How is Signal NOT a honeypot?

How is Signal NOT a honeypot?
>rolls their own crypto just because
>uses your phone number which is as close to a natural unique identifier as it gets
>can't use the desktop application without a phone and SIM card
>not on f-droid
>doesn't want people to compile it and distribute it themselves
>bundles statistics, a crash reporter
>server is closed source
Legitimately I would feel more comfortable using FB messenger or that one chat from google over this.
It doesn't get shadier than this.

Attached: signal-messenger-fbi-subpoena.png (728x380, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server
github.com/copperhead/Noise
signal.org/android/apk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're all honeypots

there's no way to make money and even if purchased for the user base most don't have accounts or would move over to something else

Didn't they open source server?

github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server

As far as I understood it's only partially open source. Could be wrong, I only spent a few hours looking into it.

>own crypto
you mean telegram, not signal. dumb idiot

im glad someone has sense, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity OP

Chans have always been pots as well hence why VPN dynamic ips nodes are banned it's not because of shit posting it's also why we have google captcha to keep track as well as pass system this place been salted hard since 09

I'm still in wire, there is nothing better for a normie like me

Why are you lying on a chinese cartoon imageboard? Which part is not open source or are you just pulling shit out of your ass? You can see all the code there, retard.

Re

Attached: 1528550072257.png (1080x1080, 606K)

just use telegram

>not on F-droid
you should look at noise. It's set as a possible default for CopperheadOS. But you can download the website version now.

Got a link with some info?
I could only find this dead link github.com/copperhead/Noise
And noise isn't exactly a useful keyword for search engines

Finally someone with a brain

Use wickr

>Signal has full support for all features on CopperheadOS including voice and video calls but it isn’t optimized for low impact on battery life like Conversations. Copperhead used to have a fork called Noise removing the hard dependency on Google Play Services, which then became a rebranded build until full backups were supported to migrate away from it.

Noise is not updated anymore, since Signal itself can run w/o Google Play Services.

signal.org/android/apk/

The server doesn't need to be open source for it to be cryptographically secure.

The bigger concern is probably that the Signal app distributed through the Play Store has dependencies on Play Services.

I also think your claim the server is not entirely open source is wrong. I think people have made their own private servers and modified the client to connect to them. It's entirely undocumented, however.

I'll refer you here:
You can download Signal w/o Google Play.

Yeah, I saw your post right after the thread updated and realised I could have been misconstrued. It's possible to use it without play services as you correctly point out.

>just use telegram
Fuck off, Pavel.

either bait or retard

Signal has their own crypto but its actual secure and by now adapted by facebook, whatsapp and any other secure messenger.

its also completely open and well researched, spend a few classes of my crypto course about it

Signal crypto isn't really RYO since it's a fork of OTR