pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: 20180519_191246.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
youtu.be/yOKjC2DL17o
cetus3d.com/warning-price-adjustment-coming-soon/
citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_69&product_id=1021
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to buy a black keycap set for my white preonic and make 5x12 pixel art but Alps keycaps are too tight to frequently swap out. Woe is me

Use some lube then

So OP, which THICC keycaps do you like best?
Bonus points if they fit on MX stems.

>>Group Buys
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
Whoever has write-access to this spreadsheet needs to update it. The last entries are for May 2018, and last I check, that has come and gone.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 15.07.12.png (1565x171, 68K)

Attached: photo_2018-05-30_15-46-53.jpg (960x1280, 161K)

Ha nice one, but that keeb looks lonely. Why not put some more up?

Attached: 1528386051734.jpg (4032x3024, 1.3M)

Bottom-Left: That's a choco-Commodore 64 with PETSCII side legends? Argh! Nice.

Are you not worried about dust?

That doesn't have them, but this one does

Attached: SA retro.png (3264x1836, 2.24M)

Devlin Q series

I was going to put up my model m, but I ended up giving that one to my neighbour.

Nice keebs

Attached: photo_2018-06-02_14-18-48.jpg (1280x960, 146K)

I know for a fact you have more keyboards

ye, but the model m and the mk fission are the only ones worth hanging up, other than the tada, but that one's my daily driver

what's the biggest 3d-printed case you've made

ever done joints to make a large case in multiple pieces

how straight and square are they

Buy a model reproduction then

*model F

I've designed a 60% case twice, which works fine, I didn't use any kind of joinery at the time (just some interlocking parts and a lot of acetone), though I think I'll go with dovetail joints on my newest iteration.

Someone else already successfully printed this in one piece, I still have to modify the design so that I can print it in two pieces on my printer.

Attached: Capture.png (2560x1400, 422K)

here was my first attempt. That gap you can see down the middle shouldn't be there, but there must've been some error in the slicing software that occurred at the time, the dimensions are perfectly fine, except for those dimensions on the connecting ends, which is strange, because they're designed to fit just fine in the model.

I think any keyboards that'll join my collection in the future will in all likelihood be DIY'd

Attached: photo_2017-06-21_14-37-41.jpg (1280x960, 217K)

nice, let me know how it goes
i'm considering 3d-printing as a possibility for the case of an Alps 65%+numpad keyboard i want to build, since there's not really any other reasonable way to get a high profile case with the necessary curves to hide the edges of apple keycaps.

>let me know how it goes
sure, you can contact at me at t.me/seiden or drop me your email (or just keep lurking here to see once I post the results).

imo, wood is always a good option if you already hate yourself

Attached: 20161203_223839.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

Why no body calibrates their printer now days? It's disgusting.

that's not a matter of printer calibration, that's a matter of the printer that I was using at the time being a piece of shit.

Thank goodness I was able to sell that thing.

Attached: 20180507_131426.jpg (4032x3024, 3.47M)

Out of curiosity, how much should one expect to spend on a printer that can give passable results nowadays?

the big problem with wood is i'm planning on a layout with gaps between keys (probably one of these) to accommodate the limited keycap selection as much as possible, not sure how well i'd be able to make that with a hand router

of course there is always the option of paying a local laser cutting service to cut out the top part of the case from something like a 12mm thick block of plywood, then shape the surface into something close to a consistent curve

Attached: keyboard-layout.png (1181x1451, 178K)

Best ergonomic kb that wont fuck my pinky? Im a vim user and i want to press ctrl with my palm. Caps is mapped to something else.

Basically all the stuff with proper thumb clusters. Best is subjective but I've been following the scene for some time now and the Dactyl Manuform is the best thing I've seen yet in my opinion.

ah yes, /mkg/
*puts briefcase on table*
opens clasps *CLICK CLICK*
*smirks*
shall we... post?
*opens lid*

Attached: j0t7jxnb80311.jpg (1080x1080, 121K)

Sick artisans bro. Clack factory, brocaps, or did you cheap out and get k3

So my Ducky3 now bit the dust, this fuckers lights stopped working one after another since over a year and now it wont do shit.

So anything i should / could get for max 150€ in Germany?

Attached: cute anime pic 0410.jpg (600x600, 67K)

Just get a unicomp model m

Lads, where do you get your non english keycaps? I've seen some Eng/Ru ones, but I'm looking for De/Ru or a service where I can specify what characters I want.

Attached: 1472011459770.gif (371x209, 1.09M)

Just use blanks you fag

Maxkeyboard

Exactly what I was needing, thanks user

Considered doing so, but my goal is typing fluency in other languages, not karma on r/mechanicalkeyboards desu

Attached: 1467943726824.jpg (640x640, 52K)

do you guys cover your w key with anything for grip? Im really autistic about my w key being slick from sweaty palms

300 bucks, less if you're willing to do a decent bit of tinkering and calibration

I can personally recommend the cetus 3d, the only drawback is that you can't use 3rd party slicers, absolutely fantastic print quality though. I don't even design things with tolerances anymore because of how well that printer gets the dimensions down.

How long have you been working on this? I feel like I've seen these layouts here before.

I built a board out of laser-cut plywood not too long ago, whatever wood you choose just make sure to get one that's decently hard, I used one that's too soft which makes the case get scratches and hitches quite easily.

Attached: photo_2018-06-10_18-00-33.jpg (960x1280, 102K)

Hey that's less than I expected. Now much does the material for that cost? Like, say if hypothetically I wanted to use this to prototype several iterations of a case, how much could that cost to within an order of magnitude or so?

Well you gonna post them?

Sup Jow Forums, Im thinking of going all out and buying a fucking nice keyboard. What get? So far I looked at

KDB75 - This would be ideal but you have to fucking assemble them yourself
Ducky One - Looks good, but costs more than the below
Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S RGB - Looks great, meets criteria

Anyone have similar suggestions? I want
Tenkeyless with F row: Ideally with arrow keys merged into the main group
RGB LEDs that look good
Switches: Still deciding
Logos: minimal or none

Depends on what material you use, PLA being the most common one and the one I generally use, costs about 20-30 CHF for 1kg.

This old design of the poorboard would take about 50 grams per half, the newer design uses a lot less material and is more like a pok3r case.
So that makes for roughly 1.2-1.4 CHF per half.
Material cost isn't something you have to worry about unless you somehow go through multiple rolls a month. Typically a roll lasts me at least a month if not longer.

Attached: Capture.png (1696x1066, 139K)

What's the best way to clean the edges left by a brim? Just sanding? Or would a heatgun work for PLA?

>wants fancy custom keycaps
>not about karma
Sure thing reddit

just turn it off in the settings, you don't need it.

Other than that, sanding works well enough for finishing PLA. Though if you have a good printer you don't have to finish your parts.

Attached: Capture.png (2158x1319, 315K)

Best keyboard under a $100?
If it's not ugly ass all hell that would be a plus, but not a deal breaker.

tada68, you can get it from aliexpress for nearly 100 bucks, best price-performance I've ever had in a keyboard.

The stock keycaps are fantastic, it's sturdy and it's fully programmable.

Attached: photo_2017-01-23_22-14-32.jpg (1280x960, 234K)

KBD75 with assembly

their website only has the white one available and im not buying a white keyboard. Im kinda pissed actually, those dumbfucks are trying to not get my money

Well I just have access to a cubicon+, and the first print I did failed at the outline (lifted and then scrunched up). It's a public use printer so I don't know if that was just a fluke or what.

Send them an email dummy. They often have extra shit in stock

>ろ key all the way the fuck over there
>no pageup or home key
>3 sushi keys
the state of Jow Forums everybody

How about something with a standard layout and without LEDs?

Woah. Uncanny.

Attached: gundamental reading.jpg (2267x3400, 2.02M)

Check out cooler master and ducky, I think they have stuff in their lineup in that price range and they're both reputable brands.

>ろ key all the way the fuck over there
user even the japanese use romaji to type in Japanese

That's just a matter of getting the first layer down. Use some kind of printbed adhesive (blue tape, glue, or a specialized product), and go slow on the first layer.

Attached: photo_2018-06-10_20-39-27.jpg (720x1280, 78K)

Questions:

What's the quietest tactile switch currently out right now? Willing to mod.

Are BSP's PBT caps noticeably better than someone like Gateron?

Do switch films help with Zealios switches?

Take some of this guy's tips:
youtu.be/yOKjC2DL17o

Also, make sure that you print the plate with its face down, your printbed is flat anyway and makes it look nice.

>What's the quietest tactile switch currently out right now?
Lubed zilents, probably.

BSP is noticeably better then gateron. but they cost 5x as much. They're way to overpriced and the only people who buy them are geekwhack autists

Matias Quiet click if you want something cheap and easy to get

>user even the japanese use romaji to type in Japanese

hah, that was a trick question. it was just to prove you knowingly bought some useless bullshit and paid extra for that probably for some faggy """chic""" experience. capital L l-o-s-e-r

Attached: 1341802585287.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Shit nice. That's all way less than what I was expecting. I might actually seriously consider that.

First of all this , a lot of these chink sellers are more than happy to try to accommodate you if they can. There's almost no bureaucratic barrier so if they have extra parts laying around they'll use them if you just ask, unlike a western corporation where your email will go to first line support and you'll be hit with a canned "thank you for your interest, but we're not currently offering this option".

Secondly just get a $30 soldering iron you pussy, it's a useful skill to have and keyboards are just about the easiest thing to solder. If you're that nervous add on a $2 practice board from chinks and boom you're an expert.

> What's the quietest tactile switch currently out right now? Willing to mod.
Unironically silent topre. If you want specifically "normal" mechanical then . If you want standard cherry shape, then probably

go fuck yourself, I can solder just fine. If only you know who you were talkin to, lol. I just refuse to buy a kit when I should be able to just buy a pre-assembled one. Its fucking stupid in the first place that they think its acceptable to ship the customer the unassembled parts when it actually takes more shipping room! As you can tell I dont buy into the build-it-yourself-for-hipster-cred bullshit meme.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Oh, then you're just gay. But it's business, a lot of people won't have the confidence to build it themselves so they mark that up.

I mean you do you but if you like the keyboard I think it would be really stupid to settle for an inferior option simply because of some high horse principle and a small evening's worth of tinkering.

just pay the chinks 17 bucks and have them assemble it for you

where? cant find it on the website

it's ok user I love you

aye, 3D printers keep getting cheaper year by year

check this out guys. Its wireless/wired optional so you can sit on your couch and type too.

Attached: corsair.png (748x387, 185K)

too bad it's corsair

alas, if you're looking for something that niche you can probably overlook the non-standard bottom row.

> 3D printers keep getting cheaper year by year
Lol right cetus3d.com/warning-price-adjustment-coming-soon/

look harder

ooof, good thing I got it prior to that.

Not that there's not a massive array of other 3d printers at that price, but the cetus is really something else when it comes to price/performance

>Artisans
You have to go back

>Budget
$80-$120

>Location (continent at least)
Middle East (fuck)

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Brown

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
Full size only.

>Backlight
White. Preferably adjustable.

>Previous/current keyboards
All low-profile scissor switch keyboards that come with laptops. I'm absolutely used to them.

---

I'm shit out of luck locally. There are CoolerMasters, Logitech, Razers, and Corsairs ONLY. I was looking at the Logitech 710+ as a cheap solution, but people shit on it so idk.
I didn't get CM's MasterKeys because I don't like keyboards without a border at all. See pic cyan colors for reference. (Orange is compatibility for an attachable wrist rest.) Also, keys so high exposing the switches trigger my OCD.

What about key caps? Would it be possible to get a combination ootb close to pic related? Hard mode: How about low profile?

Something like this looks fine, but the keyboard is too small. Das Keyboard's stuff is about acceptable size, but the price tag is ridiculous.

Attached: RO_Keyboard Concept 1.png (1260x491, 339K)

> There are CoolerMasters, Logitech, Razers, and Corsairs ONLY
Does that mean that you can't/don't want to buy from chinks or import otherwise? If so, then you basically have a choice between a good keyboard that doesn't fit your snowflake requirements (the CM), or very overpriced and rather mediocre keyboards. Unless they go for cheap where you live (like $40 equivalent or thereabouts) in which case they're still shit but at least you will be getting ripped off less.

Either way it's your call what you value more and we can't tell you anything. Now if you find a way to get yourself a ducky or something then that's an entirely different story.

What is a good silicone keyboard and mouse?

How do I make my own case for my keyboard? It's floating and I'd like to cover the switches. I guess I'd have to measure/cut some shit obviously, but what material should I use?

well the only way to get what you want is to build a custom keyboard, but if you don't want to to do that then just get a G80-3000 and replace the keycaps latter down the line with something like G20, XDA, or DSA

Attached: G80-3000 Doclh Pac.jpg (3264x2448, 2.89M)

Is black a good quite switch for programming/typing etc?

I thought I got my phrasing wrong.
I wanted to say that if I have to get something that is not from the mentioned brands, then it would have to be imported from far away. (I assumed other brands like Ducky, Filco, Leopold...etc. are readily available in stores anywhere else in the world)

I want to import a good quality keyboard, but the cost of shipping can be really high. Therefore, with such a high cost, what would be an excellent choice that would closely match my wishes?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Any other similar keyboards? Possibly with multimedia keys and USB?

Attached: 1527502976818.png (694x632, 30K)

it's all just a matter of preference, but just know that bottoming out is louder then the actuating mechanism of the switch. That is why even blacks can be louder then rubberdome over membrane keyboards

the middle market for keyboards sucks, it's even worse then Africa
just get something like this if it ever restocks citycenter.jo/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_69&product_id=1021

I can't find any good keyboards with ansi layout and black switches

what do you mean? blacks are the most popular switch. where are you even located

Italy

then get a cooler master keyboard

sorry I meant Iso layout

Okay if you want Italian ISO then get a Filco or Varmilo

is 100 euros enough :( ?

Anyone ever owned a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Silent caps? Any good in terms of noise?

don't know all the places I found them are either in usd or gbp

> (I assumed other brands like Ducky, Filco, Leopold...etc. are readily available in stores anywhere else in the world)
Only in parts of the US. I live in London and I guess I could hunt around for a snowflake keyboard shop, but chances are I'd have trouble finding anything that isn't gaymer trash and it's basically not worth the hassle compared to ordering online.

Also chinks usually ship for cheap, if anything you're closer to them than most other parts of the world. Check how much it would cost to actually order a ducky and see if that's still too steep for you.

go to banggood, aliexpress, or gearbest and search for mechanical keyboards there. The most popular ones that most people get are magicforce, james donkey, and drevo

bunmp

>bumping a keyboard thread with no content whatsoever
literally what's the point?

>saging a thread by shitposting
what's the point

Attached: g.jpg (1142x885, 1.24M)

suggesting that someone not bump a thread without content is not shitposting.
It's the easiest thing in the world to do to find a weird keyboard to post with your bump.
Hell you might even spark relevant conversation.

Isn't that the real reason why you bump threads in the first place?

nah it's shitposting, but the best way to sage a thread is to either contribute something and sage or telling the OP to fuck off.
The only reason I bump threads is for the (You)s
which is why I post cute keyboards like these

Attached: Pawn 35%.png (885x957, 1.83M)