FOSS Accounting Software

How do you keep track of your finances?

Attached: logo_w120.png (155x155, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjoCNRpLanY&t=272s
money.stackexchange.com/questions/96145/why-is-gnucash-now-tracking-share-prices-in-fractions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do you keep track of your finances?
I don't. I don't live in a country with retarded and bizzare tax laws (burgerland), so it's not really necessary.

I let my mom do it, she gives me tendies if i help her take care of the house when one of her boyfriends is at home

I unironically use this for my business. It is simple and works well, our company isn't really complex so it's a perfect piece of software. If you need something more custom Excel or quick books.

Same. But you do need this if you own a company.

Mint

Maybe just say straight up that you are underage and have no income and no expenses in first place.
Keeping track of finances is good practice overall that helps keep spending's in check.

I just have a SQL database that has all my expenditures, taxes, income registered and run scripts to pull values when I need em.

>Maybe just say straight up that you are underage and have no income and no expenses in first place.
No, I'm 22 and I have a job.
At the moment, I just have some automatic payments set up to transfer money into different accounts when I get paid.

> 22
That's the point. You have no expenses and a small income.

>>>You don't have X
>>Yes I do
>That's not the point, it was Y!
Dumbass.

So what is your income and what are your expenses?

just one other thing that Emacs does well
youtube.com/watch?v=cjoCNRpLanY&t=272s

Attached: 1523520918876.jpg (960x1280, 136K)

Why would I bother telling you that? That is completely unrelated to my point.

To show that you have no finances to keep track of.

I receive a salary, pay rent, buy food, have to fill and maintain my car like everybody else.
I really don't see your retarded point.
All you can really say is that I don't have any income-generating assets, which would be true of most people.

you should probably start some retirement accounts then, you'll be happy you did 10 years from now

Advice from muh grandad
>save at minimum 10% of your gross. Put it somewhere you can't touch it (term deposit etc.)
If things are gud - make it 30% but never less than 10%.

MoneyDance. Gnucash reports are awful, ledger is a magnitude more awful for anything other than basic stuff.

GnuCash more like GNoCash

I keep all of my money in gold krugerrands buried in the woods. I only have to keep track of one number, how many ounces.

>GnuCash
lolz
money.stackexchange.com/questions/96145/why-is-gnucash-now-tracking-share-prices-in-fractions

I use ynab. 22 yo single software engineer making $80k a year. It's mostly so I don't blow it all on dildos

I use Google Sheets to track my shekels

Don't businesses have a lot more bookkeeping responsibilities in countries with VAT, aka everywhere outside of the US?

GNUCash and KMoney are trash, devs refuse to support cryptocurrencies due to their personal beliefs and technical incompetence
Just use ledger or any of the forks for personal accounting, for anything else roll your own spreadsheets

retirement accounts don't generate income you need to keep track of. you sit on them until you are 65.

Ledger is pretty comfy

Well fuck off, I wish we had a tax law like that. The way it is here now is that we have taxes taken immediately from our salary, then we have the VAT and THEN if we participate in any investment funds, we still have to calculate our own profits and report it to the tax administration. Fuck those fags.

Gotta pay for that utopia you live in somehow.