Hurr durr don't use Arch installers, you'll learn nothing about ur system

>hurr durr don't use Arch installers, you'll learn nothing about ur system
When will people learn that "tedious" doesn't equal "hard" or "complicated"?

Attached: arch_06.png (720x400, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was the point that you wanted to make again?

the point is that you redditors should stop parroting the same shit
>y-you gotta learn how to generate FSTAB by writing this one line!!!! Y-you'll use it all the time to maintain your system!
There's almost no fucking reason to come back to any of the installation steps once you install Arch, at least not for the common user.
The only things I re-did after installation are locale and once I added a line in fstab to auto mount a partition, that's fucking it

Attached: firefox_2018-06-10_16-08-44.jpg (893x91, 23K)

a tedious process does not make you and/or help you learn anything
not OP

and I forgot to mention that this barely teaches you anything
>wow didn't you learn so much about running this one command that does everything for you and doesn't even tell you what it does?
Don't even bother opening the manual for it because you won't learn jack shit due to the verbosity

You fucking fell for the meme then. Of course it won't be helpful if you're just a common user.

I don't see who it helps though
Take a loot at the Arch installation page on the wiki again
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide
>do this
>ok now run this
>here you go, now you write this
>congratz!
If anyone needs to do any more advanced step they'll just read the wiki page related to that topic, like I did with fstab
So other than configuring fstab right at the installation and maybe some specific locale changes I don't see what manual install brings to the table. Not to mention that manually installing and setting up a DE/WM and display managers is a fucking pain in the ass

>i didn't learn anything from the manual because there were too many words

nice self-own you fucking retard

when you will understand that arch is minimal/simple for the devs to maintain not for the users to use

Arch is pure trash

Is screeching autistically an arch-specific time trait?

>check feed on archlinux.org
>upgrade
Wow, that's so hard to maintain.

>le too many words
no,it's because the manuals are ancient and made with assumptions that users have a certain level of knowledge of unix. most of the time that level of knowledge is well beyond what you'd expect a common user to know

>format drive & pacstrap mnt
>genfstab and chroot
>install plasma-desktop/sddm & enable sddm
>reboot

Holy shit. So hard.

Attached: manlet.jpg (1096x731, 116K)

Fucking A, if you need a primer on how to use a computer 101, you shouldn't be on unix to begin with

This stupid fucking meme makes no sense. People choose Arch because they don't want a distro where the developers DON'T configure shit for them.Arch being easy for the developers to maintain is a byproduct of not tampering with everything from upstream, so of course it's easier, you god-damned retards, but it's not a fault, it's the way some people prefer things.

>network card requires external firmware
Your fancy installer isn't so comfy now, is it?

TRUE!

Arch is just selfish, self-important shit devs circle-jerking each other.

I dont understand that meme, you get the same ammount of information on how to configure something, no matter if you have a preconfigured or mainstream config file, so why do you care if a sample config is already present? Reconfiguration is always faster than writing things from scratch, unless all you do is copy paste from arch wiki

Which is good. I was looking for a circle jerk, and Arch satisfies that need.

Yes.

You can use an arch installer. But you should read the installation guide fully and understand it before you use any method to install.

Sucks to be you.

Protip:
Always use an installer to install Arch.

Unless you are an autistic retard.

Whoa, slow down. Are you sure you don't want a pretty picture to click on that installs it for you?

Gentoo the best distro ever i have seen.

That shit never worked for me. I found it easier to install with CLI

This