What the FUCK is its problem? I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING UPDATE. WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO NOT UPDATE? FUCK OFF...

What the FUCK is its problem? I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING UPDATE. WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO NOT UPDATE? FUCK OFF. I HAVE IMPORTANT SHIT TO DO. Jesus fucking christ.

Attached: k0k8kj.jpg (1024x305, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

aren't you a little fagot

Jow Forums isn't that important

>2 out of 3 buttons do the same thing
lmao

>WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO NOT UPDATE?
Because microbenis got enough of you fuckfaces not installing windows updates because OH GOD IT WILL TAKE AWAY 5 MINUTES FROM MY WORTHLESS LIFE then after you got cucked by a shitty vulnerability that was fixed 3 MONTHS AGO like WannaCry you go to fagbook or twitter and write 2000 word essays about how windows is so fucking shit.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y

>5 minutes
Clearly you are not a windows user.

it usually takes me between 20-30 minutes

I like w10 and free updates it's not like I've ever paid for a Ms os ever

Attached: 1528301136491.jpg (633x640, 40K)

>we'll check again in an hour
Im scared

Defer upgrades. Disable the Windows Update service. Use DoNotSpy10 or something similar.
I've done all three and haven't received one in 6 months. My version is 10.0.16299.125
You know the Windows codebase is all pajeets. You never know what will the pajeet do to you.

>WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO NOT UPDATE?
There is though.

Attached: updates.png (686x636, 52K)

Disable automatic updates you dumb piece of shit

>Just give us another hour to find more targeted ads to load into your start menu

Attached: 10509871-young-woman-with-shopping-and-money.jpg (865x1300, 120K)

Ignored unless you're on Server or LTSB.

I think it's a shop, I remember this dialog having a date picker option

I'm on standard Enterprise and it works just fine for me.

disableable

>disableable
Oh God!

Attached: 10509855-young-woman-with-shopping-and-money.jpg (865x1300, 107K)

Windows 10 keeps pushing updates even though I can't install them. I just get the "We couldn't finish installing updates, resetting changes" dialog every time. It's fucking annoying.

OP is a faggot

Attached: Screenshot (14).png (1366x768, 161K)

Most of them are for free apps anyway, and tucked away in a corner of the start screen that I never see it anyway.

Sure there are ads baked in to some of the included bing apps, but you could just do the same through the internet and be served up with more...unless you're an 31337 haxxor who uses adblock i suppose

Does not stick after restart.

>5 minutes
Even on a fantastic computer windows update always takes a month of sundays. I'd love to see what it's actually doing behind the scenes that takes so long.

too hard im going to Linux

Don't tell me you actually turn off your computer

Windows 10 doesn't have this problem

it does for me.if using windows is so hard for you i guess you would be better off with a mac

>Obama you fucking nigger!
That was different time

LITERALLY
>as well as spying on me I'm happy with my OS trying to value add and sell shit to me because I can't seem to figure out how to install an addon in a browser so I'd see those ads anyway...

Kewl m8.
Only thing I get when I click on muh "start menu" is a list of installed programs.

I already don't ue winblows. I just stated the fact that disabling that service will no stick betwee restart.

Just use a local account

Enjoy your non free OS OP..
( you dont own the system you paid for..)

it does

It doesn't.

Attached: 1507454859470.png (594x612, 698K)

>Updates? No thanks!

Attached: 1526669306325.png (380x349, 77K)

it does i use windows i know it while you literally just said you dont use windows anymore.dont embarass yourself anymore

Even if it didn't, you could just make a script that runs on boot automatically to reset it

It doesn't. After restart that service state will be back to Automatic (Delayed).

no it does not

Why is Jow Forums full of old people who can't even into an OS literally designed for babies to navigate?
You fucks just need to be banned entirely, shitting up the entire board with your useless tech support threads.

That's a shit workaround.

Yes, it gets reset after restart.

no it doesnt

>Just use a local account

Something muh unix/linux systems have provided me with for years.
They also don't dial home to M$ nor have they ever tried to make ads part of my os.

I guess that's why even tho I have to use windows at work as well as linux servers - I'd rather use a linux desktop than a windows.

Potato potato....

Attached: 10509880-young-woman-with-shopping-and-money.jpg (865x1300, 125K)

The the amount of hoops you need to jump through to clean w10 is shocking.
I tried debian couple years ago just to look what loonix is all about and that shit was easier to use than w10.
A FUCKING LINUX IS MORE USER FRIENDLY THAN NEWEST WINDOWS.

If you told this to anyone 10 years ago people would just call you a freetard neckbeard.

I'm sticking with w7 until most publishers will support linux or at least dx11 emulation becomes perfect.

Attached: 1526908043306.png (720x718, 491K)

>That's a shit workaround.
it's not like what your saying is true anyway, so...

>Something muh unix/linux systems have provided me with for years.
okay

>They also don't dial home to M$ nor have they ever tried to make ads part of my os.
again, *local* account

>I guess that's why even tho I have to use windows at work as well as linux servers - I'd rather use a linux desktop than a windows.
You do you :)

>A FUCKING LINUX IS MORE USER FRIENDLY THAN NEWEST WINDOWS.
This isn't true unless all you're doing is using a web browser, in that case just stick to your ipad like all other normies.

lol, it is their computer let them do whatever they want, you agreed to it. Be grateful you are allowed a temporary access as long as you enable {mal|ad|spy}ware up your ass.
Honestly, people do it to themselves, but that wording is both cringe and rage inducing.
>it is safe to turn off your computer

no it isn't

I'm a developer and linux has better dev environment set up process.
Its much easier to do than on windows. You just open packet manager, click IDE an libraries you need and it's installs and configures everything automatically.

On windows it's a hell because there is no packet manager and shit breaks every time you use different path for IDE or use a different compiler.
>in that case just stick to your ipad like all other normies
1. It's normalfag, not normie. Only said "normies" use that word and you just outed yourself as one. Probably redditor or MS shill.
2. Are you implying that windows is some hardcore shit? It IS the normalfag software, if even the most die hard normalfag MS drones hate it then MS fucked up big time.

Works on Pro.

you can turn it off with enough autism - and it's a good choice because microsoft update system sucks balls. unlock updates from time to time when you feel like it, this way it's similar to normal update system that updates when you tell it to update

people who state that windows updates are important because of some obscure exploit that you're completely safe from because your shitty router has basic firewall are just as retarded as people who don't update at all

Attached: 1527375734604.jpg (400x350, 125K)

No, it doesn't.

wtf happens when you press okay?!

Yes, it does.

No, it does not.

Prove it.

That GP is ignored on Pro.

That isn't proof.

If you fill your Windows partition up to like 500MB remaining, Windows won't have space to download the update files and won't update. Instead, it'll complain every now and then about space. I found this out accidentally on my laptop. You may have to fill your partition more depending on the updates it's trying to install.

It is ignored on Pro.

Burden of proof is on you, retard.
Are you going to keep repeating that or are you going to supply a source to your claims?

Pro ignores that GP.

>ok
not dialog shown it just reboots at 9
>wait an hour
it'll ask you what to do in an hour
>restart now
reboot now

>I'm a developer and linux has better dev environment set up process.
Not anymore.
Getting triggered about normie is something only normies do. Stop trying so hard it's repulsive.
BTW, spending all of your time on /dpt/ doesn't make you a developer!

I'm done.

Attached: 1410742373649.png (968x720, 871K)

Why would you want to automatically update your OS?

I told you Pro is ignoring that GP.

it's always been normie

That just means it's shitty design.

You have been warned earlier.

Hi, t_d immigrant

This is annoying especially when it causes your laptop to overheat because you can't turn it off on a hot day.

>go to install my win10 home updates on my i9 x399 system that runs off of a 500gb nvme drive
>it takes more than 10 minutes to restart once
>go to sleep to be ready for work
>wake up 7 hours later

>it's stalled at 100%

>DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER

I'm off work in half an hour and I'd put money on me having to restart it, and maybe even do a fresh install.

Any chance N version will have options to turn off telemetries completely?

Attached: 1501972470112.jpg (360x360, 29K)

No.

Just shut your computer off when that happens. That’ll teach it.

Because idiots won't update leaving to a fragmented operating system

Honestly the crying over the ads is ridiculous.

They've probably made millions of these things that I literally never even notice or see because I don't use tiles. They should switch their business model to that and give Windows for free.

It's also 1 click away from not seeing it again and in total it takes up like 50 MB of space.

>suspends the notification process
nothing personnel kid

bullshit "after restarts"

it doesn't even stick after a few minutes: it always turns itself back on and starts churning my SSD and CPU and installs updates at the most inopportune time.

I like installing updates on 7; I set it to only notify me and I review each update KB and filter out useless ones, then proceed to install on demand. The process of reviewing maybe twenty or so updates takes less than five minutes and always helps me in the long run keeping my machine stable.

I've managed to avoid every unstable windows 7 patches that way

Oh boy if you think that's too hard good luck on linux lmfao.

Install GNU+Linux.

yeah and it was a nightmare to maintain to the point where it takes a fresh W7 install literally days to download all updates

well that or MS scuttled the servers in an attempt to move people to 10

>dx11 emulation becomes perfect
DXVK is getting really close to perfect with DX11 and DX12 emulation, surprisingly quickly too.

No hardware acceleration on browsers.

Nobody uses linux for ease of use if you think downloading text editors, compilers, IDEs, and messing with your PATH is hard then end yourself.

In fact, Linux is at a disadvantage because you pretty much can't one of C#/.NET development or Apple development which are big developer markets.

There is no advantage in 2018 to using Linux for development and Windows is used by the majority of the development community.

Muh desktop art is not an advantage.

If you don't understand how PATH variables work then you're probably a shit programmer desu.

macOS doesn't do this. In fact, it's extremely reasonable and it's update request scheme is very well designed. The same is true for iOS. This place full of angsty teenagers will never admit it, but Apple makes generally good operating systems.

False

>on Jow Forums
>says he has important things to do
what exactly did he mean by this?

>nightmare

it really wasn't, I had zero issues with a fresh install on a new machine by simply setting it to notify-only.

then again, I always keep an up-to-date (monthly) slipstreamed installers at hand.

>OSX and iOS
>good

the unholy amalgam of two different underlying systems paradigms mashed together through a meatgrinder does NOT make for good operating systems.

jesus fucking christ, do you realize the levels of inconsistency underneath that glossy exterior? it has more holes and vulnerabilities than a knee-high wooden fence.

It isn't called "Swiss-cheese: the OS" for nothing.

I'm on pirated enterprise and I haven't updated in a year.

>i9
There's your problem.

Attached: 1527387643530.jpg (500x418, 33K)

BSD+Mach+NextSTEP was really a new kind of mess to behold, it was so fucking absurd to see the kind of hoops they still have to jump through today to make it the least bit stable.

Shit, they still have issues with case-sensitivity in their OS itself, nevermind the hacked-together filesystems they keep using.

>countdown to goodness
unreal

Attached: 4fe88552.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

Not sure if trolling, but I'm gonna respond anyway, in case you're genuinely retarded

>Nobody uses linux for ease of use
Yes we do - everything the other guy said

>In fact, Linux is at a disadvantage because you pretty much can't one of C#/.NET
What is .NET core?
> or Apple development
Not everyone owns a fagPhone
> which are big developer markets.
First one yes, second one not as much.
What about Java, Python, PHP, ? They take much bigger slice of the market then above mentioned.

>There is no advantage in 2018 to using Linux for development and Windows is used by the majority of the development community.
I guess you also believe that this is a well known fact lol.

Get an SSD you disklets