Minimalism

I see a lot of threads about "minimalism" on Jow Forums, but it seems to me none of you are doing it correctly.
I personally only have one computing device, one of those dell business netbooks. I bought it at a flea market about 8 years ago now and It's been my only device since.
I run the OS (debian stable) off of a 16gig flash drive. I do this because I don't trust modern storage, it seems every medium has a built in backdoor or is inherently insecure somehow.
The flash drive is one of those small form factor ones, and the OS is in a hidden, dmcrypt partition.
I backup any important files on a separate 16gig flash drive, also encrypted.

Furthermore, I don't have any kind of networking or internet at home. I like having breakfast a local coffee shop, and they have pretty decent wifi so every morning or every other morning (when I decide that I don't want to cook my own breakfast) I'll go, and while I'm eating and drinking coffee I'll post here, download some books, maybe update a package if I need to, wget some wikipedia/other resource pages if I have any research to do and update my rss feed for news.
I don't like having a full window manager or desktop environment running, all they do is waste resources since most of what I do is just text based. I keep X11 installed for running a browser or using calibre when I can't read my books with less or mupdf.
Most of my work is again text based, so I just stick to a tty with tmux. I use just vanilla vim for editing and writing my latex files and it works well.
I don't really have any multimedia programs installed, I use my browser to view images and mpv takes care of the (very rare) audio or video file I come across.
I make more than the average american, live in my own property etc. But I just don't see the point in excessive technology. If I were to add just one device it would be an ebook reader since I do read a lot but my netbooks screen is more than adequate.

Attached: stick_figure_love_couple_by_viratsaluja-d7obtna.jpg (1023x816, 63K)

Install templeos.

I wanted to try it out but my cpu just can't handle visualization sadly.
It doesn't support any of what I do so it's pretty worthless to me anyway

To be honest, I am fascinated by your way of life and I'd be looking up on you if I knew you in real life. I'd maybe chase the same way of life but technology is already a normal part of my life and trying to take it out of it would be hard and wouldn't bring my anything usable. Most of things are connected through technology nowadays so it's easier to live this way. You sound like a journalist or something? I usually just develop using my laptop so I am fine with my current setup. I use i3wm on Arch, I use window manager because I spend a lot of time with my browser open. I know I am probably part of some botnet but meh. I did a lot to at least decrease the amount of information people have about me, I use Duck duck go and Waterfox, I don't go to Facebook, Google or such and I have a Gmail account that I use to register on things that will spam me, as I use Protonmail for my main mail and it has storage limit. Technology feels like an only thing that makes me enjoy myself those days, and only thing that I get motivated about. I don't plan on throwing it away, but I tend to use it differently than most of people nowadays. Rather than just being a plain consumer, I try to learn about technology that I use, so I guess it doesn't go to vain.

>It doesn't support any of what I do so it's pretty worthless to me anyway
now you know how everyone feels about your shitty 16GB flash storage "minimalism"

I'm an MD but mainly work in industry now that I left america.
yeah it looks like you're part of many botnets there friend.
Computers are worthless. I could just as easily live my life with a type writer but I would be spending a hefty sum of money on books, and I do enjoy working and reading outdoors.
I understand the argument, but it doesn't really apply to temple OS since it can do literally nothing of what I need from a computer.

Absolute autism

kek where are you hiding the pizza

>debian
Bloat. Install Gentoo.

This is autism, not minimalism.

but user, gentoo is literally the most bloated distro

go back, Luke

>compile everyhing, including the kernel, to fit your specific needs, exculding features you don't need
>no systemd
>very low memory footprint
>low package count out of the box

>not minimal

compiling leaves huge clutter behind compared to simple, clean binaries.
You have no clue what you're talking about nigger

>compiling leaves huge clutter behind
lmao
>simple, clean binaries
Filled with useless stuff and not optimized. Also
>distributing binaries
>clean

Then delete the source code after compiling. The self-compiled binary is simpler and cleaner since it is personalized to your hardware and needs. Meanwhile, distributed binaries are bloated since they are designed to work on every machine as possible so they include every compile flag and features you may not need that will leave a "huge clutter"
>You have no clue what you're talking about nigger

MAXIMALISM

Take the Moore Pill.

Attached: moorecompaqpres.jpg (403x292, 29K)

How tiny is your cock if it could fit in a child's mouth?

Unless you have a dick the size of an elephant's it'll fit just fine.

A minimalist lifestyle doesn't necessarily entail having less stuff. It's about getting the most utility out of the things you have.
I use most technology than you but I could be living a more minimalist lifestyle depending on what my goals.

Attached: Debian_Stable.jpg (1000x1414, 113K)

*I use more tech than you but I coulf be living a more minimalist lifestyle depending on my goals.

OP, this sounds extremely comfy.
Any advice if I am going to take up with Zen approach to life?

Minimalism doesnt mean using one device from 2002 without internet, you fat retard

This.
OP just wants to look cool and imply superiority by needlessly complicating his life.

>harddrives are modern storage
>HDD's and SSD's have hardware backdoors
I don't understand how operating sytems work: the post

>Posts on technology board
>I just don't see the point in excessive technology.
This is some high-impact autism