Piracy General Thread

What are your thoughts on internet piracy Jow Forums?

Attached: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png (744x496, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1337x.to
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/414652083/
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md#step-4-download-files-over-irc
nibl.co.uk/bots.php
sunxdcc.com/
ixirc.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw
hooktube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw
realorfake4k.com
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgE-9Sxs2IBVgJkY-1ZMj0tIFxsJ-vOkv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its the only thing that keeps me from ending it all

>Its the only thing that keeps me from ending it all

Same.

It's for niggers

Have you seen the movie tpb afk?
Its a great move about thepiratebay

>It's for niggers

Fuck off faggot im white.

>Have you seen the movie tpb afk?

Yeah one of the best documentaries out there.

Chinks
Ftfy

I know right.

im fine with it and its legal where i live

Do what you want because a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Based chinks, thanks to them I had a Famiclon and dirt cheap games all the time.
If I had to settle for original Nintendo hardware I would have had to go outside.

Pirating is theft but I don't care and pirate everything anyway.

I don't think you actually understand the internet.
In the modern Internet is NO PRIVACY.

Used to think it was bad but the more studios ram down bullshit w/ politics and false 4k movies (2k master shit) the less I care. Netflix now sucking obongo dick is just the latest insult.

It's legal in my Country

I have done it since I'm 12 and never regretted it.(im 18 now btw)

I've gotten away from it lately. What sites are trustworthy?

i do it and dont give a fuck. i dont have time to. companies increasingly fuck users in the ass more and more every year, and torrenting their products and depriving them of a sale is the only way i can give them a middle finger. and who knows how long that will last. it gets harder every year to do so on public trackers.

Who gives a shit what people do or think

Please do not turn into /v/, Jow Forums

1337x.to

And TPB uploaders with a skull.

>false 4k movies

How common is that?

What's the benefit of this over tpb?

I use to be against it but then I realized VHS/Cassete tapes existed which is no different from piracy. Companies are getting greedier and are moving the books to promote crap that is completely soulless or propaganda while not supporting good content. Netflix was an alternative to piracy in that it had all the shows and movies you could watch. Now its just netflix originals like DWP that no one cares about. Even DVDs or Blu rays have nothing interesting in them. Just ads,ads,and more ads. You should pirate shows like The Cosby Show,Malcolm in The Middle,Bernie Mac show,All the classic Disney movies and shows,etc. Because actual good or even wholesome content is pushed to the back of the line.

Pushes companies to actually have a good service and move away from physical media, because otherwise people will just go back to TPB.

I use it for anything I can’t obtain via legal streaming or reasonable download purchase.

fpbp

There is nothing wrong with piracy

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

Attached: consider the following.png (1324x720, 469K)

You obviously haven't seen the BBS documentary

> (OP)
>There is nothing wrong with piracy
Based. Our mores on "theft" are based on copyright laws and IP, both of which are may be incorrect. Is information property? I don't think so, but think for yourself...

Some stuff "piracy" is only way I could enjoy it due to there being no physical disc or digital streaming version of it. Other stuff, say box sets, would cost me a ton of money. If quality torrent of it exists, then hell yeah I'll grab it.

The stuff you pirate or the acts of piracy themselves? The latter would be more interesting.

>im fine with it and its legal where i live

Are you Swedish?.

Attached: -v- discusses piracy.png (934x771, 468K)

>/v/ is retarded
they spent 2 fucking hours arguing over if thunder causes lightning or vice versa.

give me a magnet link

One of the most important things to happen in within the last century.

It allows the common man to see what's bad and what is good. To use everything.

Fighting against it is one of the most evil acts possible, on the level of fighting for genocide.

kek ill try to look for that

found it
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/414652083/

so did they come to a conclusion? asking for a friend

noice
"Realizing they're too dumb to come to a conclusion, they just leave."

1. AppImages are what is coming in the gaming on Linux as they are portable. Is "download and run" kind of portable. All dependencies included.
2. GNUnet is the future of filesharing. Is really hard to determine who sent what.
3. IRC way, XDCC, is one fast way to share files.
4. Private trackers are good and all but there has to be more.

Attached: appImage.png (720x340, 290K)

Electronic pirating should be punishable by electronic hanging.

GNU/Linux games thread on /t/

Unironically know this feel.

How is it theft you dumb nigger

>AppImages

Does it support 32bit software?

>GNUnet

Defiantly will. Is it simple to setup? Do you have to run a server for this?

>XDCC

Do you need a VPN for this? Any recommended sites?

>Does it support 32bit software?
Yes, is a strong point.
>Is it simple to setup?
Depends, if you use the CLI it will be okay but the manual lacks on this you have to go to their IRC to ask for help.
>Do you have to run a server for this?
Yes.
>Do you need a VPN for this?
Is the same as it were direct downloads from an open directory. I wouldn't worry for now.
>Any recommended sites?
Check the wikibook and this github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md#step-4-download-files-over-irc

Posting XDCC indexers
nibl.co.uk/bots.php
sunxdcc.com/
ixirc.com/

Don't forget to read the above IRC manual.

i grew up pirating, mainly music. ive never quite agreed with the theft analogy because its a copy not a move.

now that im an adult i pay the artists that i grew up listening to, i buy their vinyl first hand and stream via whoever pays the most.

its only fair... because i can afford it. if i couldnt afford it id continue to pirate, i honestly dont think the artists would care.

>Electronic pirating should be punishable by electronic hanging.

Faggot.

>i buy their vinyl first hand and stream via whoever pays the most.

>Thinks the artists get most of the profit out of those sales

irl im like "tried my best"

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw [Remove]
hooktube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw [Remove]

Attached: pirate pepe.jpg (1511x1011, 258K)

Attached: download (12).jpg (267x189, 10K)

This

i've never pirated on the internet, generally i leave other peoples servers and computers alone. Ad companies, however, who try to pillage and plunder my bandwidth and screen are the true pirates, and i say fuck them.
I have no issue with torrenting media though

My theme song.

It's a good thing.

>It's a good thing.

Agreed.

Question:
Will ipfs change everything if it gets Tor support?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Attached: SUPERJOY.png (150x150, 9K)

They have been having worse service.

Isnt torrenting over Tor supposed to be harmful for the network? How would ipfs over Tor be different?

Attached: 1523296974581-λ.gif (600x803, 1.88M)

Mate piracy has never been legal in Sweden Switzerland though...

No reason to pirate in 2018 unless you live in a 3rd world country like India/China/America.

No reason not to pirate.

Hey Anons, could anyone tell me what is the difference between torrents and MIRC and which one should I use to download shit?

Speaking of piracy, I just paid $50 for an ebook for my Web Development class.
It's a new edition so I couldn't find it anywhere online to pirate.
Now that I have the ebook, what's the best way to upload it online for other based pirating students?

Attached: 20180609_211709.jpg (1280x720, 473K)

You should go to there concerts as support. The reason record companies freaked out with napster was because they realized artists didn't need them anymore.

>internet piracy

Where can I get pdf books and magazines?

realorfake4k.com heres a website senpai

It is actually much much easier.
Here is an example: I watched Ocean's Eleven because nostalgia on Netflix, then Twelve, but Thirteen was missing so I had to subscribe to another streaming service where I can watch.
Then I realized how fucking stupid this is and I could just torrent all 3 movies under 10 minutes in 1080p without paying a single cent or installing apps on my TV so I canceled my subscriptions.
Piracy is ALWAYS easier and better.

Been using rarbg.to for a while to get 1080p movies and TV series but I am wondering is there a better torrent site out there for that?

Not sure how libgen works but you could try there. If not then TPB.

Who else is on their second DMCA?

Now that I think about it, this.

Are you?

Ahead of its time. You can bet your ass people will pirate physical designs too if 3D printers could print anything with little cost, just how accessing the Internet and powering your computer costs next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
I pirate literally everything with no remorse and eventually buy things I really like. I would have not bought 99% of my shit were it not for piracy.

Attached: kinobutt.png (944x400, 131K)

h-haha what a l-loser t-that's so s-sad

Attached: 1519071839771.png (645x772, 148K)

Based.

Not sure. I thought it is considered to be harmful because it produces a high load on exit nodes and they get into legal trouble. But imagine the traffic could stay inside the network. This would make it completely anonymous. There are also a lot more relays than exit nodes so load balancing could be way better.

Attached: Ipfs-logo-1024-ice-text.png (1024x1024, 70K)

Yep.

Attached: 1446153114405.jpg (276x368, 25K)

I don't have a lot of thoughts, other than 95% of the stuff I pirated I would simply never have bought anyway, ever, so it's in no way lost revenue - if anything it's free publicity if I happen to not dislike it much and mention it to someone in conversation.
Then there's the 4% I would have bought and regretted, so I'm happy I was able to try out first without spending money. It's technically lost revenue but if your product is shit and relies on marketing or similar to succeed, it's your problem. Proper review platforms do way more damage to products like this than piracy has ever done.

Finally there's the 1% where I was willing to pay money for the product, and after pirating it I liked it and felt it lived up to the standards - so I did pay money for it. It's that simple.

Bottom line - I have pirated so much shit and none of it is lost revenue. Which means that at worst it's a true victimless crime, which begs the question of why the fuck would that be a crime.

Anyone here using the physibles from TPB?

Attached: brace yourselves.jpg (600x745, 78K)

/thread

Why not "filesharing"?

>Anyone here using the physibles from TPB?

Yes

Copyright has gone out of control; thanks to Disney lobbying, we have copyrights lasting peoples' entire lives+100 fucking years. Every time copyright on something is going to expire, we have more lobbyists come out and try to extend the duration again. It's simply ridiculous. Copyright needs to go back to what it used to be: 5 years. Any extension should be another 5 years at the maximum. After the copyright expires, the work enters the public domain. We live in a digital world now, where copying information comes at almost no cost. It's simply bad for society. The rich are always going to want stronger copyright, because they can make more money that way, and even if they die, their progeny can continue making money.

Meanwhile, patents need to be reduced as well, and some should just be banned outright (genetics, mathematics, etc.). The world and technology move too quickly, patents are just slowing down the march of progress.

Man, biological patents have gone out of control. Patent trolling is running rampant and the patent regime doesn't talk about biopiracy which is the real piracy here. Fuck the patent system, fuck copyright, they not only get richer but drive us all backwards.

Piracy isn't stealing though kek

I grew up in the 90s; as soon as high speed internet came out, downloading became a thing. And no one gave a shit about it for a long time. I essentially grew up in an environment where downloading things wasn't even frowned upon and relatives thought I was some kind of tech wizard for fitting hundreds of songs on an MP3 disc when the audio CDs they bought only had a dozen or two. I even SOLD copies of floppy discs and CDs when I was a kid for pocket money and no one cared. It wasn't until later, when the music industry realized they would be threatened, that it actually blew up and culminated in the DMCA.

But by then, it was too late, people were already used to downloading stuff for free; telling them "that's bad, you can't do that" wasn't going to work. If the government handed out free food to everyone for 5 years, then suddenly said "we're not giving out free food anymore, you guys have to start buying it again", it simply would not work. The people would riot. Luckily, downloading shit on the internet isn't something essential to life, but we still can't turn the clock back.

No matter what laws come out in the future, I am going to continue doing what I have always done. When I want something, I will download it for free. Because I simply don't want to have to start paying for things I once got for free. I only ever buy a game when I need a legitimate copy for multiplayer.

Source?

Hiw newfriend, here youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgE-9Sxs2IBVgJkY-1ZMj0tIFxsJ-vOkv
The BBS Documentary should be mandatory for noobs.