

best clean/cheap/free ways to reduce sagging on heavier graphics cards?

Attached: hmm.png (705x600, 161K)

Actually sorry brah, it was PC-A55B
been a while since I looked up Lian Li.

Attached: PC-A55B.jpg (1500x1279, 539K)

I'm sorry for bugging you with these specific questions, but the only 75hz monitors with Freesync I can find in this shithole are the LG IPS panel with 5ms response time or the Viewsonic VX2457 with a TN panel that has some spotty reviews. Is it still worth getting a 75hz panel with Freesync at this point?

There are shitloads more than that.
HP Omen/Pavillion/Envy 32" is 75hz VA freesync.
AOC has one with the same panel
A few korean brand monitors exist too.
There are many more, that's all the monitors with the same AUO 31.5" MVA panel though.

Also 144hz IPS and VA freesync monitors exist.
a 200hz 25" 2560x1080p freesync also exists.

Where there hell did you even look?

These two stores seem to be the cheapest here in the Philippines. Just trying to see if I can save a few bucks with a 75hz instead of a 144hz one.
pchubonline.com/
dynaquestpc.com/

I use an external dvd drive now

Should I just craigslist this shit and give up?
>buy poorfag ryzen build
>mobo has old bios
>rma board
>new board is compatible but ATX
>build was planned with an MATX case
>buy new case
>when I RMA'd the board I put in the mounting bracket for the CPU's heatsink

What should I even do? The only replacement bracket on amazon is $8 and someone said it shorted their board.
After market cooler?

Attached: index.jpg (227x222, 5K)

Hey anons, since I'm not particularly well versed in PC building I was wondering if y'all can give me some advice on what to buy. I'm not doing a full PC build, but rather giving a new home for some of my existing parts. I need:
>a new PSU
>a new case (highly prefer a small form factor such as mITX, preferably white, preferably aesthetically pleasing) (like this? nzxt.com/products/h200-matte-white)
>a new motherboard

The reason being is that I have a prebuilt HP Pavilion computer that's starting to show its age. The PCI x16 lane on my motherboard is fucked up so sometimes it detects my GPU and sometimes not, but usually the latter. Not to mention that the case is ugly as fuck, and I hate the non-modular PSU that came with it.

Anyways I'm on a budget ($150-$300) and fortunately putting together a functional is all a matter of finding a few more quality+compatible parts. Here are my prebuilt specs:
>Sapphire Radeon RX 550 (PCI x16 lane)
>Wireless AC1200 Dual Band PCIe Desktop Adapter (PCI x1 lane)
>Intel Core i5-4590
>Samsung 850 Pro 256gb SSD
>1x8gb DIMM DDR3 ram (some samsung brand, I can check for the exact model if needed)

Attached: pls-help-ranko.jpg (800x1000, 407K)

>crysis
>in the year of our lord (3000-982)

i feel bad for you but this is entirely your fault
dont give up now
just buy another heatsink or use ryzen stock heatsink

with stats like that you might as well just ebay

i got a 2600k case/mobo/ram/psu for about $130 once shipping is factored in
only really got it because my brother needed an upgrade from his pentium g620

What do you mean with mounting bracket?

>entirely your fault
Mostly my fault*. MSI said the board would work on their site and Amazon gave me an old one. Rest yeah.
So, the board comes with some bullshit screwed into the CPU. You take it out, put the bracket for the heatsink in(which came with my CPU) and that bracket is in the box of the RMA'd board.

I found different brackets on Amazon that have no reviews and are plastic. How the fuck does a bracket short out a board anyway?

2700x + stock cooler vs 2600x stock cooler. Which one would you recommend/buy for yourself at the listed price points?

Yeah I considered buying the parts second hand, but I don't want to go through the hassle of travelling around to pick up stuff from strangers and I'd rather them be shipped to my doorstep via Amazon/newegg/etc.

The specs aren't demanding but I just don't know what brands are memes and non-memes and I don't trust tech website reviews.

Getting a pico psu for 300w, but how do I find a laptop brick that'll provide that much power?

Second question
I tried to calculate power usage and basically anything besides celeron+mobo without too many fans would need 200w+. What 150w psus are for?

Here, ordered a new bracket, build delayed another 2 days minimum.
The SSD, Ram, or Mobo could all be defective.
I built one rig when I was 17 ordered all from newegg in one go and one shot it, no problems.
I've slaved in a kitchen for 2 months now ordering parts when I can and it's been an absolute fucking headache.
>AMD
Not even once.
>Bleeding edge technology
NOT EVEN ONCE
>fell for the Ryzen meme
sepukku is the only option

Can you send a link or a photo of it?

Check the second video in the OP and screenshot the bracket when you see it

love that case, also love the PC-V33WX

I've been warning you faggots about this dumb shit.

Jonsbo U4 newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811315003

Very nice.
Though I prefer PSU where 5.25" bays are. Gives room for a longer GPU just in case.
And PSU fan should be facing the front intake. Lian Li always manages to fuck at least one very important detail up every time.

I don't think 5ms at 75hz is going to be too slow. Ideally you'd be able to try it out in person, though.
That user is obviously not in the USA.

Why the fuck didn't you just get the bootkit, or have a local shop update BIOS? Holy fuck.
>when I RMA'd the board I put in the mounting bracket for the CPU's heatsink
LMAO. Donate your money to charity you don't deserve it.
>fell for not educating yourself

I had a similar but not nearly as bad experience once. Had to return a motherboard to local store and forgot the i/o plate. Had to return home to get it before I could return it.

That's rough.
Single channel hurts.
I'd try selling the prebuilt for what you paid for it if possible? idk.
I'm struggling to understand how a prebuilt wound up having an RX550, a year old GPU, combined wtih an i5-4590, a like 4 year CPU or whatever.
The only thing good in that build is the SSD...

idk depends on lots of shit.
If getting the 2700X means not enough for B-die, or shitty 120gb SSD, then not worth it basically. Though also depends if you can really make use of 8 cores for what you'll use it for, in which case you might not need b-die.

>tfw new APUs don't work on W7
Guess I'll fall for the microjew.

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this build. Should I add intake fans or is the default one enough?
pcpartpicker.com/list/cbdfdX

>Still sticking with W7
I'm a penguin fucker and even I wonder why people still stick with windows 7. It's reminding me more and more of when people obstinately refused to upgrade from XP. Yes 10's push is aggressive, but from a security perspective it's what the masses have needed for years.

>got an AMD CPU
I didn't fuck myself, did I?
/v/ is just memeing me, right?

which one
I picked up a 5800k years ago and i was surprised by its performance, but that was a while ago

ryzen 5 1600X

>pcpartpicker.com/list/cbdfdX

there is absofuckinglutley no reason in heaven or hell to get a 2200g over a 2400g

i am sending you a cute to make up the price difference if you decide not to get the 2400g you must send me a cute to repay me

Attached: 1523173867821.gif (500x281, 1.94M)

>security perspective
>OS is literally built from the ground up to be spyware

Attached: 1524259646704.jpg (295x378, 10K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/Tqgh7W
Thoughts on this build? I'm gonna upgrade my storage and cooler a little bit later, my goal right now is to future proof for a bit with the monitor, motherboard, and the case. Did I do good?

Jesus fucking Christ can't wait for 7 to become the next XP in

2700 vs 2700X, is the 20~30$ worth to get the X one?

happily

Attached: 1528540575465.png (475x475, 264K)

thats nearly hopeless. well, you can start getting another 8gb stick and maybe upgrade the gpu

you get a super rad cooler that performs extremely well with the X, plus you can do more with it, so definatly yes x1000

Attached: photo_2018-04-16_12-15-27.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

>wahh my dragon dildo preferences are being stolen
ok enjoy the next eternal blue, shitlord

Friendly reminder to everyone that the Phanteks P400 is a piece of literal garbage. I ended up replacing it with a Meshify C, and my temps literally dropped 15 degrees.

actually the stats I'm seeing look pretty good for the price.

current part list
pcpartpicker.com/list/yGMDjy
looking for recommendations for case and kb+m

Is it really worth the price difference though? I just need something for light gaming and whatever a computer science student does, so I figured the 2200G would be enough.

Attached: 56765747_p3.jpg (992x1403, 508K)

>euroshits
>usign decade old technology
Yep, makes sense.

> >euroshits
> >usign decade old technology
> Yep, makes sense.
No, it's not. Or what is it, a comeback for using modern chip&pin cards?

What should i upgrade? This build is from 2013.

Attached: 1.png (607x501, 28K)

that's newer than my build

nothing

You can play 1080p 60fps on high in all modern games, no need for an upgrade.

R5 1600 or 2600X?

Would it be better to get 2600X or use cost savings to improve rest of the build?

Built PC. Shit is hot. Used the stock AMD cooler with the pre applied thermal paste. Sorry if this is creeping into tech support.

Attached: hot.png (644x404, 54K)

AMD has a real retarded temperature offset so I wouldn't trust these numbers. Use Overdrive and look at the margin temperature, way more credible.

>about to move to another country to get masters
>let's switch to mitx so pc's easier to get around
>fuck ram needs replacing because only 2 dimms
>fuck psu needs replacing its too big
>fuck cooler needs replacing its too big
>fuck me now it's over 500 dollars because I live in not freedomland and things are fucking expensive
choose wisely first time around folks

Attached: 796379045.jpg (117x197, 13K)

Attached: Under Budget.png (808x2000, 276K)

Recommendations for a 24-27" gsync with a non-g counterpart? I want to build a 3x setup (left right center) where the center is g but the sides are otherwise identical

how much of a meme is gsync / freesync ?

Air 540

What's a good card for 720p?
That will run modern games in 720p60fps and maybe some in 1080.
I am from Brazil, budget is really really tight

GT 1030 (GDDR5, not DDR4 version) might be something for you though in modern AAA games that shit might even struggle in 720p. I would rather get the GTX 1050 for $30 more.

yes nice.

1050ti. else, check the local used market.

Video card
2600X for sure
Now I know why poor people kill themselves
Ryzen APU

Attached: __bellezza_felutia_original_drawn_by_felutiahime__7cd3ab9c22b3c8b8126cc31fd2b4a796.jpg (589x720, 51K)

yes...its SO much better

plus its a super nice processor even without the integrated graphics, so if you wanted to get a good gpu later you can and you;d still have a sweet CPU backing it up

Attached: 1528205515587.jpg (501x501, 14K)

thank you for the cute have another

Attached: amadakokoro.jpg (1920x1274, 223K)

What kind of windows 7 should i get? Is there even much of a difference between them?

You can't max out demanding games and get 60fps 1440p with a RX580, maybe with some really good OC.

I can't with GTA V and Witcher 3 (Ryzen 2700, 16gb 3200mhz, getting 45-50), I can with most of the others like Doom and UE4 based games.

Going to pick up another RX580 for mining and crossfire gaming, wish me luck.

Attached: file.png (1231x694, 1.09M)

just get an ultrawide

Yeah.
But I've been thinking in getting a BluRay burner as an storage option. Anyone has experience on that?

youtube.com/watch?v=jGUFYek8Tw4

I'd appreciate some feedback on my build, /pcbg/. I think I've done a good job (at least, I've spent a lot of time on it), but it's my first ever build, so for all I know I completely fucked up.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YsTVFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/YsTVFt

My budget is ideally $1300 CAD, but by the time I've included a keyboard and some other peripherals I'll probably be closer to $1400 or even more, so I'd really rather not spend any more than what's already on the list (though I did allow myself to splurge with a 500GB SSD instead of an HDD, which I'll probably have to couple with a second SDD or HDD down the line since 500GB isn't that much). My usages are mostly 1080p gaming and some engineering simulations. While the 2 extra cores provided by the 1600 or the 2600 would be nice (especially for simulations), the 1600's unclocked speed is a fair bit lower than the 1500X's, and with only the stock cooler and no extra fans to begin with, the thermals might be a problem. Also, the 1500X is at a pretty good price right now.

As for the video card, that specific one is quite cheap at the moment, seems to be by far the best bang-for-your-buck, and according to reviews the thermals should be decent with it.

Regarding the memory, I'm aware that with a B350 mobo and a 1500X I might not actually reach 3000 MHz, but it's barely more expensive than 2666 MHz sticks, so I figure I might as well go for those (especially since they're on the mobo's QVL).

Attached: Untitled.png (1179x949, 97K)

4 threads is moar smooth, and better multithreading.

Is it worth 70% more? No not really, though they got on sale often and $70 on the total build price ends up not being that much.
Not sure why AMD didn't price 2200G at $110 and 2400G at like $145, really.

You can lock someone in a panic room, inside a fortress, on a remote island, but fill it with cameras to spy on them and they're still secure.
Win10 is quite a well secure OS for normies.

2700 to 2700X is well worth the price increase unless it's just for a home server or dedicated encoding box.

idk I thought so too. I don't get the meme and why many include it in their builds.

4790k if you can get one cheap and sell your 4c/4t trash. Used 980Ti or a 1070Ti if you find either cheap could also be a good upgrade. Cheaper for the former.

If you have to ask, probably 2600X, since i'm assuming gayming and shit.

look at budget builds youtube for ~150 bong SFF builds.
You also could have went mATX. It genuinely tends to be cheaper than either.

2200G for new build or get something used like a 750ti, R7 265, etc to add to current pc.
Don't waste money on a new 1030 or RX550. I'm sure they cost too much compared to used in your country.

Max settings is a retarded ass meme.
Especially since defered renderers are SCREEN SPACE SHADERS, so more pixels is more work, they tend to overwork for indecipherable quality increase at resolutions above 1080p.

I play almost all newer games (most all of them use a defered renderer) at 2560x1600 on my RX580 at 60fps minimum. Usually mix of high and medium, sometimes some things maxed. Looks better AND runs faster than 1920x1200 maxed.
This is a fucking fact. I don't give a shit about what your HUR DUR CAN'T BREATH OR THINK FOR MYSELF 1440p UlTRa SOOPER setting benchmarks say.
youtube.com/watch?v=A8VrFUi79yo
youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8

Last time I built a PC, the conventional wisdom was that i7s are frivolous overkill and that i5s had identical performance for gaming. Is this still true? Was it ever true?

I'm noticing that i7s from older generations are still practical for use (people even report using first-gen i7-950s etc with modern games), which make me suspect that an 8700k would be overkill right now but would also be a worthwhile futureproofing investment over an 8600k. Is this correct?

>blue screened because AODriver2.sys failed

Yeah, I dunno. My PC stutters and restarts without warning. It said it was like 40 degrees celcius in bios.

I'd get a B350M Mortar or a Tuf B350M-Plus, a MX500 250GB (slightly faster), a Focus G Mini and a cheaper kit
pcpartpicker.com/product/hwDJ7P/adata-xpg-gammix-d10-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-ax4u300038g16-dbg

>Not sure why AMD didn't price 2200G at $110 and 2400G at like $145, really.
Nvm I know why.
Because that would mean not enough 2500U to sell to OEMs.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YsTVFt
This for gayming?
You might want to wait for 2500X and b450 around the end of the July.
A 1500X certainly isn't going to bottleneck a 1060 or RX580... but 2500X would still last you longer without an upgrade with the lower memory latency and surely higher clocks. Not to mention it'll probably work well enough stock to not need an overclock like the 2600X and 2700X.
But if you can't wait, sure, sounds reasonable.
>600W PSU
overkill. 420-550 is good unless that 600W is simply cheaper than your 500-550 options.
>nonsync 60hz monitor.
Even if that 1060 is especially cheap (I don't know your prices), wouldn't it make more sense to get a 75hz Freesync IPS with an RX580 in the long run?
Really, really, really hard for me to recommend anyone get 60hz now days unless it's because they need high coverage of the DCI-P3 gamut.
>wifi card
Would probably be cheaper to get a motherboard with built in wifi.

You linked to US pcpp, it looks like.

I'm going to replace thermal paste on my Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ Special Edition.
What should I do before/after temps on other than furmark? What's actually consistent and doesn't cost money like Uniengine and 3DWiseau?

1500X is and always has been a bad idea
You can save money on RAM
And you may as well get a board with ac wifi for about the same price
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dFQgnH
Currently the only CPU from Intel worth considering is the 8700K
Not that it has a high value though (Ryzen is much better in that respect) so if that's what you want it for, don't.

Attached: __fujisaki_chihiro_danganronpa_and_danganronpa_1_drawn_by_mizuki_koko_lost__80a5e0950e003bd86ac4fda8 (410x530, 101K)

I'm going to be building a system with the r7 2700x. Right now I'm considering two ram kits that are around the same price:

3200 mhz with CAS 16 - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232092
3600 mhz with CAS 19 - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232737

The price difference between these kits isn't an issue. I'm inclined to go with the 3600 mhz kit because I know ryzen cares a ton about memory frequency, but I am worried about the high latency. Is the added latency bad enough to offset the 400 mhz frequency difference?

You might want to spend a bit more on a better GPU and an IPS panel (longer response time but better colors, there'a the cheaper NX-EDG27S too)
pcpartpicker.com/product/4t3H99/asus-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega56-o8g-gaming
pcpartpicker.com/product/sqp323/acer-monitor-xf270hu
Everything else looks good

If I was going to slap a newer GPU in an optiplex, which model should I be aiming for? Optiplex I mean

They are the same thing. You can manually OC the 3200 CL16 kit to 3600 CL19 just as well as the later kit would (or wouldn't) run off XMP profiles.
The later kit is just a meme. It's marketing.

We get this same question at least once every /pcbg/.

1500X was decent before on sale. Cheap 4c/8t.
user said it's much cheaper than 1600 in his or her(his) country and is making a considerably budget build.

I don't think it's ideal with 2500X coming soon and surely being at least 15% more gayming performance, plus hopefully better b450 boards, but it's not terrible. It's not like i5-7400 bad.

Pick the lower latency, if you can find a CAS 14 one even better

>only CPU from Intel worth considering is the 8700K
I disagree. The i5 8600k performs almost as well in pretty much any game but costs $100 less.
Proof:
techspot.com/review/1505-intel-core-8th-gen-vs-amd-ryzen/page4.html
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8600K/3937vs3941

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Tqgh7W
I missed this one.
Don't get Gigabyte graphics cards. Loud. Shit. In this case with Vega, fucking buggy because they don't cool the HBM properly.
Other user is correct that you can get a massively better card with the Strix for $30 more.

And I disagree on monitor. Nixeus is the one true choice. Or if bezels bother you, even though it's the best panel and features wise, get some Korean shit like Mbest which is the lowest response of any AHVA-IPS (including Gsync, as far as I'm aware)

Performs better with nothing running in the background, sure.
Real world performance of 8700k will be smoother. Or 2600X, for that matter.

Fuck. Why'd I even bother writing three sentences to you when you're some retard citing userbenchmark, anyway? Nevermind, just kill yourself.

It's generally not a good idea since you'd be limited by space and the low tier PSUs they come with, if you can find one cheap enough and you intend to drop a low profile GPU in there go for it but I'd get a 2200g and start saving up for a better one

They're similar in capability, so go with whatever is cheapest.
Also consider this maybe?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232713&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
When you have no upgrade path you may as well get the best available so at least you can hold on to your motherboard and RAM for a few years more

Attached: __hato_kenjirou_genshiken_drawn_by_zpolice__4cfb70d7fecc404775139381ebd3b3dc.jpg (432x748, 170K)