Is a career going into technology even.. worth it?

Is a career going into technology even.. worth it?

Attached: 99954A72-1E1A-4AC0-97DF-3FB45CD1E6BD.gif (633x758, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/tech/ai-beats-human-lawyers-at-their-own-game-1732154/
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/chatbots-change-your-mind/
youtube.com/watch?v=4EnitdrbL0w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you'd like to compete with literally a billion pajeets and another billion of chinks, then sure, why not?

Do engineering if you're less than half retarded

I tried telling my friend this but he continued along the route of compsci

Such a shame

Engineering is gay

make your own life decisions then, faggot

"technology" refers to a very wide field of careers. If you want to be an engineer or dev, the time has never been better. If you want to be a PC repairman, stay home.

Fight me faggot

this.
I was gonna go into I.T, but decided against it when I saw all the fucking Indians

You can always go the government route, get the security clearance that allows you to apply for only US citizen and your good.

>I was gonna go into I.T, but decided against it when I saw all the fucking Indians
Indians and DevOps are the two biggest threats to IT jobs.

I got a law degree instead. Chances of automation of the area I'm in is extremely low.

Pure software development = pajeets.
Something tech or science related that needs some programming = safe employment.

Teaching myself mandarin already, i'm not going down without a fight and you shouldn't either user.

CS is the white mans job, so take it back by out-competing the competition.

no son, of course not
just stay in your fast food job
the growth opportunities should be astounding

Stop patronizing me Dad!

It's really easy to figure out, try researching it.

>Chances of automation of the area I'm in is extremely low.
You wish. The bulk of your area is drafting legal documents, predicting outcomes of lawsuits and, most importantly, finding correlations and patterns in loads of paperwork - which, as you may have guessed, computers particularly excel at.

你 会 说 普通话 吗

我可以说写作很困难。
我可以说一点中文

>You wish. The bulk of your area is drafting legal documents, predicting outcomes of lawsuits and, most importantly, finding correlations and patterns in loads of paperwork - which, as you may have guessed, computers particularly excel at.

I'm in public law. Try automating constitutional law decisions.

你推荐什么样的歌剧? 他们很奇怪。

there you go using those big words again, son
i guess ill have to call up Ryan who's graduating Cornell this year
im sure he knows all the words that accomplished people use

>The bulk of your area is drafting legal documents, predicting outcomes of lawsuits and, most importantly, finding correlations and patterns in loads of paperwork - which, as you may have guessed, computers particularly excel at.

At its heart, law is morality and justice. Sure, the Rachel Zane's might not get work as eDiscovery automates issue identification, and the relevant cases identified. I highly doubt AI will actually distil centuries of case law and statute and be able to make reliable predictions. And even if they can, that's half of law - what it is. The other half is what it should be. We're nowhere near AI that can answer such normative questions.

Law is not easily modelled like engineering is, for instance. But yes, drafting, discovery, etc will largely be automated.

geek.com/tech/ai-beats-human-lawyers-at-their-own-game-1732154/

ITT clueless college children talking about """careers""" they never had.

很好
我们会毁了一切

The amount of stress I get (at least in my area) I really believe it isn't I'm moving into something else even if I get paid way less.
Fuck this shit I'm going to work with some CNC and other machinist shit instead after I move back to my old city (rural town where my parents live).

Not true, not to mention "morality" and "justice" do not exist, but even if you were completely right, just your final admission that drafting and discovery will be automated by itself is enough to kill the vast majority of law jobs, user.

Do you care to elaborate and explain how the linked article is relevant?

So it beat them at issue identification, so what, that's a trivial and mundane component of legal practice. When can it stand up before the judge and argue the contract is void for unconscionability?

Am chinese but stopped studying chinese read/writing since 13 because lost interest. Grandmother kept forcing me to learn english and here i am shitposting in a brazillian waxing forum. Grandmother knows japanese because she and my grandfather was liason for village and invading jap forces, too bad she didn't teach me some japanese.

>Not true, not to mention "morality" and "justice" do not exist
That's far from a certain statement. We don't need to have an objectively determinate notion of morality and justice in order to strive for it.

>admission that drafting and discovery will be automated by itself is enough to kill the vast majority of law jobs, user.

Er, not really.

无疑

Well its clear your grandma made the right choice, shitposting is incredibly profitable in the (You) mining economy.
If you want you can learn some japanese, its about as easy as Mandarin or Korean.

我 不推荐 歌剧
可是也 我 不是 中国人

>When can it stand up before the judge and argue the contract is void for unconscionability?
In the near future.
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/chatbots-change-your-mind/
At any rate, arguing before a judge still is the minority of legal work, user.
>Er, not really.
Are you denying the majority of lawyering isn't paperwork? Because if you are, then you're just plain wrong.

I am confident that by the time law is automated to point of extinction, we will have already lost medicine, engineering, IT, programmers, airline pilots and nearly every other profession.

They'll be more to worry about at that point.

我应该看什么?
我也不是中国人。

Then you're an idiot in denial, because law is ALREADY getting automated. The top law firms already employ either IBM Watson or Microsoft Azure Cognitive API or some other shit like that to automate the bulk of their paperwork.

>be me
>encounter AI lawyer
>show it a bar-code and confuse it
>get away with piracy
>its great to live in the current year 2050

Every job you will have will be relatively shit when compared to any job you do not currently have, so just do something you can tolerate and are decent at.

T. Never worked in a law firm
T. Watched a Facebook video
T. Watched a Watson marketing video

You're completely wrong. Paralegals still so all of this work. The technology is not nearly reliable enough to do it.

I have worked on matters where AI can't even be trusted to redact words, because the OCR isn't completely accurate.

There isnt a single AI tool I've seen that accurately determines legal privilege either

We're at least 20 years from having such tools.

Life isn't worth it for most people

>wanting to have to deal with the Chinese

Attached: do not learn chinese mandarin.png (1400x5552, 946K)

t. talking outta your own ass
Technology doesn't get sleepy or takes sick days off. OCRs these days are more accurate than humans (because yes, humans do make reading mistakes and aren't 100% reliable either), and machine learning can go through millions of e-mails and precedents and opinions and whatnot in seconds.
I don't know if you work at a law firm or not, but if you do, it's definitely not in biglaw.

Fuck you no. Pajeet here. There are way too many of us already. Fuck off and do some artsy stuff

>be bottom of the barrel "coder"
>lol cs degrees are useless
>forced to compete with trillions of pajeets for low tier jobs

you brought this upon yourself

The fallacy of sunken cost is so strong user.

I'll look into it though, after Mandarin comes Japanese.

Pajeet here. Dude we have 30,000,000 gods, you think we don't have enough coders?

>and machine learning can go through millions of e-mails and precedents and opinions and whatnot in seconds
And do what with it?

You massively overstate the abilities of AI. It can make simple determinations. For instance, "this word should be redacted", "this document is relevant", "this communication is privileged"

That is a far cry from what law is. The machine is not nearly complex enough to say, determine a dispute between two companies. And if you think it's going to be able to ingest facts, count the number of times each word appears and compare it to 1000 cases, and pull a reliable result... Well then I don't know dude, you're just not getting it. AI is not conscious. It's just really good modelling.

And then there's the regulatory issues...

Surgeons, pilots, and engineers are all in fields where the entire task they do can be entirely replicated by automation. And even in those fields, it's progressing rather slowly.

>BS EE
>no entry level jobs
>literally every job wants a certified 5+ year experienced person in some highly selective languages
>finally find a job that wants a programmer
>we're growing faster than ever and need programmers
>told I'm a good match, do well in the interview
>oh uh, sorry, we were really looking for a technical writer, we'll contact you back if we need programmers we promise :^)
I KNOW YOU FUCKING HIRED YOUR NEPHEWS OR PAJEETS YOU KEKS

The reason is failing on all front is because Jews can't spend the extra $1 an hour it'd take to get or train skilled labor.

Attached: 1438607928419.jpg (552x510, 56K)

America is failing* REEEEEEEE

I can't even angrily say it properly

Attached: 317.jpg (600x785, 36K)

With Japanese you at least will be able to understand what they say in JAV/hentai.

I suppose moon-runes would be a benefit.
English is already a business language i speak well, Japanese like mandarin doesn't really have any practical potential, i want to learn these langauges just because i can.

What is the most spoken language (as in the most countries that speak it, not the most speakers)?

>What is the most spoken language (as in the most countries that speak it, not the most speakers)?
My guess would be English.

>Bs
Get masters baka

|I still want to learn a second language though, so what should it be?

im asking what language whould benefit a tech-oriented career?

French. Canada has a growing market because of Asians and anti-American sentiment.

I don't really know. I guess Chinese as you already say could be useful, also Indian would probably also be good to talk to all the Pajeets.
What countries do your country have lot of trade/cooperation with? Learn their language.

Itt, losers. Most of you are probably unwashed, unkempt spergs who can't talk to another personal normally without spilling your spaghetti. What even possesses you to make threads like these? Fix yourself before you pretend it's the world that's broken.

Would you rather be here all day with people calling you retarded, or normalfags that think you're great because you made a shortcut to a network drive?

No
I could explain it more but I don't want to depress you
It's Sunday night, just go out, have a drink and live for the moment

>normalfags that think you're great because you made a shortcut to a network drive
That's the worst

Name one degree that is not medicine that is not considered overcrowded.

Attached: one.jpg (1024x683, 176K)

>Medschools are overcrowded user

>You massively overstate the abilities of AI
No, you massively overstate the time it will take for these tools to develop. The machines are learning at a much faster rate than you can imagine. They can already predict litigation outcomes with greater accuracy (precision AND recall) than we can. It should take 5 years tops, not 20, for lawyers to be completely replaced.

I make 6 figures, been in the industry for 10 years, I've never worked with pajeets or chinks

This is a lie you tell yourself to avoid working hard

功夫 电影 我的 兄弟
和 普通话 配音

High IQ go for medicine user.

26 year old IT professional

Stay away from IT, do software development if you want to work in technology

然后我会看功夫电影。
我听说耶稣有一个。

This might be a good idea since i am a kanuck.
I think i'll look at a language index to see what is best to learn on east and west coast hong-canada.

What should a senior in CS do if they want a guaranteed decent ($50k+/yr) job after graduation? I'm trying to get involved in open sores projects on github but the learning curve is enormous for most projects that are worth anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=4EnitdrbL0w

If doing open source projects isn't working, then do your own projects. Internships would help a lot too. If you do internships and work on projects then that would be best.

Unless your company pays for it a master's is pointless

Use a recruiting agency

Thanks to the negro kind medical school is as easy as it has ever been and it's getting easier. It's literally flooded with Indians, blacks and Chinese in the US

>I'm trying to get involved in open sores projects on github but the learning curve is enormous for most projects that are worth anything.
What projects are you looking at?

You're almost guaranteed at least 60k for an entry level job unless you're in an extremely poor area or they're screwing you because the company is ass. One of the most important things is start applying for full time jobs as soon as your last semester of school starts. Don't wait until you're out of school or the last month do it as soon as that last one starts and you'll be ahead of lots of people already.

Just apply nonstop when you graduate. I did jack shit for internships before graduation. Took me approx 3 months after graduation to land a $50k job.

If you want to increase your odds then yeah do the internships but honestly once you're on the other side of the fence you notice just how bad some coders are to make getting in much easier.

For the record I do admit that $50k job sucked balls (coded surveys) but 3 months later I left it for a $65k job. Persistance is key.

What's the alternative? I'm learning to draw, so should I just become a good drawfag and do commissions for freaks?

Attached: 1414304688484.png (360x360, 21K)

python

I do all the paperwork for my LLC on legalzoom. You're definitely in the automation zone my dude.

Lol. Did you just start law school or something?

Oh god no.
It pays ok but you will hate yourself for it.

You can blend both together and become a game asset creator and profit in the Unity marketplace

>drawfag commissions
>essentially a help desk where you actually have to listen to what the retarded client thinks

Attached: fuck this.gif (399x222, 2.07M)

I am really curious: Is this talk of CS being literally worthless and pajeets taking over all a meme?
Here where I live (Germany) studying CS is one of the best choices carer wise if you want to make money and have a nice job. Companies even come to my university and recruit people literally out of the classroom.

>Germany
you mean germanistan

what uni?

t. Herr "Whiter than you Mohammed" 56%

Yeah I know the Jow Forums memes. It's not half as bad as most other countries I've visited (UK, France, US for example).

"Fachhochschule" in Hamburg, so technically not a Uni.

Lmao this nigga using spaces
Get on my level
Oh wait I'm on the Jow Forums OS -- no way I'm trying to set up a mandarin keyboard fuck linux

Yes. The pajeet meme applies mostly to IT/IS and not CS/CE. It's fueled by the fact that idiots are allowed to attend uni in the US and so a lot of them fail and then make up reason they didn't want that career anyhow. I emigrated from Finland to the US for work and their job market in software is incredible. I don't even live in a large city like New York or San Francisco and I am making four or five times what I need to live well, so much more than I could make in Helsinki. Only downside is there are too many people here and blacks in particular.

embarrassing

So what is that uni name in a human language (english)?

Also we can all agree that Sweden is the most cucked demographically.

more like 23%

90k/year with

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Don’t mix CE with CS you fucking cuck. One is a literal engineering degree while CS is literally worthless fart app degree.

Its a great way to get your foot in the door and make cash while in Uni.

but user, i live in Poland :^)

Except computer engineering has its limits. You will likely work for only 20 years before computers cannot advance any further.