/guts/ thread

Clean looks edition

Attached: 20180610_184659~3.jpg (3157x4152, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase-maker-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice. I seem to remember a GN video showing with an open fin GPU, having a intake rad from the CPU barely impacts the GPU temps, while an exhaust rad greatly increases the the CPU temps with an open GPU. So well done.

Thanks. Yes, while researching I found a video about rad placement and how it impacts temps, exactly like you explained it. And it looks better imo

aren't those strix boards terrible?

Attached: DSC_1382.jpg (4724x2868, 2.29M)

I havent got any problems so far. The bios is okay and it has everything I need for now. Only thing that bothers me is the bad lighting control, but I rarely use it. Can't say anything about OCing tho, since my 8700k is still running on stock speed

Looks cool somehow. Could use some love but I know cable management is awesome to do with such a case. Specs ?

*awfull lol

Just finished putting it together this weekend.

Attached: Guts.jpg (1500x2000, 2.01M)

Sweet. The radiator would look better in the upper position of the front panel tho. Otherwise pretty solid build

Attached: GUTS.jpg (2637x1080, 1.09M)

Attached: gutsplusspeccy.png (1304x816, 928K)

Nice components but not a big fan of the colour scheme. Is getting a nice custom loop worth it ?

Absolutely not performance wise. Don't do it, unless you like pushing yourself more than the PC. I had lots of fun planning out and putting together my build. The extra small gains is just a bonus.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Well done !

4095 not 4096?

Thats weird, didnt even notice it. It actually should be 8192 since its a 8gb card. Must be an error with speccy

Clean.
Green.
Small.
Wet.
Dust.

Case?

Is that the meshify?

Air 240.

>niche SFF CPU, GPU, and PSU
wait...

Attached: 05060008.jpg (3415x5122, 2.28M)

What kind of rad, looks different from standard ones. And is that..... soap bubbles in your res? I just ran distilled water for 24h and drain the loop. I've read that a mixture of distilled water and vinegar is best for cleaning a loop out.

Still a bit of a work in progress as to cable routing, and just redid the coolant, hence all the bubbles

Attached: computer 2.jpg (958x937, 356K)

Hey yeah I just removed that image as it was from earlier, It's a Hardware Labs Nemesis GTR, it only has two ports unfortunately so bleeding it is a bitch. Also the bubbles are from Primochill System Reboot which I hate with a passion, I seriously used about 5 gallons of water to get it out of the system.

Advice I found with my loop you may want to know.
If you stress your system the water heats up and expands slightly. I had no leaks but I didn't like the idea of one starting. I keept my rad 2/3s full, ran furmark and P95 for 2 hours. Then I slowly opened an empty plug on the top of my res and the water level rised by a few mm. I topped up the rad a bit and sealed it, so under max heat it has equal pressure with the atmosphere, and cold it's under negative pressure. It put my mind at rest, and if air seeps in it's no big deal and you will notice it cus the water level will be less.

That's a very good point, I do something somewhat similar. Not quite as effective as your method but for the first few hours after refilling my loops and gaming I'll open one of the ports every so often just to release any extra pressure that's built up. Usually I'll hear it release to.

Attached: guts4.jpg (1440x3736, 1.14M)

Old gaymen setup

Attached: 2017-09-26-496.jpg (4000x3000, 2.22M)

New hotness.

Attached: IMG_0215.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

Attached: IMG_0218.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

Very nice. Is dats some industrial noctuas on the rad?

Is it worth it to get all Noctua fans? I kinda want to get them just to match the color scheme, but it would cost like $100 just to replace the case fans.

Attached: green_boi.jpg (3630x3260, 2.2M)

They are Noctua NF-F12 Chromax. Not industrial, consumer grade.

Performance wise, no.
Cus you love your PC and have fun working on it, yes.

100% AMD workstation reporting in

Clean, I like it my dude

>yellow/black sleeved cables
mmm yum yum yum where did you buy those?

just straight up beautiful as always. Where did you buy those silver/gray cables anyway?

I miss the one-slot graphics cards. They look so neat and cute

Those mesh panels inside aren't included in that case I assume? God tier modding friend

Attached: 2018-06-09 (guts).jpg (2000x1128, 422K)

old guts pls roast

Attached: angles.jpg (1971x1314, 697K)

>tfw can't even roast because it's too neat

Attached: 2017-08-26-486.jpg (4000x2248, 1.65M)

Ahh, good 'ol Hyper 212 Plus/Evo.

Where'd you get the second fan? I might wanna do that

>EVGA case badge.
>Bottom card suffocating
>SLI 670 instead of a single 680
2/10 would not bang.

Cool, a snake terrarium.

:(

Attached: kindanonphotshopwhatabro.jpg (1716x1287, 1.05M)

I really should've gotten a modular one but it was 750w and cheap, works great though.

I attached two "Be Quiet! PureWings 2 120 mm" fans. The CPU cooler itself comes with extra mounting brackets for push/pull configuration.

I don't know how much more effective it is, I just had some extra fans laying around

>Those mesh panels inside aren't included in that case I assume?
No, the fan grilles are made out of the same mesh. Cut it out of an old Caselabs case. I'm thinking about painting the name of the computer on that plate above the drive bays.
I wanted to paint the GPU brown as well to match, and swap the color of the leds to white. But its an expensive GPU and I might move it into a build that isn't brown in the future.

Dam son, you cut up a Case Labs. They're expensive. I have had mine for 8 years, ans I'll probably use it forever.

Yeah, feel really bad about it thinking back. I got a tx-10 when I was like 14 (a gift from a stupid relative) and I didn't know anything about modding so I ended up fucking it up beyond repair.
Kept some more useful panels though, been using them for miscellaneous projects.

Best I could do with all the fucking HardDrives.

7970 and 8350 starting to feel a bit old...

Attached: HunkofJunkMKVI.jpg (2403x960, 404K)

CableMod

Put a basement cover on that and it would look pretty great. Maybe make a cover for the drives as well.

8350 is still a fucking beast, it costs G4620 money and scores over 700 on Cinebench with a mild OC.

Attached: 2017-08-26-484.jpg (4000x2248, 1.25M)

That gets my pin incredibly hard though.

Attached: gayto.jpg (1512x2016, 1.04M)

new build roast me H A R D

Attached: new build.jpg (2016x1512, 668K)

>Nvidia SLI RAM
>AMD XFX MOBO
WTF am I looking at.

YOUNGLING DETECTED.
It's an old Core 2 Quad and XFX 750i Motherboard. The ram is just OCZ stuff certified to work with SLI.

>maximus meme board
>corsair RAM/AIO
>RGB
Actually looks pretty good

>open air case
HEATHEN!

Back in the 775 days when DDR3 was new hotness, they mad SLI memory that could hit 2000MHz in 2007, which is kinda impressive, 2000mhz isn't even a native ratio for my FX8350 or the intels.

I miss my Q6600 PC, it was an oem piece of shit but it was great

Attached: IMG_0232.jpg (2933x2889, 2.41M)

The open air is great for cooling, But I clipped one of the GPU fans and had to order all three of them to replace it. Fuckin sucked, and I'm a corsair memeboy
Core 2 Quads are still decent for light use, I'm debating using mine for a NAS

9/10. I have been considering open air for my next build, would you recommend?

Attached: Pussy Moisturizer.jpg (3571x3432, 2.59M)

Thanks! I really like it so far, the biggest drawback is dust though. I like the Moisturizer too

not him (and I don't have an open air case), but have you ever run your computer without a case (for example, just putting your motherboard on on the table and not running any case fans?). That shit is fucking way quieter than having your computer in a case because there's no air turbulence and resistance from fan filters, fan grills and other obscructions.

It's really fucking weird how much more quieter my computer is when it's not in a computer case

just fuck my shitty camera, also nvm the PSU mess

Attached: 6832842b-518e-4e10-a7ae-1e22dc392200.jpg (1280x1266, 208K)

I definitely need a m2 heatsink

Attached: Final.jpg (2500x1655, 2.42M)

thanks nig. nothing an air duster cant fix
both of you guys are making me want to get open air even more then i wold have. this case is amazing but it does make a bit of sound under load, the only thing im worried about is my chipset catching fire

Attached: 1523852124106.jpg (782x440, 62K)

1000/10

>dat drive bay
What is that glorious case

>glorious case

it's overpriced, yet I don't give a fuck bc I won it in a local bingo

coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase-maker-5/

It's pronounced Gattsu.

>take fans/heatsink off GPU
>still sags
the absolute state of vertical mobofags

I was thinking of making my own PSU shroud. It can't be that hard, right?

Attached: 1.jpg (2690x2240, 2.76M)

>can't be that hard, right?

With the right tools it ends good

its pretty easy
just get a piece of acrylic from the hardware store, measure it and cut it (can easily be cut by scoring with a knife and breaking) and bend it where you want by waving a couple of lighters underneath it. spray paint it and you are good to go.

It is, yeah

I love the design of the older XFX cards. Had a 7870 back then

Thats a really awesome build. You should definitely go for a M.2 heatsink, especially since they are like 10 bucks and your ssd isnt really what you'd call good looking

It's funny people think this case is small when really it's just short. In reality it's like they took a full tower, chopped in half at the waistline, and glued the two halves together next to eachother.

Yes getting a custom loop is definitely worth it. However you have to have hardware that would benefit from a proper cooling solution. That and it depends on how much you want to spend. There are plenty of cheap liquid cooling options, you just need to know how to plan out a loop and select parts. Hard line tubing is a beast of its own, using flexi-tubing is recomended for new users.

Nice looking GPU's for such an obsolete card. Which they still made them like that

>psu shroud
worst meme that's been gaining traction

Which is why I picked it.

Do you think my rig (OP here) would benefit from a custom loop ? One thing I alway think about with custom loops is, if youre gonna hear pump noise like with an aio or are there completely silent pumps ?

Whats the matter with it ? Gives the build a cleaner look if you care for aesthetics and usually has some kind of pass through built in, so it shouldnt block that much airflow

I just don't understand why people don't want to show off their hardware. It reminds me of engine covers in newer cars.

Well on some cases there are cutouts for it (Phanteks Evolv for example) And on most builds the PSU is one of the ugliest parts and cable management is a pain in the ass right next to it

When did Xol get added to Heroic strike list? I thought that was a single player only thing.

Hey can I touch your machine?
>breathes heavily
>greasy fingerprints from eating pizza
>grease crumbs from face drop onto keyboard
>gets stuck in keyboard
>sprays spit by talking all over the screen
>makes mouth noises and picks nose

My first build ever. Surprisingly everything works. Had to cut back somewhere due to budget reasons and decided to cut back on the ram(have 2x4gb sticks with 2 more empty slots) and the cpu cooler because they seemed easier to upgrade than the cpu or gpu

Attached: IMG_20180411_182208.jpg (4160x3120, 1.68M)

rate my computer

Attached: IMG_20180402_161458.jpg (4208x2368, 2.6M)

gren plants

Attached: 1528615621392.png (1373x833, 59K)

Dude, can you recommend the best video to learn how to post a rig together?I have a bunch of books on my kindle (they were free), and Nvidia V drive that cost almost $4k, 2 tb Ssd drive, and a The Tower 900 case along with a bunch of coolers and all kinds of shit (I was high on bentos and used a bunch of my bitcoin money). What's the best way to bo about it if doing for the first time?

People always tell me "it's just like setting up legos" but if you fuck up legos you aren't out thousands of dollars. advice from anyone? Also, do you recommend rack like that one? I also have a cool master case I bought. anyway, any help greatly appreciated lads.

I literally have $11k worth of shit bought with my bitcoin shekels I got from cashing out in late Dec after buying in when they were below $40 (I only needed it bc my other one wouldn't play with my new Vive and the Ssd had run out already).

anyone have any advice on a book or a video? If I could do it over again and knew what the price would be, just would have had one of those small little boutique type places fucking build it for me. Any advice lads? I really want to play "kingdom come deliverance" and a few Vive games..

Attached: fucking--shit.jpg (1632x1224, 631K)

also, deadly serious, if anyone is in the northern NJ area and wants to make shekels and wants to set up comms via anonymous email, let me know. I don't want my first time to be on something as pricey as this, and closest I've come is a fucking raspberry pi....

I wish my case a bit larger.

Attached: IMG_20180609_042644.jpg (4608x3456, 3.31M)

There are plenty of videos on YouTube. The most difficult well not difficult but nervewrecking thing was inserting the cpu in the socket and applying the thermal paste. Other than that there isn't anything you can fuck up really. Most components are made so they can only be installed in one specific way so it's not like you can fuck it up unless you are completely retarded and try to install the ram upside down which you can't because there is an obvious notch. Check pcpartpicker for compatibility and ask for help in /pcbg/.

thanks mate. I was high on pills 6 weeks ago and somehow
9was blacked out) managed to ruin my fucking i-9 cpu and my ROg Rampage extreme (which was $700). This time, couldn't afford the same board (even though that one seemed amazing) so went down to a $440. Fucking up that and ruining those 2 things were honestly just about worst moments of my life, ad how I managed it, still don't know, was in a total blackout.

tried to fix myself, took to a local chink who said he specialized in fixing motherboards, said no way, it was fucked. This time, nervous to even touch fucking anything.

I will be selling this for like 400~450€, it has an i5-4460, H81M-K, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz, HD7970, shitty 850w PSU, 180GB SSD Intel and 500GB HDD.
Prices here are a little turn up so that price is even cheap.

Attached: IMG_20180610_214749~2.jpg (3875x3456, 2.6M)

and thinks, didn't know about /pcbg/. Have checked them all on pc part picker, good to go. over. www.overclock.net is a great site with great info but usually pretty slow as far as getting info.

The moral of the story is don't build PCs while you are high.
When you do it don't rush it make sure you have enough time and you are rested. Basically what I am saying is don't build it at 2 am.

true enough. and I wasted... not only one, but fucking TWOmotherboards costing $800 each, plus the CPU costing $950. Anyway, if you are on this board and have time, can you look at another thread I made dude?

I have 2 case I'm considered for my new build today-- a Tower 900 and a cool master Trooper. One (the Tower) is fucking massive and will have room for all my big cooler shit, but the other other is so fucking unorthodox that not sure it will match up well with all the books I've been reading. Any opinion? Also, thanks for reading and responding, this board is usually shit with people just cursing me and telling me to leave. This board and /v have become absolute trash in the past ~2 yrs or so.

If you want, can show you pics of you think it will help you give a better opinion. Thanks a lot mate. Cheers.

>ask for help in /pcbg/.
uh, dude, where do I find /pcbg/? have checker here, crip chan even (christ help me) le reddit, ad nothing. Is it a site I just haven't heard of yet? thanks mate.

I have build only one pc in my entire life. You should probably ask someone more experienced. Go here

just slap it together.
The first I usually mount is the CPU on the mobo and the CPU cooler. Then put the backplate of the mobo in the case and put the mobo inside. These are the hardest parts to mount. You will also have so screw some screws on the case itself to mount the mobo over it.
All the other parts just should slap there together, they have their own sockets so they can't fit on any other place that where they are designed to be on.

Attached: IMG_20180608_211557.jpg (3480x4640, 2.95M)