Distro is boring pls halp

i'm tired of mint, what should i try??

Attached: download.jpg (177x186, 4K)

debian or arch

i had debian for more than 3 years, arch was a piece of shit, what else?

get a job

Install Gentoo

i have a job as a web programmer for walmart, fuck tyou

sabayon

Manjaro
openSUSE

Debian but you'll have to spend time making it look and feel decent.

or maybe one of those slick new ones like elementaryOS or Solus

fuck your meme distro, kill yourself
thank you fellow user, will do

kill myself for using and recommending gentoo? you're in the wrong neighborhood.

To be fair, you're the one who brought up the "meme distro" to start with.

gentoo is a meme
repoman, ebuild.sh, i can go on

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as meme, is in fact, a good distro, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Glorious Gentoo. Gentoo is not a meme unto itself, but rather another component of a fully functioning Install Gentoo meme, created by the Jow Forums shitposters, applel shills and people who are unable to use Gentoo comprising a full meme as defined by everyone.

There really is a Gentoo, but these people aren't using it, it is just a part of the meme they use. Gentoo is the glory: the distro that compiles everything from source and allows for unlimited options. On Jow Forums, Gentoo is normally used in combination with the Install Gentoo meme: the whole meme is basically Gentoo with the word "Install" added, or Install Gentoo. All the so-called "Gentoo" memes are really memes of "Install Gentoo".

QA Rules, forcing someone to install python3 because upstream released it blah blah blah
Gentoo is shit

install gentoo

YOU FUCKIGB NIGGER FAGGOT, IF YOU MENTION YOUR MEME ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, I'LL TWIST YOUR HEAD 360 DEGREES AND THEN I'LL SMASH IT WITH A FUCKING SLEDGEHAMMER YOU PIECE OF SHIT. ERASE YOURSELF FROM EXISTENCE

>QA Rules
Do you want the system to be a mess of wildly different things that barely interoperate properly?
>Forcing python3
Nani? You're not supposed to run outdated software in a rolling release distro, but they still allow you to not update. python2 will be deprecated eventually.
not a meme

you too as well install gentoo

this is a friendly board. Also, apart from the initial configuration, which is involved with every linux distro, i'm left with a highly optimized, custom system.

More importantly, though, it's a hobbyist distro, and it will teach you more about how linux works than other distros. As the saying goes, Arch doesn't teach you linux, Arch teaches you Arch. Gentoo does teach you at least some Linux.

Regardless, the biggest choice you're usually making when choosing distros is initial config, package manager, and repos unless you're also interested in different file systems or kernels. Community can also be important. If you're having trouble deciding, look up the above info before anything else.

(OP)
install gentoo

install gentoo

You posted it yourself, OP.

If you can use a fully free distro (Parabola or Trisquel) do that.

>all the butthurt summerfags getting mad over gentoo
Gentoo is, and has always been, the Jow Forums distro of choice. But I bet you didn't even read the wiki, can you tell me again how it is called?

Gentoo is fun and easy, but if you have a life don't install it

Attached: jimbow@ShitToaster:~_001.png (779x426, 103K)

>arch was a piece of shit
>use Manjaro
kys

rm -r /*

Why dont you?

then get a gf

>distro is broing, what should I try
try doing something productive instead of swapping distros just because you are "bored" of them

15 seconds of my life died for this.